Wedding Woes

Friday!!

WHAT’S UP?!?!

My exciting day is cleaning all of the sheets. Then I’m meeting friends at top golf for lunch. Since that probably means a cocktail that’ll be the end of the day.

Saturday I’m taking two kids to the crew game. Sunday might be a trip to a soccer game if things go well. 6let has a tournament and if they make finals I’m going. No clue on Monday.

Re: Friday!!

• So BabyKitten was sick a couple times on Wednesday, so we ended up keeping her home Thursday.
    Since M had a work dinner, I stayed home. Friggen kid could have gone. It's likely teething issues from swallowing drool and her stomach was just done with it.

She was fine and could have gone to daycare yesterday. Guh.
    Oh well ....

Long weekend and we've got plans.
    Tomorrow we're visiting my boss' trailer. We aren't camping like others, just going for a good chunk of the afternoon and dinner.

Sunday we're going to my aunt's for dinner - my mum is there and she just got back last night from her whale watching trip. BabyKitten will be very excited to see her.

Monday we're prob stopping at MIL and sFIL's place for a visit. Idk when, but they wanna see her.
  • Casadena - Awesome!  Have fun!  Look at Smokin' Betty's or El Vez.  There should be a Marathon nearby too.  I've also heard good things about MilkBoy.  They are all close by!  Are you taking the speedline? 

Varuna - I hope the Drunk Dancing is just as cathartic for you as it is your friend.  Enjoy your day with K!

We are getting out at 3 today.  I will also be making a lunch time run to Wegmans for goodies for the weekend.  I have about 100 documents left to do in a review and finish putting in my August billing today, so I don't have to worry about it on Tuesday.

We have no official plans this weekend.  I will start painting the half bath, we will pick up the vanity and see how far we get in painting, we may get to replace the vanity too.  I definitely want to fully paint around the electric box, so we can re-install the light fixture.  That will make the vanity replacement that much easier!

It's also going to be a beautiful weekend, so I hope we can get outdoors and do somethings too!

Happy long weekend WWs!
  • @6fsn Enjoy cocktails ;)

@VarunaTT Deep breath. at least the weekend is here. Are you on the up-swing from the roughness recently?
    Yay day together! :)

@Casadena Good tix! :O We need to start going thru our crap too .... I have a donation bag, and prob another soon :\ 
    How's baby stuff coming? Are you having a shower?
  • I'm working the full day today. Or at least most of it. I'm leaving at 3:30 to go do my TSA pre-check (how haven't I done this before?), but then I'm probably coming back. 

Quiet weekend around here. I'm going to take the puppy to the park some and try to get her more accustomed to the leash. Then a cook out or something with my family and just chilling and catching up on a little work. DH is still gone, so I'm mostly on my own. 
  • I’m getting my hair and nails done today and then I’m cleaning the house and possibly looking for a gift for FI’s birthday. I was going to get him a watch case and then yesterday FSIL mentioned they had gotten him one for his birthday so now it’s back to the drawing board. I also need to get my car washed at some point. Tomorrow I am finally replacing my windshield. It’s had a giant crack for almost two months and I’ve been procrastinating. I also got my first direct deposit from work and it’s so nice. The old company didn’t do direct deposit so I had to go pick up my check every time. And it’s a week earlier than I thought it would be, no complaints there. 

Have fun @casadena

• It’s our last early release of the summer and I am not spending any extra time here to day! 

We have a busy weekend; I’ve got to run a few errands after work today and H has his first draft tonight. I’ve got a run, and a bachelorette party tomorrow, and H has his second draft. Sunday is a party at friends house. Monday is for rest!!
  • @6fsn Enjoy cocktails ;)

@VarunaTT Deep breath. at least the weekend is here. Are you on the up-swing from the roughness recently?

@Casadena Good tix! :O We need to start going thru our crap too .... I have a donation bag, and prob another soon :\ 
    Baby stuff is going great!  My MIL/SIL's are throwing one about 2 months before my due date, so we've been slowly buying a few things here and there (mostly good quality stuff for great prices on Facebook marketplace) and saving everything else for the shower.  H has a huge family so I'm really hoping a few people will pool for the bigger items like stroller/car seat and the crib, that would be so nice! 

Speaking of baby showers - how does everyone feel about inviting out of town people.  I have quite a few friends who would definitely not fly in for a baby shower.  A few are just close friends, a few have invited me to baby/bridal showers over the years even if I wasn't local and I never minded.  But I feel weird essentially soliciting gifts from my friends when i know they can't/won't come.  Thoughts?
  • Casadena - Awesome!  Have fun!  Look at Smokin' Betty's or El Vez.  There should be a Marathon nearby too.  I've also heard good things about MilkBoy.  They are all close by!  Are you taking the speedline? 

Varuna - I hope the Drunk Dancing is just as cathartic for you as it is your friend.  Enjoy your day with K!

We are getting out at 3 today.  I will also be making a lunch time run to Wegmans for goodies for the weekend.  I have about 100 documents left to do in a review and finish putting in my August billing today, so I don't have to worry about it on Tuesday.

We have no official plans this weekend.  I will start painting the half bath, we will pick up the vanity and see how far we get in painting, we may get to replace the vanity too.  I definitely want to fully paint around the electric box, so we can re-install the light fixture.  That will make the vanity replacement that much easier!

It's also going to be a beautiful weekend, so I hope we can get outdoors and do somethings too!

Happy long weekend WWs!
    We're actually in the Chicago burbs, but those restaurants looks great!!!  
  • Casadena said:
    @6fsn Enjoy cocktails ;)

Baby stuff is going great!  My MIL/SIL's are throwing one about 2 months before my due date, so we've been slowly buying a few things here and there (mostly good quality stuff for great prices on Facebook marketplace) and saving everything else for the shower.  H has a huge family so I'm really hoping a few people will pool for the bigger items like stroller/car seat and the crib, that would be so nice! 

Speaking of baby showers - how does everyone feel about inviting out of town people.  I have quite a few friends who would definitely not fly in for a baby shower.  A few are just close friends, a few have invited me to baby/bridal showers over the years even if I wasn't local and I never minded.  But I feel weird essentially soliciting gifts from my friends when i know they can't/won't come.  Thoughts?
    I’ve probably said this many times before on here, but as someone who spent 4 years living away from all our friends & family I was super sad when close friends/family didn’t invite us to things because they thought we wouldn’t/couldn’t travel. 

We would plan trips trips home around when things were happening. When we couldn’t make it I would send a gift. And for the people I was closest to I would have sent something whether or not I was invited. But it did hurt to not be included. I get people were probably trying to be nice, but it definitely didn’t feel that way.  
  • Casadena said:
    @6fsn Enjoy cocktails ;)

I’ve probably said this many times before on here, but as someone who spent 4 years living away from all our friends & family I was super sad when close friends/family didn’t invite us to things because they thought we wouldn’t/couldn’t travel. 

We would plan trips trips home around when things were happening. When we couldn’t make it I would send a gift. And for the people I was closest to I would have sent something whether or not I was invited. But it did hurt to not be included. I get people were probably trying to be nice, but it definitely didn’t feel that way.  
    I agree with Charlotte. I have made the effort to travel to the east coast when it’s for someone I love and it’s a special event. As long as you send the invites without expectations people will definitely come you’re in the clear. 

• Casadena said:
    Casadena - Awesome!  Have fun!  Look at Smokin' Betty's or El Vez.  There should be a Marathon nearby too.  I've also heard good things about MilkBoy.  They are all close by!  Are you taking the speedline? 

Happy long weekend WWs!
    We're actually in the Chicago burbs, but those restaurants looks great!!!  
    I'm sorry!  I confused you with NBSquare - she is the local Knottie!  When you said Hamilton, I assumed it was a Philly show since they just started here!
  • Awesome, thank you guys!  
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    levioosa said:
    Casadena said:
    @6fsn Enjoy cocktails ;)

I agree with Charlotte. I have made the effort to travel to the east coast when it’s for someone I love and it’s a special event. As long as you send the invites without expectations people will definitely come you’re in the clear. 
    Me three!  Send the invites.  You never know, people might want to take the opportunity to come out.  But will appreciate being thought of, either way.

My sister lives a plane flight away from me and I wasn't invited to either her bridal shower or her baby shower.  I know it was just because I live far away, but I was a little hurt.  Then my mom threw a big 90th birthday party for my grandma (in CA).  Invited relatives from Hawaii.  My aunt who lives in OH was invited.  Granted, all of those people are retired.  But still, I wasn't invited because I assume my mom assumed I couldn't come.  I didn't even hear about it until less than two weeks before the party was happening.  Ummm.  I definitely would have gone if I'd been invited.  In fact, I'd actually been looking for an excuse to burn up some vacation time.  But by the time I even heard about it (technically, still not as an invite), it was too short notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Interesting perspectives on the far away invites. I didn't invite anyone who lived far away because I didn't want it to feel like a gift grab (well we did send one to my MIL which of course I knew she wouldn't attend; I was surprised there was no gift sent). It does make sense on wanting those folks to feel included even though they are far and let them make the decision. 
  • @Casadena Definitely invite people. It's the same idea as a wedding, where if they can't attend they'll let you know :)
    Idk if anyone else in your group has kids, but I did state on the invite that if people wanted to bring good hand-me-downs, that was good also. Baby stuff is expensive, and sometimes it's cheaper/easier for people. Add in the fact people will go through their stuff and give you a TON if they know you'll take ;)
  • Lots of fun sounding long weekend plans!  I took yesterday afternoon off, though it wasn't much fun.  My H and I had an eye doctor appointment.  I'm going back to contacts after a long hiatus!  They gave me a freebie pair for now and my contacts and my H's glasses should come in, in about a week.

Great news on the eyes!  Because of my Type I diabetes, I'm supposed to get an annual special eye exam.  I've been really neglectful of this (eek).  But I didn't realize America's Best offers those kind of exams also.  So I was glad to knock that out, while I was there.  Even more excited that, despite having diabetes for 25 years, my retinas were in perfect condition (phew).  However, my eyes have to be dilated for the exam.  And wow, that MESSED me up for the entire rest of the day and night!  My eyes were felt so heavy and I went home and took a 4-hour nap, even though I hadn't felt tired at all before the exam, lol.  I also couldn't read finer details, like words on my computer or in books, for the rest of the day and most of the night. 

I took a vacation day today to turn it into a 4-day weekend.  Oh yeah!  It is SO awesome.  Because, exactly!  I'm drinking mimosas on a weekday, lol.  In fact, since I missed Prudie yesterday, I'm about to go dive into the letters.  Because how often do I get to do that appropriately armed with wine and popcorn, lol.

I'm taking today totally off.  But we are at "painting time" for one of the units at our new duplexes.  Yep.  Every single wall (sigh).  That is one of the few DIY things I can do.  So I'll definitely be using some of my extra time off to help knock that out.  I also want to get some deeper cleaning and organizing done around my own house.  Aannndd I'll need to go to the bank tomorrow and get some grocery shopping done.  Hmmm, I've just become a little less excited about my extra days off, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad the eye dilation is behind you @short+sassy enjoy Hamilton and agree with PP on going ahead and inviting OOT guests to your baby shower @Casadena
    Enjoy your fun, long weekends everyone!

A little out of season but we're taking the kids ice skating tomorrow...they've been asking lol.  BBQ at my sister's on Sunday...I'm on guacamole, one of my salsa's, baked beans, and dessert duty.  Intentionally nothing on Monday to prepare for Back to School next week for kids and me.