Wedding Woes
Options

A question for your Tuesday.

Re: A question for your Tuesday.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    Ice cream is not meant to be bitten! I stand firmly by this. 
    Who DOES that? It is meant to be spooned or licked.   No.   I'm cold now thinking about it.

Bah - our state has no plans to spray the mosquitos and because the fields are closed at 5:30 my kid's soccer practices are cancelled indefinitely until the first hard frost.   Sooooo she isn't going to practice until sometime in late October. 
    My husband eats ice cream with a fork. He's a monster. 
    That IS divorce worthy.   LMAO.  

But seriously, does he down it before it gets too soupy or what?  I can't eat cold stuff that fast or else I will get brain-freeze. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    Who DOES that? It is meant to be spooned or licked.   No.   I'm cold now thinking about it.

Bah - our state has no plans to spray the mosquitos and because the fields are closed at 5:30 my kid's soccer practices are cancelled indefinitely until the first hard frost.   Sooooo she isn't going to practice until sometime in late October. 
    That IS divorce worthy.   LMAO.  

But seriously, does he down it before it gets too soupy or what?  I can't eat cold stuff that fast or else I will get brain-freeze. 
    He doesn't like to wait until it gets soft enough to eat with a spoon, so he uses a fork and scrapes out tiny bites so he can eat it sooner. It's bizarre. Luckily that's only at home - out in public he uses a spoon or licks it like a normal human.
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2019
    banana468 said:

Okay - how did you handle the first time he did it?

• Options
    My husband eats all the breading off of his chicken nuggets before he eats them. He’s a toddler. 
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017 I was horrified and confused because who uses a fork to eat ice cream? I'm still mad about it every time I see him do it. 

I don't think I've ever seen a grown adult eat the breading off of chicken nuggets.
  • Options
    @ei34, wow, congrats!  You are the Getting Interviews and Job Offers Queen!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Always the butter! If it has jam or jelly, I still want butter under it. TBH, I don't eat a lot of bread anymore. It has to be really good and worth the calories.

Not much going on today. Still making my way through cleaning up flower beds. Tonight is our dance lesson. We usually go out for dinner afterwards. I told H that I wanted somewhere that I could get a good salad. Thankfully he agreed. I'm trying really hard to stick to this Noom program. 7 pounds down so far. Not very fast rate but headed in the right direction. 
    I will get the lowest calorie soup at Panera and then order extra baguettes and whipped butter to devour!
    I am ALL about the bread and butter!  I will take that as a treat over just about anything sweet!  My favorite is fresh warm bread and unsalted butter!
    Back in the day when I could get away with it, my favorite toast combo's were either PB AND butter, or honey butter.

• Options
    I missed yesterday but answering anyways ;)

You married a monster.
    Only time I EVER have no butter is if my stomach is rough and I'm just doing peanut butter. Even then I'm not a fan.
    Always butter. Always.

Fried egg sandwich I have butter AND ketchup.
  • Options

You married a monster.
    Only time I EVER have no butter is if my stomach is rough and I'm just doing peanut butter. Even then I'm not a fan.
    Always butter. Always.

Ditto to this. My eggs AND hash browns both need ketchup. And if it touches the bacon?  Bonus ketchup. 
    People give me looks on that.

• Options

You married a monster.
    Always butter. Always.

Ditto to this. My eggs AND hash browns both need ketchup. And if it touches the bacon?  Bonus ketchup. 
    People give me looks on that.
    Agreed. Fried egg sandwiches need ketchup, but only if I'm making them at home. 

Kraft mac & cheese also requires ketchup.
  • Options

You married a monster.
    Always butter. Always.

I absolutely HATE breakfast food. The only thing I can tolerate is bacon, home fries, fruit and toast. 

French toast, waffles, eggs. It’s all so gross to me. Too much sweetness! 
  • Options
    I always butter toast no matter what else i'm putting on it.  Always.  
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Y’all are monsters. Biting ice cream? Dry toast? Cereal without milk? Ketchup on eggs? Who are you people? 
    Yes bite ice cream
    No dry toast
    No cereal without milk
    I think it's the Canadian in me, but I prefer maple syrup on eggs.
  • Options
    we need to back the truck up on this ketchup on mac n cheese thing @cupcait927 that is the first I've ever heard of someone doing that
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    we need to back the truck up on this ketchup on mac n cheese thing @cupcait927 that is the first I've ever heard of someone doing that
    I started doing it when I would put cut-up hot dogs in kraft mac & cheese, because obviously hot dogs need ketchup and why stop if they're mixed in with mac? I kept doing it even when it's plain mac & cheese because the combination is pretty tasty. I even got H doing it.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Same. Also, that's gross. 

I'm also team butter the toast (but dry is ok with a topping), don't bite the ice cream, and cereal is only good with milk. DH eats cereal with chocolate milk. I can't decide if he's an alien or just a toddler. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I did this as a kid.  But I haven’t had mac ‘n cheese in so long! 

• Options
    @cupcait927 I put ketchup on mac & cheese! :)
  • Options
    I can't decide if this is triggering my gag reflex or a need for a sweater.   
  • Options
    Yes, toast needs butter.
    Ketchup is gross most of the time (I'll use it sometimes for fries or on a burger or brat). People here are fucking insane with ketchup. We order Popeyes and it comes with ketchup. WHY?! What are people putting ketchup on? Chicken? Biscuits? Coleslaw? Why is there ketchup!?
    Cereal is lame, museli and yogurt for the win.
    Thinking of biting ice cream makes my teeth hurt. But I can see biting a dove bar or something like that.

@MissKittyDanger my SD is Canadian and introduced me to Maple syrup on ice cream. That shit is the best.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise never had it on ice cream, but I have had many a maple flavoured ice cream .... is that similar?
    And yes, in typical canadian fashion, I do put syrup on ham {more common in maritimes apparently - staple factor in my house}
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise never had it on ice cream, but I have had many a maple flavoured ice cream .... is that similar?
    And yes, in typical canadian fashion, I do put syrup on ham {more common in maritimes apparently - staple factor in my house}
    If you wait for your vanilla icecream to get soft and stir it in, it's exactly the same. I also like it on chocolate
  • Options
    If you wait for your vanilla icecream to get soft and stir it in, it's exactly the same. I also like it on chocolate
    Idk if I could wait lmao!
  • Options
    Yes, toast needs butter.
    Ketchup is gross most of the time (I'll use it sometimes for fries or on a burger or brat). People here are fucking insane with ketchup. We order Popeyes and it comes with ketchup. WHY?! What are people putting ketchup on? Chicken? Biscuits? Coleslaw? Why is there ketchup!?
    Thinking of biting ice cream makes my teeth hurt. But I can see biting a dove bar or something like that.

@MissKittyDanger my SD is Canadian and introduced me to Maple syrup on ice cream. That shit is the best.
    Overall, I can't stand ketchup either.  The only things I put it on (sometimes) is hashbrowns and meatloaf (baked on).  Never even with the more typical stuff like fries, hamburgers, or hot dogs.

When I first moved to Louisiana, my b/f (at the time) and I went to Popeyes...because, omg, they're on every street corner in NOLA...and he requested ketchup, when he ordered.  I was puzzled.  Because he hadn't ordered any French fries.

So, while we're waiting for our food, I asked him what the ketchup was for.  He looks at me oddly and says, "For the chicken."

Me, with a huge side-eye:  "You put ketchup on your fried chicken!?!?"

Him:  "Yeah, you don't?"

Me (shudder):  "No!  I've never even heard of that!  It sounds gross."

There I was.  In my mid-20s.  Learning for the first time that there is apparently a whole segment of the population that puts ketchup on fried chicken, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, toast needs butter.

Overall, I can't stand ketchup either.  The only things I put it on (sometimes) is hashbrowns and meatloaf (baked on).  Never even with the more typical stuff like fries, hamburgers, or hot dogs.

When I first moved to Louisiana, my b/f (at the time) and I went to Popeyes...because, omg, they're on every street corner in NOLA...and he requested ketchup, when he ordered.  I was puzzled.  Because he hadn't ordered any French fries.

So, while we're waiting for our food, I asked him what the ketchup was for.  He looks at me oddly and says, "For the chicken."

Me, with a huge side-eye:  "You put ketchup on your fried chicken!?!?"

Him:  "Yeah, you don't?"

Me (shudder):  "No!  I've never even heard of that!  It sounds gross."

There I was.  In my mid-20s.  Learning for the first time that there is apparently a whole segment of the population that puts ketchup on fried chicken, lol.
    Disgusting. 
    I would have broken up with him then. 

Idk if these are a thing in the states or not but Ketchup flavoured Lays exist. That grosses me out too.
  • Options
    @short+sassy I dip chicken fingers in ketchup if there's nothing else available. I can't eat them dry. But ketchup never goes on something like a fried chicken sandwich.

@missJeanLouise Ketchup flavored Lays very recently became available in the states, or at least in my area. They sound absolutely disgusting.

• Options
    @cupcait927 Ketchup chips in general don't all taste the same. They're different brand to brand.