Wedding Woes
Options

Not admitting it's Monday

2»

Re: Not admitting it's Monday

• Options
    Thanks @cupcait927 and @kvruns! We’re trying now and I do have two half’s scheduled for October & November. Both my OB/Gyn and my primary are both runners so they’ve said it’s all good to keep doing it 
    What half's are you running?
    I’m doing the Ellicotville half here (about an hour south of Buffalo) and then the Indianapolis half! A bunch of my running buddies who I did the Ragnar with are all running the full so I’m going to do the first half with them. Since I wasn’t sure if I’d be pregnant or how I’d be feeling I wanted to stick to the half. 
    The one in Ellicottville looks fun! Normally that would be a little too far for me to travel for a half (it's about 2 hours from me), but I could probably convince H to turn it into a long weekend if I'm back in running shape next year and we have someone watch the baby! 
    This is my first time running it but everyone here says it’s a great race! That area is so pretty that time of year and Ellicotville is a really neat town if you’ve never been! 

I really want to do the Wine glass series (that’s out near you right?) and the Seneca falls half because they’re all fall races. Maybe next year! 
    I've always wanted to spend some time in Ellicottville - I've heard it's super pretty in the fall. 

Practically everyone in H's family has done the Wineglass (both half and full) and almost all of my coworkers have as well and they're all pretty meh about it. I guess the course isn't that great and the race itself is kind of over-hyped (or so I've heard). And it's expensive, which is why I haven't done it before. 

Seneca Falls is only like 40 minutes from my house - I had no idea they held a half marathon there! I definitely need to check that out next year. I just checked the prices and it looks pretty cheap for a half marathon, which is always a plus.
  • Options
    Thanks @cupcait927 and @kvruns! We’re trying now and I do have two half’s scheduled for October & November. Both my OB/Gyn and my primary are both runners so they’ve said it’s all good to keep doing it 
    I’m doing the Ellicotville half here (about an hour south of Buffalo) and then the Indianapolis half! A bunch of my running buddies who I did the Ragnar with are all running the full so I’m going to do the first half with them. Since I wasn’t sure if I’d be pregnant or how I’d be feeling I wanted to stick to the half. 
    The one in Ellicottville looks fun! Normally that would be a little too far for me to travel for a half (it's about 2 hours from me), but I could probably convince H to turn it into a long weekend if I'm back in running shape next year and we have someone watch the baby! 
    This is my first time running it but everyone here says it’s a great race! That area is so pretty that time of year and Ellicotville is a really neat town if you’ve never been! 

I really want to do the Wine glass series (that’s out near you right?) and the Seneca falls half because they’re all fall races. Maybe next year! 
    I've always wanted to spend some time in Ellicottville - I've heard it's super pretty in the fall. 

Practically everyone in H's family has done the Wineglass (both half and full) and almost all of my coworkers have as well and they're all pretty meh about it. I guess the course isn't that great and the race itself is kind of over-hyped (or so I've heard). And it's expensive, which is why I haven't done it before. 

Seneca Falls is only like 40 minutes from my house - I had no idea they held a half marathon there! I definitely need to check that out next year. I just checked the prices and it looks pretty cheap for a half marathon, which is always a plus.
    That’s really good to know about the Wine Glass Series! If it was a good course I’d make the drive but really good to know it’s not a must-do race! 

• Options
    Which Indianapolis half? The Indy Half in Oct or the Monumental in Nov?
  • Options
    Wait it must be the Monumental since you said others are running the full. The October race used to be a full and half but is half only now. The Monumental is a really nice race. Flat, easy course although a bit boring for those in the full in the second half of the course. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Wait it must be the Monumental since you said others are running the full. The October race used to be a full and half but is half only now. The Monumental is a really nice race. Flat, easy course although a bit boring for those in the full in the second half of the course. 
    Haha. I'd forgotten about those and thought she was running the Mini! I would cheer y'all on since I am in no way a runner!