Wedding Woes

A question for your Tuesday.

Do you butter your toast if you're not putting any other topping on it or eating it with eggs?  I need to know if I'm married to a monster or not.  ;)

DH's cousin and her FI stayed at our house last night, so we were up late.  My neck is still stiff too.  DefConn had a major attitude this morning, to the point where he gave us the silent treatment.  I made sure to yell really loud, "I LOVE YOU! HAVE A GREAT DAY!" as he stomped on the bus and barely looked at the driver.  She just started laughing.  

Oh and we bought a boat yesterday.  DH's cousin was selling his and so we decided to go in on it with FIL.   DH is talking about going to get it on Friday (it's in IL).  

And it's Tuesday.  Blerg. At least tomorrow is my day off.  :D 

Re: A question for your Tuesday.

• Absolutely you have to butter it.  But I haven’t had toast in so long... what’s it like?  Describe it in detail please. Awesome on the boat @mrsconn23!  You’re going to have a fun summer of 2020!

Someone is giving me a cold!!! My nose is running. Dammit.  To early in the season for this!!! I’m going to have to take all my preventatives today. I have emergen-c at my desk but I hate the added sugar.

i see a lot more 90 day finance talk.  I’m hoping to catch up on Sunday’s episode tonight so I can open it!!

• Absolutely butter.  Dry toast sounds terrible.  Also, we almost never buy a loaf of bread b/c with just 2 people we usually can't get through the entire thing before it molds.  We bought a loaf last month and ate ourselves sick on toast.  Also, still didn't finish loaf and it did mold (at least it was only like 5 pieces of bread).

Saw Good Boys last night.  It was funny and cute and didn't overly rely on hormone jokes, though it did overly rely on the humor in 6th graders cursing.  Saw Hustlers and...it's alright.  I'm not sure it deserves all the praise it seems to be getting.  I wanted more from it.  I read the OG article and I really think the movie could've been written better.  Whoever did JLo's makeup deserves an Oscar, b/c it was really perfect for the character.  I don't really think JLo deserves an Oscar nod for it.  Going to see Ad Astra on Thursday and Goldfinch this weekend.  I really want to see Goldfinch tonight, but it's 2.5 hours, plus the 20" of previews, and starts at 7:10.  I'm too old for that ish.

Overall, doing okay.  Work is SSDD, I'm in desperate need of a vacation, and I really just want my office manager to go away.
  • What is toast without butter? Toast is one of my favorite comfort foods. And TBH, I view it as a vehicle for butter. 

Slamming to get this deadline out the door - client presentation Thursday afternoon. 

I'm still not sleeping well. I'm exhausted. 
  • @VarunaTT, there are half loaves you can buy.  FIL usually gets them.  Also if I buy bread at Costco, I freeze a loaf.  

Buns are a problem in our house in the summer, since we grill as much as possible, which means hamburgers and brats at least once or twice a month.   We need to do better about splitting packages into amounts we'll actually use and freeze the rest. 
  • If you aren't going to butter it you need SOMETHING on it.   Jam?  Egg yolk?  Avocado? 

Tuesday brings uncertainty in the soccer schedule.   EEE is in the area and there's now a confirmed case locally.   The state has no plans to spray to kill the mosquitoes in the area and the town wants all outdoor sports practices now to END by 5:30.  Chiquita currently has practice 2 days a week from 5:30 til 6:45.   

I feel like this is not offering any solutions.   So you have no intentions of spraying, you want practices to end early, the school bus situation is less than desirable (my kids don't get off until 4:15 and other parents report kids getting off closer to 5) but now you want them off the field by 5:30 and many of us work?   I'm waiting for the fun to start.   
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    @mrsconn23, Toast and pretty much bread, in general, must always have some kind of topping on it.  Even if it is just butter.  And butter is a perfectly fine topping for toast.  With that said, my H disagrees with me.  He actually doesn't eat toast at all anyway.  But, when we're at a restaurant and there is bread on the table, he never puts butter on it and will just eat it plain.  Though, if there is a good sauce with the appetizer or entrée, then he'll dip into that.

I do need to disclose a personal caveat with all of that.  I don't like bread nearly as much as most people seem to.  I rip half of it off most sandwiches and burgers because there is almost always a WAY too high "bread to stuff" ratio.  Though the other solution...when I make my own sandwiches and burgers...is to just add more stuff ;).

I'm taking tomorrow off also!  Random vacation day.  Just to use some of my excess hours up.  Though I do have to go to my next phase of hearings to reduce the property taxes on my new duplexes.  However, including the driving, it shouldn't take more than one hour.  They have been very specific that each hearing is only 10 minutes long.  I'll also use that as an excuse while I'm out running around, to go to the bank.

I got a postcard from Harrahs last night that they're gifting me a free cruise!  They've never done that before and I'm potentially excited.  But here's the bummer and I find it pretty annoying.  Apparently it's for a specific cruise on a specific date range.  But I won't have ANY of those details until I pick up the certificate almost a month from now!!!  On Oct. 11th.

I even tried calling to find out more details...and that was a 20-minute nightmare of being transferred 4x, just to wind up back where I started...but was told there are a number of different cruises that are being given out depending on a player's tier level.  But they don't have any way to know which one I'm getting.  It's also within the realm of possibility there are going to be some "catches" that will make the cruise a lot less attractive.  For example, I'm assuming it is leaving out of the NOLA port.  But, if it isn't, I probably won't go because they won't cover the flight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Basically, DH made a fried egg and toast this morning for breakfast.  He ate half of it (cut it in half) and offered me the other half.  I didn't want it at the time, so he left it for me.  I came out to warm it and I realized there was no butter.   I find his lack of buttering toast so weird.  I'm also not a HUGE fan of fried eggs, so I just threw it away and ate something else because I just could not.  But the dry toast made me curious about other people's toast habits.   (I will say a strike against Capt. Sandy is that she eats dry toast and I think it has to be super toasted, almost burnt from what I recall from the toast drama last season. :)

Now we have to get divorced because he's clearly got issues we cannot overcome.  ;) 
  • So just.....a dry piece of bread? That sounds so unappetizing. I don’t even remember the last time I had toast. Or really bread in general. I don’t eat buns anymore and I’m not a huge sandwich person to begin with. I lettuce wrap all of my burgers. The low(er) carb life is sad. 

I managed to recaulk both the tub and kitchen sink yesterday. It took a lot longer than anticipated but I did it and it looks pretty good. I have to finish the last bathroom sink today after 1:30 which is when we can start using the kitchen sink again. I’m also going to clean the house and organize some of my more chaotic kitchen drawers. The weather is finally becoming nice. Last night I was tempted to go on a run instead of the gym. I hope it stays that way. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Basically, DH made a fried egg and toast this morning for breakfast.  He ate half of it (cut it in half) and offered me the other half.  I didn't want it at the time, so he left it for me.  I came out to warm it and I realized there was no butter.   I find his lack of buttering toast so weird.  I'm also not a HUGE fan of fried eggs, so I just threw it away and ate something else because I just could not.  But the dry toast made me curious about other people's toast habits.   (I will say a strike against Capt. Sandy is that she eats dry toast and I think it has to be super toasted, almost burnt from what I recall from the toast drama last season. :)

Now we have to get divorced because he's clearly got issues we cannot overcome.  ;) 
    Ah!  Now, for a breakfast sandwich, I don't usually put butter on toast.  But toast by itself, of course it has to have butter.

I also need a layer of butter first, even if I'm also putting jam/jelly on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah maybe you married an alien @mrsconn23?

@short+sassy.  My parents have used the free cruises from them and loved it.  I think Harrah’s uses Norwegian but I may be wrong? Anyway they like it and when I bring up cruises for THEM to come along with us (we love celebrity) they’re all like “naw, we got them for free”. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    @VarunaTT, there are half loaves you can buy.  FIL usually gets them.  Also if I buy bread at Costco, I freeze a loaf.  

Buns are a problem in our house in the summer, since we grill as much as possible, which means hamburgers and brats at least once or twice a month.   We need to do better about splitting packages into amounts we'll actually use and freeze the rest. 
    IDK why and it makes no sense, but I absolutely abhor freezing things for later.  Bread also always dries out and it seems to mold even faster from a frozen loaf. Also, we just have the one on top freezer and it gets so full so fast, it's more of a PITA to freeze than anything.  I will have to see if I can find a half loaf, I've never looked for one.

I do not want to work.  I'm staring at something I should be doing and instead, I'm planning my new movie club event.  :smiley:  It's for me, myself, and I.  I'm going to pick a movie and do a matching dinner.  Every couple of months to start out, small guest list, and just have fun with it. 
  • I always butter my toast. 

I married a maniac that bites ice cream, so. 

There appears to be a virus running around the office so I'm using hand sanitizer like crazy. I'll be so mad if I get sick before we leave! 

There appears to be a virus running around the office so I'm using hand sanitizer like crazy. I'll be so mad if I get sick before we leave! 
    Take elderberry.  I break a capsule into my coffee every day and it dissolves nicely. The gummies work too.  

VarunaTT, some things just don’t freeze well and bread for fresh bread is one.  Bread for toast only is ok.  I froze some zucchini and then on Sunday made a dish with it.  It did NOT go well with my dish and if actually numbed my tongue! So I hate hate hate wasting food and brought it for lunch.  Going to spend it picking out that zucchini. 

• @short+sassy, I rarely eat a full bun when we eat out.  I either don't eat it at all or eat the top or bottom and put the rest aside.  The bread-to-stuff ratio is always wrong.  
  • MrsConn - I put the smallest amount of butter on toast even when one the BRAT diet because I just can't - even when my stomach has been through hell, I need butter!  I could see if the fried egg had a runny yolk, but nothing?  Yes - divorce is in order!

The weather is so beautiful today!  It will be in the 70s the next few days!  I'm hoping we can keep the A/C off permanently!  The house on the work is going great.  They capped off all the windows and started putting up actual siding today!  We did get some bad new that, when they took the gutters down, all the facia board underneath it was rotted, so that needs to be replaced.  We get 30 feet already built into our quote, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.  We should get that cost today.

I'm cleaning my desk up today and just refiled a whole shit load of stuff, so my desk looks so much bigger now!  

H & I are considering going to Comcast for our mobile phones too.  Does anyone else have them?  You supposedly only pay for data, if you have their internet already - which we do.  They use the Verizon Wireless network - which is what we have now too.  We also need new phones and we can get on a low payment plan by switching to them.  Samsung (which we would probably get) also has a $250 rebate per phone.  If we switched, with the new phone charges included, we would still be paying less than we pay to Verizon.  We currently pay $80 per month, with 2 GB shared between us AND that is with my job's 18% discount with Verizon.  Comast is $12 per GB plus the 2 year monthly phone charge @$20 per phone.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Do you butter your toast if you're not putting any other topping on it or eating it with eggs?  I need to know if I'm married to a monster or not.  ;)

DH's cousin and her FI stayed at our house last night, so we were up late.  My neck is still stiff too.  DefConn had a major attitude this morning, to the point where he gave us the silent treatment.  I made sure to yell really loud, "I LOVE YOU! HAVE A GREAT DAY!" as he stomped on the bus and barely looked at the driver.  She just started laughing.  

Oh and we bought a boat yesterday.  DH's cousin was selling his and so we decided to go in on it with FIL.   DH is talking about going to get it on Friday (it's in IL).  

I eat dry toast 🤷🏾‍♀️

Butter makes the bread soggy...ewwww. 
  • I love bread. All the bread. And I can eat it dry, but why limit yourself like that! Either butter or olive oil. 

Not much here. The office is (relatively) quiet today because my manager is at a conference. I’m working to get things done but at a nice pace. 

Not much going on at home either. Just a quiet week, which we rarely have so I’m not trying to jinx it!
  • mrsconn23 said:

I eat dry toast 🤷🏾‍♀️

I'll eat dry toast too. I'll eat it with butter or whatever too, but I just don't need it. And sometimes, yeah, it's too soggy.

I eat dry cereal too. I legitimately do not like it with milk. I'm a monster.
  • mrsconn23 said:

I eat dry toast 🤷🏾‍♀️

I'll eat dry toast too. I'll eat it with butter or whatever too, but I just don't need it. And sometimes, yeah, it's too soggy.

I hate cereal because it gets so soggy! I just don’t eat it ...
  • mrsconn23 said:

I eat dry toast 🤷🏾‍♀️

My brother eats cereal like that too. But he'll drink a big glass of milk with it. 
  • Always the butter! If it has jam or jelly, I still want butter under it. TBH, I don't eat a lot of bread anymore. It has to be really good and worth the calories.

Not much going on today. Still making my way through cleaning up flower beds. Tonight is our dance lesson. We usually go out for dinner afterwards. I told H that I wanted somewhere that I could get a good salad. Thankfully he agreed. I'm trying really hard to stick to this Noom program. 7 pounds down so far. Not very fast rate but headed in the right direction. 

you DONT bite ice cream??
  • kvruns said:
    I always butter my toast. 

Is that a thing? I definitely do not bite my ice cream. 

I just let it melt in my mouth?
  • @CharmedPam, it IS Norwegian.  Thanks for mentioning your parents have liked the Harrahs cruise offers.  That was about the only detail about the cruise itself they included, lol.  I looked it up a little while ago and Norwegian does have cruises that sail out of NOLA.  So hopefully whatever free one they are giving me doesn't sail out of Miami or something lame like that.

I'm a little untrusting because, last year, they gave me a free trip to the new all-inclusive Atlantis resort.  I was super excited until I read the fine print and did the math.  It didn't include airfare, which I did realize right away.  But still, add-in that expense.  It also didn't include the "per day" $50 resort fee.  And "all-inclusive" was so misleading I'm just going to call it a lie, lol.  At least for food and beverage it was the "basic" package only.  Which did NOT include all meals.  I don't think it even included beverages, including non-alcoholic, unless it was with one of the free meals.  Though there were other, better food/bev packages that could be added.  For yet another additional fee, of course.  By the time it was all said and done, this "free" 4-day trip was going to cost my H and I over $1500.  Sure, that's still a good deal if that's where we especially already wanted to go on vacation.  Nope!  Thanks, but no thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I always butter my toast. 

Is that a thing? I definitely do not bite my ice cream. 

I just let it melt in my mouth?
    I'm thinking of like if I take a spoonful, I sometimes bite part of it off instead of eating the whole spoonful.  Or with an ice cream cone I usually lick it but sometimes take a bigger bite. 

I don't actively chew it once it is in my mouth, I just let it m
  • Ice cream is not meant to be bitten! I stand firmly by this. 
  • Now I want ice cream...for, you know, research.  ;) 
  • Ice cream is not meant to be bitten! I stand firmly by this. 
    Who DOES that? It is meant to be spooned or licked.   No.   I'm cold now thinking about it.

Bah - our state has no plans to spray the mosquitos and because the fields are closed at 5:30 my kid's soccer practices are cancelled indefinitely until the first hard frost.   Sooooo she isn't going to practice until sometime in late October. 
  • banana468 said:
    Ice cream is not meant to be bitten! I stand firmly by this. 
    Who DOES that? It is meant to be spooned or licked.   No.   I'm cold now thinking about it.

Bah - our state has no plans to spray the mosquitos and because the fields are closed at 5:30 my kid's soccer practices are cancelled indefinitely until the first hard frost.   Sooooo she isn't going to practice until sometime in late October. 
    My husband eats ice cream with a fork. He's a monster.