Wedding Woes

Thursday

What's up?  Everyone biding their time until the end of the week?

It's cloudy and cooled off today.  DH is upset that Labor Day camping is going to be on the cool side, but bring it on.  I just have to pack for 3 seasons for one weekend.  ;) 

I got some major shopping done yesterday.  I had to get a 1st bday gift for DH's cousin's baby and a baby shower gift for DH's other cousin.  I got to see my mom, because she works at a baby store.  Buying tiny outfits is still fun.  :D

Looking forward to a weekend with few plans.  Just camping prep.  

Prudie coming up.  

Re: Thursday

• @mrsconn23 good lord you were productive! Lol
    I'm glad that even though BabyKitten is growing, she's still got little things. Like shoes and socks lmao! {note: she is almost 15 months and barely fits into 12 month stuff! Slowly getting there :) }

@CharmedPam What are Brazilian cheese rolls?

Teething can fuck right off. Seriously.
    BabyKitten's 15 month appt is on Sept 11th {nearly 2 weeks after she officially is lol but that's what worked for times} and if there's no change in her sleep, I'm gonna see if the dr can see in her mouth. The second she notices we're trying to see, she clamps down and vice grips her mouth shut.

She went to bed fine, but was up at 12:30 - 1:45am .... then up screaming at 6am.
    I'm tired :(
  • I heard the teething years are so much fun @misskittydanger!  Lol.  Not sure of the real recipe but the grain free one is basically cheese and flour to make a cheesy type bread thing.

https://againstallgrain.com/2018/09/26/gluten-free-brazilian-cheese-bread-pao-de-queijo/

• Busy week! We were out at an offsite yesterday and we have our company summer picnic (in Canada!) all afternoon/evening today. It’s cool and cloudy but at least it’s not as hot. I’m tired but at least I don’t have to work the rest of the day. 
  • Felt like I was running around like crazy yesterday. Worked until after 5, hit the gym. Thankfully drive home wasn't bad. H was out sailing so I called in a to-go order for dinner. Decided to stop at CVS before my food, and I was stuck there FOREVER. Finally picked up, but then my brother came over for suitcases for his honeymoon. The dogs wanted to play outside. I finally sat down to dinner at 8:30pm. 

So, I'm ready for it to be the weekend. 
  • @CharmedPam Yum! I'm gonna have to send that to M - he's a huge cheese fan so he'll wanna try things.
    Teething is hit or miss with kids. I got 13 teeth at 13 months {ie; all front plus 4 molars and 1 eye tooth} so at least I got it done and over with in one shot. Another baby on my mom group has had ZERO issues teething. One day the mom will just be like "oh you have another tooth!"
    BabyKitten seems to be having a rough time with molars and they're by nature a rougher one since they come in pieces - unlike regular teeth. But tbh I think her eye teeth may come sooner than expected since this morning she was doing a lot "bite and pull" - which means her front teeth were bugging her, and those are already in so the eye teeth will irritate whatever is already in.

/teething novel
  • @short+sassy  labour day is not this weekend but next :)
  • @short+sassy  labour day is not this weekend but next :)
    Oh yes!  I realize, but thanks for mentioning it.  I'm definitely taking next Fri. off to make it a 4 dayer.  I just want to take tomorrow off also, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    @short+sassy  labour day is not this weekend but next :)
    But when is labor day? 😂  lol. I wish I could have Friday’s off in Sept and more importantly October! I knew someone who did that at my old job. 

yesterday my brother and nephews called to FaceTime. I don’t think he’s ever done that. Anyway i asked if it was raining where they are.  My bro said “no but it will be soon”.
    i told him it had already rained in chicago and my 2.5 yr old nephew said “oh.  I’m going to Chicago tomorrow”
    ”you are? On a random Thursday? You going by yourself or with someone?”
    my brother said “apparently by himself?” And then my nephew said “it’s going to rain tomorrow” 
    “it is? How do you know?  Did you see a weatherman on the news?”
    ”no.  I went outside and looked up at the sky”.

ok, ‘cus that makes sense - The following of the weatherman thing - that doesn’t!!!

edit for hopefully some clarity And @Casadena that’s super exciting!  Both my bro and sister kept theirs as surprises.  

• edited August 2019
    @short+sassy  labour day is not this weekend but next :)
    But when is labor day? 😂  lol. I wish I could have Friday’s off in Sept and more importantly October! I knew someone who did that at my old job. 

yesterday my brother and nephews called to FaceTime. I don’t think he’s ever done that. Anyway i asked if it was raining where they are.  My bro said “no but it will be soon”.
    i told him it had already rained in chicago and my 2.5 yr old nephew said “oh.  I’m going to Chicago tomorrow”
    ”you are? On a random Thursday? You going by yourself or with someone?”
    my brother said “apparently by himself?” And then my nephew said “it’s going to rain tomorrow” 
    “it is? How do you know?  Did you see a weatherman on the news?”
    ”no.  I went outside and looked up at the sky”.

ok, ‘cus that makes sense - The following of the weatherman thing - that doesn’t!!!

edit for hopefully some clarity And @Casadena that’s super exciting!  Both my bro and sister kept theirs as surprises.  
    Actual labour day is always a Monday {sept 2nd this year} Next year labour day is my bday - and fun fact I was born on labour day ;)

and lol at nephew's forecast/trip 
  • Casadena - I had all those early ultrasounds with the fertility doc too.  My first pregnancy visit with my OB, the assistant wheeled in their ultrasound machine.  And the Dr goes, "We don't need that, she was seeing Dr. T." and I almost said, "But I want to see my baby again!"  LOL!  So I know what you are feeling today!  Hope no one spoils the news for you!

We will do a quick dinner tonight and then go on a Target run.  DD will be happy, she has been asking to go to Target lately!  LOL!  "Mommy - we go to Target?"  No kid - stop spending my money!
  • K is leaving right after I get home from work for a roller derby tournament and will be gone until Sunday.  I'm both sad b/c I'll miss them, but also yay for me time!  Also, I'm always happy about the me time for about 2 hours, then I get all stroppy about it.  This time I have my movie pass though, so maybe I can keep myself entertained.  And I'm planning on getting the organization totally finished b/c I can just concentrate on it until it's done.  K tends to be more like the "squirrel!" method of working.  :D

Other than that, SSDD.
  • @Casadena Like no known gender until birth? If so, kudos! I find gender neutral stuff is hard to shop for - doable, but hard. I really wanted to know, so we did not even consider waiting lol {there was a few reasons though}
    Do you guys have names thought of already?
    Have you considered any nursery things? {note; BabyKitten's room is quite gender neutral - we opted for that on the sheer fact of wanting to give her options to have choices as she gets older :) }
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Small group kicked back off today and that always makes me happy:)

6let got his first yellow card last night so he’s all puffed up today. M2 is in gifted math this year. 

Its really dreary today. I have a bit of work to do and I need to go to the grocery store for buns. Dh got me a gift card to kohl’s for new clothes. Their clothes really suck though so I’m looking for kitchen aid attachments instead. 

We got got a new ring doorbell. Last night it caught 4 deer in our front yard. 
  • @Casadena I waited to find out the gender with my first and I'm glad I did! It was nice too because everyone got us more practical stuff at the shower but we still got a ton of people buy us cute girl outfits when they came to visit :)
  • 6fsn said:

6let got his first yellow card last night so he’s all puffed up today. M2 is in gifted math this year. 

Its really dreary today. I have a bit of work to do and I need to go to the grocery store for buns. Dh got me a gift card to kohl’s for new clothes. Their clothes really suck though so I’m looking for kitchen aid attachments instead. 

I'm picturing deer in black, leather jackets "up to no good", aka 50's hoodlum style.  Just waiting for you all to go to bed or leave the house, so they can break in and steal the fruit and veggies out of your fridge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

I'm picturing deer in black, leather jackets "up to no good", aka 50's hoodlum style.  Just waiting for you all to go to bed or leave the house, so they can break in and steal the fruit and veggies out of your fridge.
    omfgggggg
  • I succeeded yesterday in laying on the couch and watching Netflix all day while ordering Indian food. It was glorious. I got through three episodes of Euphoria before I had to stop and take a break. I’m realistic and have processed pretty much everything with my brother, but some scenes still made me sad. It’s definitely not a “binge watch in one day” show. 

I work the next few days so at some point I have to meal prep and get organized. I wish fish didn’t smell so much when you heat it up because I’ve been on a real salmon kick lately, and salmon with veggies sounds great. But I can’t be that person at work. Otherwise SSDD. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6fsn said:

HAHAHA. They don’t have to sneak in though they attack our garden and berries regularly. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @short+sassy  take that time off!  You deserve it!  @OliveOilsMom my kids love Target too..like no guys, just no @Casadena enjoy the ultrasound!  There's a huge difference between that pre-12 weeks, gummy bear phase and 20 weeks, where they look like a baby.  That's fun to wait until birth to find out the baby's sex...one small regret I have is telling people my first was a girl.  I mean H and I would've still found out but we should've kept it to ourselves.  We ended up with 50-something 0-3 month thoughtful-but-impractical dresses after my baby shower :p

Just got in from a pool day.  Kids are resting and I'm prepping dinner (chicken tacos...but the chicken was leftover from two nights ago so really just chopping and dicing the sides).  Still really hot here.
  • Saw Where'd You Go Bernadette last night with book club. It was decent but the book was better. I had a hard time concentrating on the movie and not just thinking about how xyz was different in the book. 

My knee is hurting lately. I've noticed when I work out (just elliptical) that when i go to stretch afterwards my knee hurts. Usually that means I need to use the foam roller on my IT Band which then is painful but a good painful I guess. I hope it loosens up soon. Maybe someday I'll even get back to running. 
  • kvruns said:
    Saw Where'd You Go Bernadette last night with book club. It was decent but the book was better. I had a hard time concentrating on the movie and not just thinking about how xyz was different in the book. 

My knee is hurting lately. I've noticed when I work out (just elliptical) that when i go to stretch afterwards my knee hurts. Usually that means I need to use the foam roller on my IT Band which then is painful but a good painful I guess. I hope it loosens up soon. Maybe someday I'll even get back to running. 
    My dad was an avid reader and movie watcher.  I will pass along his wisdom, that I have also found to be largely true, lol.

--Movies are much better suited to short stories, than novels.  Though unfortunately that's not usually how it is done.

--If possible, watch the movie first.  THEN read the book.  That way it is a sense of the story being expanded, instead of contracted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Btw any thoughts on Matrix 4 that's in the works?

I'm stoked but I've seen mixed reviews because Trinity and Neo are dead.

Let me be real: idgaf if it's a zombie Matrix movie. GIVE ME KEANU REEVES
  • Btw any thoughts on Matrix 4 that's in the works?

Well, with the ending of the 3rd one, it'd be pretty easy to "rise from the dead" Neo and he can get Trinity back.

IDK, I love what the sisters created with Matrix and it feels a little bit like going back to the well because nothing has been quite as popular as that first Matrix.  Neither of the sequels were as good, storywise, and I feel like there hasn't been a steady hand in their writing/directing since then.  I may adore Sense8, but it did suffer from some pacing issues and a helluva complex story that they couldn't seem to tell very well without murking it up.  I would just be really sad if Matrix's storyline continued downhill.
  • @MissKittyDanger - yes we are not finding out the sex until birth!  Our whole house is pretty much white/beige/gray, so we're just sticking that in the baby room.  We haven't had too much trouble finding neutral stuff, so that's good :)  We talked about names a lot right away but haven't mentioned it in a while, we'll have to get back to looking!
    @Jstump2 - I'm definitely looking forward to (hopefully) more practical gifts at the shower.  
    @ei34 - We thought about just finding out ourselves, but I think we'd both have WAY too much trouble keeping that secret so we decided just to wait :)  Super excited for the ultrasound and to see how much the babe has changed.  The last one was definitely gummy bear, hopefully we get a couple good print-outs of a real baby looking baby!!! 

• I knew even thinking about trying to take tomorrow off was a pipe dream, lol.  I just put my plan in place for all Fridays off through Sept., today.  So it was short notice for myself to try and implement that for tomorrow, lol.  But I'll do better for the next 5 Fridays!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:
    Btw any thoughts on Matrix 4 that's in the works?

Well, with the ending of the 3rd one, it'd be pretty easy to "rise from the dead" Neo and he can get Trinity back.

IDK, I love what the sisters created with Matrix and it feels a little bit like going back to the well because nothing has been quite as popular as that first Matrix.  Neither of the sequels were as good, storywise, and I feel like there hasn't been a steady hand in their writing/directing since then.  I may adore Sense8, but it did suffer from some pacing issues and a helluva complex story that they couldn't seem to tell very well without murking it up.  I would just be really sad if Matrix's storyline continued downhill.
    No I totally get what you're saying. Maybe it'll be called "Matrix Resurrection" ? I'm kinda curious what they'll do with current state of life and if that will be included?

Sense8 .... urg LOVE but some parts were just so .... choppy?