Wedding Invitations & Paper

Parents Albums

My husband and I would like to get photo books for our parents. We are ordering our wedding album through our photographer which will be over $400 which is only for our album. If we want mini albums for our parents, but they start at $150 a piece. We don't really want to spend $150 per album so we are thinking about buying a photo book from somewhere else. I have seen a lot of different options including Shutterfly, mpix, Adoramapix, Blackriver Imaging, and Mixbook. We want good quality books, but we don't want to spend a fortune on them. What is our best option? Please no mean comments. Thanks! 

Re: Parents Albums

• Why would you think you would get mean comments! I have used Shutterfly multiple times for photo books. They usually run 40% of codes every few months. They are good quality and fairly easy to do. We also just had family pictures taken by a professional photographer. We bought a portrait from her but she suggested mpix for prints if we wanted to do them on our own. Their prints were good but a little bit more expensive than Shutterfly, so I would assume their albums would be too. Since we didn't do an album, I don't know about how easy their platform is to use. Good luck and I think that is a very nice gift for parents.
  • My husband and I would like to get photo books for our parents. We are ordering our wedding album through our photographer which will be over $400 which is only for our album. If we want mini albums for our parents, but they start at $150 a piece. We don't really want to spend $150 per album so we are thinking about buying a photo book from somewhere else. I have seen a lot of different options including Shutterfly, mpix, Adoramapix, Blackriver Imaging, and Mixbook. We want good quality books, but we don't want to spend a fortune on them. What is our best option? Please no mean comments. Thanks! 
    LOL  I would love to know how all the decisions we helped you with turned out!
    Congratulations on your recent marriage. 

FYI....as a MOB and MOG, I loved receiving a photo book from the weddings.  I can tell you that I did not want my kids to spend a lot of money on gifts to us.  We have used Shutterfly with great success. 
  • MobKaz said:
    My husband and I would like to get photo books for our parents. We are ordering our wedding album through our photographer which will be over $400 which is only for our album. If we want mini albums for our parents, but they start at $150 a piece. We don't really want to spend $150 per album so we are thinking about buying a photo book from somewhere else. I have seen a lot of different options including Shutterfly, mpix, Adoramapix, Blackriver Imaging, and Mixbook. We want good quality books, but we don't want to spend a fortune on them. What is our best option? Please no mean comments. Thanks! 
    LOL  I would love to know how all the decisions we helped you with turned out!
    Congratulations on your recent marriage. 

FYI....as a MOB and MOG, I loved receiving a photo book from the weddings.  I can tell you that I did not want my kids to spend a lot of money on gifts to us.  We have used Shutterfly with great success. 
    Thanks! I was concerned about the quality of Shutterfly especially since I have never used it. Most things went according to plan. There were small mishaps, but we married either way. 
  • Why would you think you would get mean comments! I have used Shutterfly multiple times for photo books. They usually run 40% of codes every few months. They are good quality and fairly easy to do. We also just had family pictures taken by a professional photographer. We bought a portrait from her but she suggested mpix for prints if we wanted to do them on our own. Their prints were good but a little bit more expensive than Shutterfly, so I would assume their albums would be too. Since we didn't do an album, I don't know about how easy their platform is to use. Good luck and I think that is a very nice gift for parents.
    Thanks! Quality was my main concern with Shutterfly, but I know neither of our parents would want us to spend hundreds of dollars on them. My photographer also suggested mpix as well if we didn't want to go through her. I will definitely take a look at both. 
  • We did shutterfly for our parent albums. The quality is fine, but it didn't have as much flexibility in designing the pages as some of the more expensive options. It's been a minute, though, so that may have improved with time. 
  • We did shutterfly for our parent albums. The quality is fine, but it didn't have as much flexibility in designing the pages as some of the more expensive options. It's been a minute, though, so that may have improved with time. 
    Okay thanks! Do you remember how many pages yours included? My friend said her parent albums were 100 pages which seems rather excessive to me. 
  • I don't remember, but not 100 pages. My album isn't even that long! Maybe 25 or 50? 
  • I don't remember, but not 100 pages. My album isn't even that long! Maybe 25 or 50? 
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks :)
  • Late to the game here OP. I have also used shutterfly and I have found them to be great. Also look into Milkbooks. They are much less expensive than traditional album sites, but also provide a level of artistry/elegance you won't necessarily find with shutterfly. 
  • edited September 2019
    My Shutterfly album from my daughter's wedding is beautiful. I selected the photos I wanted, was able to add frames and embellishments, resize, make collages, add captions (names, comments etc...) My daughter liked my album so much that she used it as a starting point for hers. There are always promotions. I paid less than $50 for my album was able to get a copy for my parents for a nominal cost.