Wedding Woes

EARLY Wednesday post

It's my day off.  Wahoo.  

I'm heading out in a few to do some shopping and returns.  I also have counseling this afternoon.  :)

DefConn's poor face is pretty rough looking.  He fell off a climbing structure and landed on the left side of his face.  His glasses bruised him up pretty good and his shoulder also took a hit.  He says it doesn't hurt unless you touch it or his squeezes his eyes closed.  I may post a pic later.  

I'm so glad it's going to cool off.  I just know we're going to get a spate of 80's or 90's as a last gasp of summer sometime in the next month.  

Re: EARLY Wednesday post

• Aww, poor DefConn! Hope he's OK! 

We've still got a heat advisory here, and possible severe thunderstorms later. Should make for a fun drive home! 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

His poor face was banged up conn

Not much AT ALL today.  I worked a little and worked out.  Small group starts up tomorrow, so I need to bake a coffee cake.  I also need to run to the bank to pick up ref money and maybe try to find a little something to organize all the shit I'm going to need this season.

Otherwise I'm taking myself to lunch and binge watching tv.

• I'm exhausted for no real reason other than a 2 year old who fights me tooth and nail on life. Why couldn't he have inherited my easy going personality?!?!

Going to see Where'd You Go Bernadette? with my book club tonight. Will be nice to go even though I've heard it isn't that great. I'm glad the theatre has reserved seats since I won't be able to get there until right at the start time (well ok preview start time since I know it'll be 20 min of previews after the actual movie start time). Hopefully the other ladies pick the correct seats by me. I told them which seat and row I reserved
  • Jeez DefConn! Owch!

@kvruns Toddlers are savage ....

We've also got thunderstorm warnings most of the day also. It's cool until Monday, but then gets humid again - until another rain shower.

Molars can fuck right off.
    BabyKitten has been shoving her hand/fingers in her mouth and likely because her teeth are bugging her - we usually remove it, but last night she was in her crib {quiet but awake} and suddenly I saw something and I was pretty sure it was puke.
    Yup.
    Nothing says parenting like 8:45pm changing sheets and quick bath because SOMEONE decided to lie in their puke. {gross kid .... gross.}
    She felt a bit warm, so we gave her motrin.

Up again about 12:30 and didn't really go down until almost 3am ... then up again at 4am - this time screaming and biting things. Luckily it was enough time for another dose.

I'm tired ....
    I also dripped coffee on my WHITE top today ... I try to dress nice and this happens.
  • kvruns said:
    I'm exhausted for no real reason other than a 2 year old who fights me tooth and nail on life. Why couldn't he have inherited my easy going personality?!?!

Going to see Where'd You Go Bernadette? with my book club tonight. Will be nice to go even though I've heard it isn't that great. I'm glad the theatre has reserved seats since I won't be able to get there until right at the start time (well ok preview start time since I know it'll be 20 min of previews after the actual movie start time). Hopefully the other ladies pick the correct seats by me. I told them which seat and row I reserved
    When I was in France movie listings did usually have two start times- previews and show. And then after previews the lights came up for 30 seconds so people who wanted to skip the previews could duck in. Made so much sense
    that is a great idea! I don't mind watching a few but I feel like you would always get to the movie early to get a good seat/get settled, then you have commercials, then finally previews and when it's all said and done I feel like I'd sat for 30 min before the movie even started which just felt too long. I think reserved seating will change some of this for sure. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We have thunderstorm warnings too (of course I'm going to a Mets game sans H and kids tonight..still going, I'll just eat and drink under the covered part of the stadium) and it's humid as heck.  Spent the morning organizing the kids' back to school supplies that arrived in like 11 different Target boxes, about to take them to the playground to bridge between now and lunch time.
    @kvruns enjoy the movie...I really liked that book but I've heard mixed things about the movie.  @mrsconn23 aw get better soon Defconn @MissKittyDanger booo molars!
  • Boxing tonight! We also have to pack for a weekend trip to Michigan for H’s cousins wedding. 

I’m proud of us. We already bought the card and don’t have to rush to the store an hour before the ceremony. 

Progress. 
  • levioosa said:
    Poor DefConn. 

I passed my boards!!!!!!!!! I’ve been so stressed out and yesterday I took my exam. We went out last night to celebrate and I had all of the drinks so I’m paying for it a little this morning but I don’t even care. Today I plan on spudding out on the couch, watching Netflix, and ordering Indian food. Maybe I’ll organize my dresser if I’m feeling really inspired. 
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

• ei34ei34 member
    That's awesome @levioosa , congrats!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2019
    Woohoo!  @levioosa, that is amazeballs!
    @STARMOON44, I wish america could adopt that.  I feel like previews are getting longer and longer these days and i also like to know WHAT a movie is about - but I hate watching a 5 minute synapsis of all the good parts before it.  Edit to add: i also know I sound like a grumpy old lady when I say that.

SSDD for me.  I have to go home and bake a lasagna and some Brazilian cheese rolls.  Have to pick up some carrot cake fixings to make a paleo carrot cake since I’ve been all about that lately. 

• levioosa said:
    Poor DefConn. 

I passed my boards!!!!!!!!! I’ve been so stressed out and yesterday I took my exam. We went out last night to celebrate and I had all of the drinks so I’m paying for it a little this morning but I don’t even care. Today I plan on spudding out on the couch, watching Netflix, and ordering Indian food. Maybe I’ll organize my dresser if I’m feeling really inspired. 
    Congratulations!! Such an amazing achievement!
  • The movie previews really are so long now. I like watching some, but not 20 minutes worth. I end up eating most of my popcorn before the movie starts. 

JK. I get a large tub just for myself and I don't share. 
    We have free refills!  Refill that puppy up riiiiiight before you think the last preview is going to end.
    it’s a science.  Getting down to the last preview. 

• Levioosa - Congrats!!!!!

MrsConn - Poor DefConn!  Hope he heals quickly!

Sparkle - Good luck in your interview!

Yesterday I stayed home from work.  In the morning I went to the animal clinic to get the discounted heartworm pills.  They only are open 3 days per week from 9-10:30 and its first come, first serve.  We put up with that because its almost cheaper by half than getting the same pills from our vet.  Down side is they would only give us one box, since that is when Cassie's bloodwork was due again.  So we will have to go back again in 3 months to get more.

Next stop was BJs to get the new tires installed on our Rogue.  The garage now smells like fresh rubber something fierce!  I can even smell it inside our other car when I get in to drive it.  I asked H to keep it outside tonight and he said, it's supposed to rain.  Well?  So what!  The car has been outside the last few days when afternoon thunderstorms have rolled through!

I then went to my BFFs new house and we just sat around and chatted for a bit.  Once home, I cooked dinner and then H and I worked on mudding and taping the half bath again because it keeps cracking.  We keep doing the fixes for the cracks and it still keeps cracking.  I hope this coat finally does it!  I think H is ready to rip it out and start again.  Tonight is yoga after work then home.
  • The movie previews really are so long now. I like watching some, but not 20 minutes worth. I end up eating most of my popcorn before the movie starts. 

We have free refills!  Refill that puppy up riiiiiight before you think the last preview is going to end.
    We do actually have free refills on large tubs too.

I'm very serious about my movie theater popcorn. We have to put the butter on ourselves, so I take a portion cup and lid and fill it with butter too. That way I can butter the rest of my popcorn when I'm halfway down without leaving my seat. 

We do actually have free refills on large tubs too.

I'm very serious about my movie theater popcorn. We have to put the butter on ourselves, so I take a portion cup and lid and fill it with butter too. That way I can butter the rest of my popcorn when I'm halfway down without leaving my seat. 
    I always just shake off the top few inches (or ask them to leave it off if I remember) of popcorn off and butter, shake, butter, shake, butter, shake, butter.  Yes, 4 times.  My first job was a movie theatre, I got the shake move down.  :D

My one thing is that I really dislike getting bags of popcorn.  They used to let you still get a tub in smaller sizes for a small upcharge, but they've stopped doing even that.  So we usually end up with a large just b/c that's the only one that comes in a tub anymore.
  • @mrsconn23, poor DefConn!  I'm glad he's doing all right, everything considered!

@sparklepants41, good luck at your interview tomorrow!  And enjoy the tapas, wine, and good company tonight.  Sounds fun!

@levioosa, Congrats!  That's amazing news and I'm glad all your hard work paid off.

@climbingwife and @CharmedPam have me craving popcorn now, lol.  And I just so happen to have some at work ;).  Time for an afternoon snack!

It's been a super busy, but productive day at work.  My H and I have a mystery shop dinner at a restaurant we really like this evening.

My foot from the fall I had yesterday is almost completely recovered.  Lightly bruised, a little puffy, and a tiny bit sore/stiff.  But it's not painful at all, even to walk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  glad your foot is healing

Ladies .... quit it with the popcorn. Movie popcorn is my fave lmao
  • I totally need to go to the movies now for some popcorn. 
  • Can’t remember what life hack I saw this on - but some people get the butter down by putting a straw in the popcorn and them pouring butter down the straw. For some reason I always miss the year end popcorn sale
    at amc.  Spend $20 or $25 in Dec and from Jan - Dec the following year refills in this tub are $5 each, which is cheaper than a small.

• I usually ask for an extra tray and spilt the popcorn myself. My theater has the butter machines available for public use so it makes it easier! 
  • Congrats @levioosa! Enjoy your evening @sparklepants41 - hope the interview goes well.

I love popcorn too, but haven't had any in ages. Y'all are making me hungry.

H and I went to look at and order replacement storm doors at Lowes. The guy who measures for them just left. The ones we want to order won't fit our door openings (the openings are too big) so we have to go with another model. Thank goodness we are paying for installation - which includes the guy coming out to measure! We also ordered a new mailbox post. Our house is 20 years old so lots of stuff going on for maintenance. The new roof should be going on in a week or so then painting starts. Oh yeah and the refrigerator repair guy is coming Friday. Do not buy a Samsung french door refrigerator guys. The ice makers are trash!

I made a pasta recipe for dinner that I saw on Lidia Bastianich's  show. I didn't have the ricotta salata so left that out. It was really good though. H and I are going to a fund raiser on Saturday and will meet her. I am so excited. I love her show and want to go to one of her restaurants.

Other than that, not much going on around here.

I went to Lidia's in Kansas City probably 10 years ago with DH's mom and grandfather (it was a weird day) but the food was great! I should go again the next time we're there, actually.