Wedding Woes

Wednesday

No Wednesday yet?  I will get it started!

We had DDs well check yesterday and she is doing very well!  No signs of the month early baby we took home from the hospital 2 1/2 years ago!  Afterwards, we went to a local pizza place for dinner.

Once home, H went to mow the lawn and I worked to get the dishwasher started.  I also cut up the giant watermelon we bought from a farm stand on our way home from the shore on Sunday.  It is so good!  It does have the large black seeds in it, which is just odd, since most stores only sell the seedless ones now!  DD then got a bath and bed.

This morning, I sanded a bit more in the half bath, but had to patch a few gouges that I made.  So hopefully after another round of sanding tomorrow, all will be well with the wall and I can start painting!  We will buy the new vanity over the weekend sometime.

Re: Wednesday

• Now this your main bathroom @OliveOilsMom? It will be super nice to have it finished!

Not much here. Work. Running. Sleeping. Have a bunch of plans this weekend so just sort of resting up for that!
  • Just got my haircut over lunch. She styled it which is nice since they usually just round brush dry it and call it a day. She curled it which looks nice but I have 0 talent in doing my hair so it will go back to being flat ironed straight.

Can't figure out if I have a cold or allergies. I'm leaning toward allergies since the allergy meds seem to be helping but it is still super annoying. At least I'm drinking a ton of water to calm my sore throat.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yay for the good well visit @OliveOilsMom feel better soon @kvruns
    Just got in from watching my nieces...including my own kids it was five kids ranging from 2.5-5.  Whew.  Sis and BIL had a last minute childcare crisis and I live 15min away so i was happy to help. 
  • Charlotte - It is our half bath on the first floor.  But it is the only bathroom down there.   We have not had a light fixture up for close to a month now, but we have a night light in there that works good enough!  We have already done both upstairs bathrooms, when the shower and tub, respectively, started leaking into the downstairs.  At least the tub waited until the master bath was updated before it started leaking!

kvruns - Feel better!

S+S - I can't believe its been 2 1/2 years either!  She is growing too fast!
  • S+S if either of you decides you need some glasses, I'm very pleased with what I got from Zenni optical. I only wear glasses at night in bed (wear contacts during the day) so I just get their cheap ones but I'm happy with the quality for what I use them for and way cheaper than the eye doctor.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @short+sassy mmm I love arepas!  Gosh they're a lot less expensive by me but they look delicious.  If you enjoyed them and there are also Salvadoran restaurants nearby, sample a pupusa...arepa's slightly cheesier-but-just-as-delicious cousin.
  • My chin hair is back and I don't have tweezers to take care of it until I get home.  I have 2 stops on the way home.  It's so annoying.

I don't have much else.  My life is kind of boring right now.  :D  I do enjoy that though.
  • ei34 said:
    @short+sassy mmm I love arepas!  Gosh they're a lot less expensive by me but they look delicious.  If you enjoyed them and there are also Salvadoran restaurants nearby, sample a pupusa...arepa's slightly cheesier-but-just-as-delicious cousin.
    Oh!  The $13-$15 isn't just the arepas.  That's the price for sandwiches with all kinds of ingredients to choose from and they use arepas instead of bread.

I had a carniceria one (skirt steak) and my friend had a grilled shrimp one.  It's just one of those places that obviously takes pride in their food.  Everything we had was packed with flavor and seasoned really well.  I'm also a "sauce" person and they had lots of different and interesting sauces to choose from for the sandwiches.

I don't think I've ever been to a Salvadorian restaurant.  But I have had pupusas a few times at other types of Central/South American restaurants.  I haven't had either arepas or pupusas often enough to compare/contrast, other than to say they are similar to each other.  I think that calls for more sampling, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    VarunaTT said:
    My chin hair is back and I don't have tweezers to take care of it until I get home.  I have 2 stops on the way home.  It's so annoying.

I don't have much else.  My life is kind of boring right now.  :D  I do enjoy that though.
    I keep tweezers in my car now. 
  • 6fsn said:
    VarunaTT said:
    My chin hair is back and I don't have tweezers to take care of it until I get home.  I have 2 stops on the way home.  It's so annoying.

I finally put a pair in my purse and another at my work desk.  I can't handle feeling that damn thing all day.  :D
  • VarunaTT said:
    6fsn said:
    VarunaTT said:

I finally put a pair in my purse and another at my work desk.  I can't handle feeling that damn thing all day.  :D
    About a month ago we were hanging out at the marina while Chiquita decided to point out a weird hair growing out of my neck.   Another boat owner came up and told me that she's been there with the public kid embarrassment and that she now keeps them in her car for those occasions that the stray hair is found on the face and she isn't in the privacy of her own bathroom.