Wedding Woes

Tuesday - but feels like Monday

How was everyone's long weekend? I'll be confused all week on what day it is

Re: Tuesday - but feels like Monday

• The weekend started out good. Got to leave work early Friday. Saturday we went to a vineyard. 

And then Saturday night I found out my ex died. He's the one I dated right before my H. We were together for 5 years. I ended it with him. The breakup was awful, but in the years after we'd become friends again. He'd even hung out with me and my H. 

I don't really know what happened as he seems to have just not woken up. The services are Friday, and I'm already dreading it. 

I barely slept last night and I'm a zombie today. 
  • I’m Sorry for your loss @climbingwife. You all have had a really tough summer. 
  • Weekend was good, but I’m exhausted! 

We got out early Friday so met some co-workers for happy hour then headed home. H had his fantasy draft so I just relaxed with the dog. 

Saturday was a bachelorette, Sunday was two different parties, and Monday H did more work on the floors. I need a nap just to recover from the long weekend. 

plus I didn’t  sleep well last night so I’m just ready to head home!
  • I'm so sorry @climbingwife.    Sudden loss feels so surreal.
  • sorry for your loss @climbingwife
  • So sorry for your loss climingwife.

Weekend here was pretty chill. DH is still out of town, so I was mostly solo. I spent a little time with my family and hung out with an old friend, plus did a lot of puppy walks. I had hoped to get some things done around the house, but it's pretty much impossible with the puppy constantly underfoot. I'm so ready for DH to get back home so that we can get back to normal. My world feels like it's been upside down since July. 
  • OMG @climbingwife.  I'm so sorry.  

Weekend was OK.  It was chilly most the weekend and overcast.  We still made the best of it.  DH's friend left behind a badass air mattress when he stayed with us last year.  I was impressed at how well we slept on it.  

We found out yesterday that the 2 year old daughter of a childhood friend of DH's family died in a drowning accident.  It's awful and tragic.  I've never seen the look on DH's face before that gave me when he told me.  DH and I talked about reaching out to him in the near future (the info isn't 'public' yet, DH was informed via another family member).  They don't live locally, but we want to do something for them. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss @climbingwife
  • Weekend here was low key. Baby B was sent home a little early from daycare bc of a stomach bug. I think the worst of it happened at daycare but then had bad rash all weekend long. Then he has been coughing a ton (I think he caught my cold) so that was rough yesterday so we did lots of snuggling.

We did go to the park and my favorite thing is when he goes up the stairs to go to a slide he leans through the railing and asks me for a kiss. Then goes up the next step asks for another kiss, rinse repeat. It is the most adorable thing ever. I wish I could get a picture of it. 
  • Thanks all. Sorry to be such a downer on a fake Monday :-( 
  • So sorry for your loss @climbingwife
    @mrsconn23 so sorry to hear that too.  I cant even imagine.

i spent all last week and weekend recouping.  I was keeping up but every time I went to post I fell asleep. But im alert and wfh today and tomorrow at least.  I did watch a 90DF marathon Sunday so got to post on that.  If anyone asks if a mommy makeover is worth it, you’ll have to ask me a month from now. I am NOT used to being this dependent and it sucks. 

• @climbingwife I'm so sorry to hear :( I've been there - an ex passing - and it's a weird feeling, even though he and I weren't close anymore.

@sparklepants41 I love/hate when kids fall asleep in the car. We can rarely transfer BabyKitten to the crib

Weekend was good but busy.

Friday - after work I went to visit my mum. She'd been on holidays so I wanted to hear/see things.
    M met me there because with buses, I would have been home after him. When he walked in with BabyKitten, she half launched herself at my mum lmfao! We were not expecting that so between M and my mum, they had to scramble to move closer lol
    We planned on doing groceries, but didn't have time. We ended up just picking up a few things.

Saturday - we planned on doing groceries but BabyKitten needed a nap and apparently we were all tired, because we all slept in.
    Went to my boss' campground for the afternoon/evening. Once again, I had to basically pull BabyKitten out of the water because she was cold lmao
    It wasn't super warm out but the water in the sun was good. It was around 5pm, so I ended up just putting her in pants. She loved all the attention and was definitely showing off lol
    She didn't stay asleep when we got home, but was down not long later.

Sunday - did groceries finally. We were going to my aunt's place so we had stuff to pick up.
    Managed to transfer BabyKitten to her bed after groceries. I ended up passing out for a bit too ....
    My aunt's was good. Everyone wants to play with BabyKitten so it gives us a break to chat with people lol

Monday - we planned on seeing MIL and sFIL at some point, but they were visiting people for the morning - so we went to the museum.
    I swear, if there wasn't interactive things for BabyKitten every so often then it would have been disastrous. We got to check out the Da Vinci exhibit and then she got to play with aquatic shapes. Then we headed straight for the kids zone. She loved it. Texture, tactile, sounds, moving things .... we only saw the front part because she was OBSESSED with this rug part. She kept rubbing her hands all over it lmao We'd try to get her to different spots, but she'd head right back to the rug lol
    She started to crash. As soon as I picked her up, she lay her head on me. So we headed for lunch and then home. She slept in the car, and maybe a bit when we got home, but we mostly left her in her crib because she was quiet and chattering to herself. It was a relatively stimulating place, so we figured it would be good for her to be in a spot that isn't stimulating. As long as she isn't scream, idgaf.
    MIL and sFIL came over last night for a bit.

Since my bday is this coming Saturday, I think M may talk to them about watching her for a bit.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    OMG @climbingwife.  I'm so sorry.  

Weekend was OK.  It was chilly most the weekend and overcast.  We still made the best of it.  DH's friend left behind a badass air mattress when he stayed with us last year.  I was impressed at how well we slept on it.  

We found out yesterday that the 2 year old daughter of a childhood friend of DH's family died in a drowning accident.  It's awful and tragic.  I've never seen the look on DH's face before that gave me when he told me.  DH and I talked about reaching out to him in the near future (the info isn't 'public' yet, DH was informed via another family member).  They don't live locally, but we want to do something for them. 
    Oh my god. That is awful! 
  • Sorry to hear about the family friend @mrsconn23 that's awful
  • I’m so sorry @climbingwife

That’s horrific @mrsconn23. I’m so sorry. 

I hope recovery goes well @CharmedPam

Our weekend was pretty good. We did our staycation and brunch at the nice hotel nearby with FSIL and her FI and had a lot of fun. Yesterday we recouped and went to get margaritas for the $5 Cadillac special that was happening for Labor Day. Then we watched a movie and went to bed early. Unfortunately FI woke up at 3 am because he was stressed, which meant I woke up at 3 am, and I couldn’t fall back asleep until five. Because we have company over I couldn’t even be productive during that time and clean up the house/unpack. But it’s fine. It’s FI’s bday today so I’m not sure what dinner plans are yet but I do want it to be special. 

• @climbingwife, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!  Especially with it being so unexpected.  You all have had way too much of that this year.

@mrsconn23, I'm also sorry to hear about your all's friend's loss.  That is especially heartbreaking.

@CharmedPam, I hope your healing is going well and you feel better soon!

I think the only thing worse than Mon., is the Tues. after a holiday weekend!  I did a lot of relaxing (too much!) and now it is back to the grind.  I had to dig myself out of e-mails this morning and have a lot to catch up on.  I felt pretty good when I got up this morning.  But that was short-lived and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open now.

I might go to the bank at lunch and get gas.  Traffic was light this morning, which bodes well to make it there with less fuss than usual.  It would be nice to get this errand done today instead of waiting until Fri.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry. That is devastating. 
    @CharmedPam I hope you have a smooth recovery!!
  • Climbing - I'm so sorry for your loss again.  This has just been too much for you all this summer.

MrsConn - That is so sad and upsetting for such a young life to be done.  Prayers for the family.

Charmed - Continued healing vibes for you!

Our weekend was good.  Friday H found out that BIL/SIL expect H to call and apologize over the incident that happened a few weeks ago.  This was after MIL told H that SIL was going to call and apologize to us (which didn't happen).  So that is where that all stands because H will never apologize for standing up for MIL in this instance.  DD was also in a mood and a half on Friday.  She was actively mean to H by saying she didn't want him pushing the grocery cart - only me.  I figured out that its probably the cranks from her flu shot on Tuesday.  So gave ibuprofen at bed and throughout Saturday.  

DD was still in the same mood Saturday, but the ibuprofen helped a ton.  We got out early to run errands.  I scored a water table on fb marketplace for $5!  H couldn't believe they usually cost $40-50.  We also went to Lowes and got our bathroom vanity and all the odds/ends for that.  When we got home, I put on the 3rd coat of paint where the light fixture goes.  In the afternoon, we put the light fixture up and we have light again!  We also went to church.

Sunday - I taped up the bathroom and got the first coat of paint up.  I also handwashed the dishes since the dishwasher isn't working properly and they didn't really get cleaned.  I then slept so well that night!  Monday - we had MIL and her BF over for breakfast.  So before they came over I cleaned the bathrooms.  I was going to do the 2 coats of paint for the bathroom, but H could tell I was still beat from the day before.  So we had family nap time instead!  I slept another 2 hours!

This morning, I did get the 2nd coat of paint up in the bathroom.  And since today is Hs crazy day at work since its the first day back for teachers (none see students today - they are at his office for an in-service), I will pick up DD.  I also will be baking some cakes tonight too.
  • It was a decent weekend.  I had already told y'all I was in a terrible headspace.  Went home on Friday.  K and I very nearly had a full out quarrel, but we managed to be able to thwart it and discuss the issue at hand and figure it out, so that felt really good.  (TL;DR version:  The only time we have together is Saturday night sometime after 7 pm, until Sunday at noon, including sleep.  The rest of the time, between our schedules, we get ready together in the morning and I'll see them sometime after 9pm every night but Saturday.  I was not feeling our relationship prioritized in the little time we had together).

I did next to nothing the rest of the weekend, but watch Carnival Row (excellent) and Dark Crystal (still working on it) and some other stuffs (On Becoming a God in Central Florida, which is brilliant and you should watch it).  K's boss gave them Monday off, so we spent the day together, which was so lovely and needed.

Other than that, work is SSDD and will be for the foreseeable future.  I know my one boss loves me, so far I've gotten his kid guided into awesome comics and now I'm giving him tabletop gaming suggestions that Boss is excited about too.  :D
  •   DD was also in a mood and a half on Friday.  She was actively mean to H by saying she didn't want him pushing the grocery cart - only me.  I figured out that its probably the cranks from her flu shot on Tuesday.  So gave ibuprofen at bed and throughout Saturday.  

this is all day, errrrrrry day in my house. Part of toddler independence/asserting control/whatever. His favorite is to cry when the parent who didn't pick him up comes out to play after daycare and he will push you back into the house saying you can't come play. My H gets offended/mad, I just laugh it off and stay anyway. Or he will ask to watch TV but has to decide which person is allowed to turn the Tv on, he'll lose his mind if the other person tries to turn it on
  • @climbingwife and @mrsconn23 I am so sorry for the losses - thinking of you both.
  • This weekend was great!  Friday night we had dinner at a super nice place on the riverwalk in CHI and then saw Hamilton.  It was by far the best show I've ever seen - well worth the discounted, but still outrageous, ticket price.  I cried twice (I'm sure pregnancy hormones, contributed, but still...). 

Saturday H and I lounged all morning watching gameday and a little football - then went to a nearby furniture store and found a great deal on a huge fabric ottoman for our family room.  We currently have super baby-unfriendly glass and iron coffee & side tables.  The new ottoman also happens to match a huge painting I got at goodwill last month to hang above the couch.  Love when things work out that way! Then we went to church and hung out for the evening :)

Sunday I vegged on the couch while H was golfing and we just napped and watched tv the rest of the day.  Yesterday I taped and painted the baby room while H did a bunch of yard work and other random stuff around the house.  

Overall a super relaxing but also productive weekend!

• @mrsconn23 Oh I missed your post. I'm sorry to hear :(
  • kvruns said:
      DD was also in a mood and a half on Friday.  She was actively mean to H by saying she didn't want him pushing the grocery cart - only me.  I figured out that its probably the cranks from her flu shot on Tuesday.  So gave ibuprofen at bed and throughout Saturday.  

this is all day, errrrrrry day in my house. Part of toddler independence/asserting control/whatever. His favorite is to cry when the parent who didn't pick him up comes out to play after daycare and he will push you back into the house saying you can't come play. My H gets offended/mad, I just laugh it off and stay anyway. Or he will ask to watch TV but has to decide which person is allowed to turn the Tv on, he'll lose his mind if the other person tries to turn it on
    Toddlers are savage a.f and do not care.
  • @VarunaTT, I thought of you and K this weekend!  I was watching a CSI:Miami rerun that I'd recorded.  A woman from one of the teams was killed in the locker room, during a roller derby match.  As such, the episode had a lot of roller derby action scenes and discussion about the sport.  With probably some of it wrong.  TV programs aren't generally known for being strong fact checkers, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Such sad new @climbingwife and @mrsconn23, I'm sorry to hear
    Healing vibes @CharmedPam

First day of my school year went well.  I ended up accepting a position at a school closer to home after five years at the high school I'd been at.  This isn't one of the dream positions, more of a shake up- totally different age group, religious school...we'll see how it goes. 
  • kvruns said:
      DD was also in a mood and a half on Friday.  She was actively mean to H by saying she didn't want him pushing the grocery cart - only me.  I figured out that its probably the cranks from her flu shot on Tuesday.  So gave ibuprofen at bed and throughout Saturday.  

The meanness was especially out of character for DD!  Sorry you deal with that so often!  
  • @VarunaTT, I thought of you and K this weekend!  I was watching a CSI:Miami rerun that I'd recorded.  A woman from one of the teams was killed in the locker room, during a roller derby match.  As such, the episode had a lot of roller derby action scenes and discussion about the sport.  With probably some of it wrong.  TV programs aren't generally known for being strong fact checkers, lol.
    I remember this ep!
  • kvruns said:

The meanness was especially out of character for DD!  Sorry you deal with that so often!  
    Might not be the end of it. It's gotten somewhat better, but DD has had a long stage where she's got a definite favorite parent and isn't afraid to talk about it. She's gonna be 4 in a week. (Favorite might be shifting now, or at least balancing out, where she realizes dad IS actually better for some things.) Or "No, I don't want YOU" to grandparents and the like. She doesn't care at all if something's "rude," and only slightly more about "hurting X's feelings." Not concrete enough.