Wedding Woes

Thursday. I think.

Short weeks always get me confused but I’m not complaining! I love that the week is almost over. 

I have felt bad all week. I think it’s allergies but the past two nights I’ve went to sleep at 8:30 and slept all night. Maybe I’m just run down but I’m exhausted again today. Not so good. 

Football starts tonight! It’s also finally starting to cool off here so maybe it’s almost fall. 

Re: Thursday. I think.

• All I’m hearing about is packers vs bears, @charlotte989875.  Football season opening only means one step closer to fall for me.
    it’s a cute idea @banana468, eh just let DH do it and it is what it is?

i’m currently watching Price is Right right now, waiting on H to get here so I can get cleaned up and make my doc appt.  i’m really kicking myself.  The doc is open till 7 and I could have made an after work appt and still work from home today and not use PTO.  But I’m also trying not to abuse it. I may wfh tomorrow too, we’ll see how I feel. 

• @CharmedPam they're done.   The labels arrived and DH bought the wine Tuesday and labeled them last night.    It's all set and the gift is fine.   I think I get salty because BIL gets plans like this in his head and he is...an ideas man.
  • @charlotte989875 Same. Especially because garbage gets delayed a day *headdesk*
    Btw just odd question - you mentioned about TTC soon, did you guys discuss when you're starting? {no need for details, just curious} And when it does happen, are you announcing here early or waiting the 12 weeks? 

@banana468 in theory your BIL has a great idea, just sounds more rough than anything. The photo your H is giving him sounds beautiful. SFIL takes wonderful photos {he's actually a digital influencer! lol} so I can only imagine what your photo looks like :)
    What's Diflucan? Regardless hopefully it helps.

It's been a rough morning and I expect it to continue for a few days at least.
    BabyKitten went to bed fine - fussy, but fine. We chalked it up to being tired, but looking back we should have given advil. Anyways, she woke up about 11pm-ish {maybe later, idk anymore ....} and she was just screaming. I brought her down, had M change her bum while I was gonna get bottle. She sobbed when I put her down, so I gave her a teether so she would settle while he changed her. Got some advil also.
    Back to bed pretty quick and easy. Up again at 330 something. She stunk so it was bum change - she doesn't always wake to poops, but when teething I think it's a matter of they're different and everything is bugging her. Back to bed within 10mins, only to be woken up by SCREAMING at 5am - by now the advil has worn off.
    The alarm goes off at 6:45 so I didn't wanna give her advil and put her back to bed, so we got up and ate.

Now I feel nauseated and tired. Headache coming on due to being tired.
    It's not even noon. I'm done with teething.
  • @MissKittyDanger when Chiquita teethed I hated it.   We had to give her preemptive doses of Advil at bedtime because she would scream.   It was awful.

Also, Diflucan is a one-does prescription to treat yeast.
  • @banana468 I'm always paranoid about giving it to her when she doesn't need it - especially lately because she's been fluctuating on needing it. We both kind of agreed that we're gonna start making more decisions on her needing it before bed based on the day/evening. Anything that shows a red flag, we'll basically try to assess with a few more things before deciding. {ie; is she super fussy? Try more food, and/or teether. If seems to be chomping more - advil}
    Molars can fuck right off.
    Yikes, yeast is never good :( Glad it's an easy fix at least!

@OliveOilsMom Biofreeze is a damn magical thing! They also have a spray that was suggested for migraines. Spray where the tension feels, and massage into scalp.
    Yay hubby lunch :)
  • I'm back home working.  Of course, it actually was an outage vs. my equipment.  It came back up around 6 last night.  I hate cable companies.  They all suck.  It doesn't matter which one.  At least I don't have to have someone come out and I'm not in the office. DH is still leaving work early today.  ;) 

Our friends posted on FB about the loss of their daughter.  It was just as terrible to see it as when we first heard it.  DH texted with his friend and had me read the text exchange because he couldn't even get the words out.  If they don't say anything about donations,  I think we may buy a star registry in their daughter's name to send to them.  We still may do it, even if we make a donation as well. 

Tonight I get some downtime while DH takes DefConn to scouts.  I have stuff to get done around the house, but I'm so excited for the uninterrupted TV time.  I have a frillion things on my list to watch. 

I'm ready for the weekend, but I'm not even sure what exactly we have going on.  I may work a little bit and we want to build a loft for our minibarn. 
  • My heart goes out to your friends @mrsconn23.   
  • What a heartbreaking situation @mrsconn23

I picked up a shift at work today and tomorrow. Other than that not too much is happening. I meal prepped and cleaned out the fridge yesterday and it feels so nice to have a clean and empty(ish) fridge now. We have a bad habit of cluttering it up. We’re trying not to drink at all until Oktoberfest so I moved all of our drinks to the garage so we could avoid temptation. And I’m trying to do low carb until then too. We’ve been eating so unhealthy lately and I just feel crappy. My ankle is finally better so I’ve been jumping on the stair master again and getting back into a workout routine. I’m ready to be healthy 

• @mrsconn23 I can't imagine seeing something like that, let alone going through it.
    Yay for uninterrupted tv time at least ;)
  • I decided to give up on trying to take tomorrow off.  Unless miracles happen, lol.  Between both my weekly and monthly reports being due this week, it was just too much to try and handle getting it all done today.  But, for sure, all the rest of the Fridays this month.

I did speak to HR and don't have as much vacation time banked as I thought.  Pooh!  But I still have 30 hours to use this month or it will be paid out to me.  So I'll be able to take the rest of my Fridays and throw in a few random weekdays.

My life has been so crazy lately that I've been a bit neglectful of my bookkeeping.  Which turned into a happy surprise this morning.  As some of you may remember, I have a p/t job (though usually my H does it) taking pics of hotel event boards.  They pay me via direct deposit (dd) twice a month.  I checked my personal checking account this morning because I was expecting a dd from them.  Well, lo and behold, I had apparently forgotten to enter my previous dd into my Excel file!  It was almost like found money, lol.  I was like, "Wait, what?  I didn't already use that?"  Woo hoo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 Same. Especially because garbage gets delayed a day *headdesk*
    Btw just odd question - you mentioned about TTC soon, did you guys discuss when you're starting? {no need for details, just curious} And when it does happen, are you announcing here early or waiting the 12 weeks? 

We’re trying now! (Well not this second because I’m at work, but you know what I mean. 😉)

I went off BC bc last week so we’ll see what happens! I’ve tracked my cycles for years even on BC but I’ve been on the pill for roughly 12 years. My doctor says there shouldn’t be any delay but who knows. H is really excited. 

When did you all announce to people? I have a strong feeling against doing anything widely on my social media but I’d let you all in on the good news if/when it happens. 
    Ooh! Exciting :) Definitely helps if you've been able to track while on b.c. I was on low hormone so my dr didn't expect long either.

I used the photo of the test to show immediate family and to those before the 12 week mark.
    Grandparents {our grandparents} we waited until we had the first ultrasound {dating at 7-ish weeks}

Social media was just before 12 weeks {ie; photo taken a few days before 'officially' 12 weeks} We just did a photo. I'll link my instagram so you can see.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcGiP1ZgFsw/

Depends on how active on social media you are tbh
  • Charlotte - After H, my BFF knew the same day.  We told parents pretty quickly after about a week.  Siblings also knew pretty quickly, but a few weeks after parents.  I also told close friends around the same time as siblings.  For DD I waited until almost 3rd trimester for SM, since we had an early loss the first pregnancy.  But all of the important people in my life knew at the start of the 2nd trimester, I just wasn't blasting it on SM.  I told work at the start of the 2nd trimester too.
  • Casadena said:
    @charlotte989875 Same. Especially because garbage gets delayed a day *headdesk*

We’re trying now! (Well not this second because I’m at work, but you know what I mean. 😉)

I went off BC bc last week so we’ll see what happens! I’ve tracked my cycles for years even on BC but I’ve been on the pill for roughly 12 years. My doctor says there shouldn’t be any delay but who knows. H is really excited. 

When did you all announce to people? I have a strong feeling against doing anything widely on my social media but I’d let you all in on the good news if/when it happens. 
    Ooh! Exciting :) Definitely helps if you've been able to track while on b.c. I was on low hormone so my dr didn't expect long either.

I used the photo of the test to show immediate family and to those before the 12 week mark.
    Grandparents {our grandparents} we waited until we had the first ultrasound {dating at 7-ish weeks}

Social media was just before 12 weeks {ie; photo taken a few days before 'officially' 12 weeks} We just did a photo. I'll link my instagram so you can see.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcGiP1ZgFsw/

Depends on how active on social media you are tbh
    We didn't announce anything on social media - neither of us are that active.  I'll probably do an insta/fb post when the babe is here. 

We told my immediate family at 7 weeks because we happened to see everyone for Mother's day.  We told H's immediate family around 10, just because he didn't want to do it over the phone and we saw them all at that time. 

MIL then started annoying us constantly about telling the whole family (cousins, aunts, etc) because she wanted to talk about it.  We were fine with her just telling people, but she wanted us to send a huge family text or email and make sure to include her on it (p.s. no way). 

H ended up sending texts to his aunts and uncles individually around 14 weeks when we were sending messages and calling friends.  This was about the time I shared on here as well. 

Have fun trying!!!! ;)
    To be noted I told my mum basically within a day of getting positive test - because I cannot keep a secret - MIL, SFIL, BIL and soon to be SIL because we were spending the weekend together at a wedding coming up and knew someone would question some choice lol

I told work early because I was too excited. It turned out to be a good idea because at 5 weeks, I got awful morning sickness and had to take a couple days off.
  • I'm a big fan of keeping things personal and professional.   For Chiquita I told closest friends immediately (the day of my 30th birthday party I got a BFP when I POS and the jig was up when  I wasn't boozing).   I told my mom a few days later and then we told MIL 4 weeks later on Mother's Day.   Then the cat just gradually came out of the bag because spring clothing and pregnancy on my body made it impossible to camouflage.     For Chiquito we told immediately family pretty much immediately (we found out right before Christmas).  For both we told social media at the same time I was out out to all at the office.

If I was expecting now I'd probably keep it off social media until I was comfortable telling my employer but I'd tell those in my life quickly.   I've always been of the believe that once you are pregnant there is a person growing in you and the experience of our niece this year only makes me hold that closer.    She was loved for all of her life which wasn't just measured in minutes.   And if something sadly did happen there is a support system with those who are aware rather than those who never knew.  
  • banana468 said:
    I'm a big fan of keeping things personal and professional.   For Chiquita I told closest friends immediately (the day of my 30th birthday party I got a BFP when I POS and the jig was up when  I wasn't boozing).   I told my mom a few days later and then we told MIL 4 weeks later on Mother's Day.   Then the cat just gradually came out of the bag because spring clothing and pregnancy on my body made it impossible to camouflage.     For Chiquito we told immediately family pretty much immediately (we found out right before Christmas).  For both we told social media at the same time I was out out to all at the office.

If I was expecting now I'd probably keep it off social media until I was comfortable telling my employer but I'd tell those in my life quickly.   I've always been of the believe that once you are pregnant there is a person growing in you and the experience of our niece this year only makes me hold that closer.    She was loved for all of her life which wasn't just measured in minutes.   And if something sadly did happen there is a support system with those who are aware rather than those who never knew.  
    You make an excellent point.

Tbh if I have another, I probably won't document as much as the BabyKitten - mainly because I probably wouldn't have the time lol
  • @cupcait927 Cats aren't that willing, but aww :)
    We did gender reveal cake for immediate family - we already knew - but other than SFIL posting, idk if I even posted it lol
  • I finally threw up my hands in surrender at work.  I try to be really accommodating.  Just push through and do whatever is asked of me.

But one of the engineers I do a lot of work for just had two more emergency packages he wants done.  Which is on top of the two he gave me yesterday.  Which is on top of the 10ish he gave me last week that I've been slogging through.

I e-mailed back there was just no way I could get to these new two until Monday, unless he wanted me to go to the Big Boss and request a couple hours of OT for tomorrow.  Sorrynotsorry.  There is only so much I can do and I'm already at my limits.  (I didn't write those last two sentences, lol)

To be fair, he's great to work with and I know he understands.  I didn't want to make it sound like he's unreasonable.  But, at the same time, he's under a lot of pressure also so that sense of urgency gets passed down to me also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Continued vibes to your friends @mrsconn23
    My mom was so in my business that she knew when my period was due/when I'd be testing ...she was texting me "well??" at 5 am before I could send her the positive...I know how weird that sounds to everyone, I actually appreciated it   :D told my sibling's within the first month, extended family at Thanksgiving  (I was 13 wks) and H's family around Christmas...he wanted to tell them in person, and we don't see them often. I didn't do a social media pregnancy announcement either time but did do birth announcements.

Whirlwind kind of day...still settling into the school  year routine.  Sort of feel like I made a mistake taking this new job but I know I have to give it time.  My aunt remains hospitalized, I feel sad thinking about her there, and in the place she's in.

• A coworker is newly pregnant.  Apparently she had told some members of our senior leadership team and at our quarterly town hall we always have open time to mention any good things going on etc. The CEO specifically called her out and was asking if she had anything to share and kept prodding til she did.  She was like 8 or 10 weeks and had not planned to share with the company like that so early. I was so pissed for her. 
  • Re: telling people. 

I told my bff's and also, my two closest work friends at the time, whom I had been there through their pregnancies with them (2 each) once I got a + test.  I told my IL's and my parents face to face before 12 weeks, but after the 1st u/s (to confirm).  Everyone else was told at close to 12 weeks or after. 
  • kvruns said:
    A coworker is newly pregnant.  Apparently she had told some members of our senior leadership team and at our quarterly town hall we always have open time to mention any good things going on etc. The CEO specifically called her out and was asking if she had anything to share and kept prodding til she did.  She was like 8 or 10 weeks and had not planned to share with the company like that so early. I was so pissed for her. 
    WTF!?!?
    Is there any way she could tell HR or someone because that is so not ok!
  • Thanks everyone this is all SUPER helpful! I know it’s way putting the cart before the horse but it’s really good to hear about what other people did! 

Any other advice/suggestions are always welcome!!
  • kvruns said:
    A coworker is newly pregnant.  Apparently she had told some members of our senior leadership team and at our quarterly town hall we always have open time to mention any good things going on etc. The CEO specifically called her out and was asking if she had anything to share and kept prodding til she did.  She was like 8 or 10 weeks and had not planned to share with the company like that so early. I was so pissed for her. 
    What?!  

That's a great way to ensure no one tells that CEO anything ever.