Wedding Woes

Farewell September

Is it just me or did this month fly??  Haven't kicked off a convo since school started but our schools are closed in observance of Rosh Hashanah  (L'shana tova to anyone who celebrates!)  today and tomorrow.  Weekend was nice- apple picking was a blast and the apple treats that have followed have been yummy.  Although my Mets aren't going to the playoffs we finished with a good record and had a fun extra innings walkoff win yesterday.  I always feel a little sad when baseball season ends but the team is young and hungry, it'll be an optimistic off season at least.

Leaving for the doctor shortly, DD who was home sick can't shake her cough or her on and off fever.  So a laid back day planned here.  Hope everyone's Monday isn't too chaotic! 

Re: Farewell September

• Healing vibes to DD @ei34!

I am still in PA. Today the plan is to go to tea and then relax. It’s been nice however I am not usually around children this much and I’ll enjoy our kid-free lunch today. Of course the one day we’re out and about trying to enjoy a nice walk and lunch it’s raining. Oh well, at least I get to hang out with bff. It’s also not cold at all. I heard Montana got a blizzard this weekend. Has anyone heard from @ShesSoCold?

• It has gone by fast!  And if you're listening October - don’t follow pursuit.  Take it niiiiiice and slow. 

This weekend I had a paranormal investigation which didn’t turn up so hot. It was a theater, and only 5 (of the 12 people who wanted to go!!! But then when I asked for their $50 they suddenly couldn’t go) investigators.  We all took a section of the theatre and sat quiet for like 25 minutes.  I almost fell asleep. Then I took out my phone because I was so bored.  i miss my old ghost hunting buddies when we didnt take things to seriously. They’re no longer in the game.

• I’m exhausted. I struggled out four miles this morning and I could have legit laid down on the treadmill and gone to sleep. 

Work also sucks. I had a big presentation on Friday. It went fine but then my managers boss had a lot to say to me after and it wasn’t great. Not that I did anything wrong but that he wanted it to be an entirely different presentation (even though he saw it before hand and didn’t say anything). So I’m tired and cranky and need a nap. 
  • @ei34 It's good they close to acknowledge the holiday. Idk if we don't have a lot of Jewish community, but many schools don't close to acknowledge it. I know one year I had someone who was Jewish in my class, so we learned a lot about the holidays and the school allowed the student to take days off for holidays {without it counting as a sick day}
    Healing vibes for DD!

@levioosa Yay for bff hangs :)
    Haven't seen her post in awhile. It looks like a lot just gave up on TK after the crash. :\
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2019
    The weekend was OK.  Saturday we sold popcorn in the morning, went to the store, were home to eat lunch/nap/do some housework, ran back out again to let FIL's dog out since he was on a day trip, and had to go back to the store for the stuff we forgot, and then home for dinner and early bedtime. 

We were up at 5:30am yesterday.  We headed south to meet up with BIL/SIL at SIL's dad's house.  He lives on a lake, so DH, FIL, and BIL went water-skiiing.  DefConn just stayed on the boat with them.  I had a good chat with SIL and played with my nephews.  I didn't get to go out on the boat, which annoyed me just because I was dressed to go boating, but they took too long skiing and we had to go to my sister's.  We went to my sister's house for fall bdays (we have 4 bdays between early Sept and mid Oct).  My mom's got some health stuff going on that's worrisome and it's really making her feel like shit.  So we were all pretty subdued with concern for her.  DefConn was extra cranky and not getting along with my oldest nephew.  I was tired and cranky when we got home.

I felt like we didn't get a weekend since we were up early both days.  I hate my alarm so much right now. 

We went to bed early.  I slept well, but am still feeling pretty anxious/out-of-sorts today.  Blerg.   This week is going to be busy outside of work. 
  • Weekend was good.
    Friday we did groceries and just as M was wanting to check out the outdoor sports area, we passed my mum :) BabyKitten was very excited lmao They were looking at xmas ideas, so she took BabyKitten to the toy section to see what she would be into.
    Peppa. Pig. *head desk* It was a little learn-with-me kinda toy, but still .... I guess it could be worse.

Saturday was a lunch for my friend's bday. M was going to a football game later, so MIL watched BabyKitten for about 2hrs until I got home.
    She gave her a bottle in the middle of the day and spoon fed her 2 pouches.
    In theory it's not bad, but we only give her bottles for nap and bed - she wasn't going down for a nap when it was given - and she can hold the pouches so she doesn't need spoon feeding. On top of that, BabyKitten is learning how to feed herself.
    I guess it's kinda our fault .... idk if M told her any of that.

Anyways, BabyKitten and I watched a movie {ish}, I made dinner, she watched Muppet Babies while I cooked and we did some laundry.
    M wasn't out late, so definitely was good.
    Started feeling sinus-y, so I crashed shortly after BabyKitten.

Sundays I sleep in and M gets up with her, so it definitely was good. I couldn't breath for awhile during the night.
    Ended up being a lowkey day. When BabyKitten took a nap, so did we. Otherwise not much happened.
  • We had a nice weekend.  I got out of work at 3 and got home to help pack up and head to the shore.  We were on our way around 4:30 and made great time!  I cooked up dinner and we sat down to eat with my parents.  DD was so happy to see them!  

Saturday we made a trip to a wholesaler food supplier and got some good deals.  We also made a stop at Lowes to check out sinks for the shore's bathroom.  While there, we found some discounted chandelier's and got one to FINALLY replace the ugly chandelier that was in the house when we bought it.  It was originally $150 and we got it for $60!  Score!

Later, we went for pizza at my old boss' place.  And they dropped our pizza just as it was done!  So we had to wait for another one!  DD was getting very restless (we always order her small pizza ASAP), but when our pizza appeared with the ranch for dipping (it's a grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza - I'm not a savage!), she was so happy to dip her pizza crusts in the ranch, she started eating again!  After pizza, we went to the boardwalk for the last few rides of the year.  DD loved it!

Sunday, we left early so DD could attend her cousin's bowling birthday party.  Once she warmed up and had a few sips of Pepsi, she perked right up and had a blast!  She crashed when we got home and it was family nap time!  We then went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
  • I was able to take Fri. off.  Yaasss!  I can thank the "link in the chain" that comes before me for not getting their work out faster, lol.  In fact, we didn't even get anything in from them until late this morning.

I went over to our reno duplexes and painted floor trim.  It's all painted now, at least for that unit.  The flooring itself...we put in all new floors, except in the two baths...was mostly done when I was there Friday.  It looks awesome!  The roofers are there today.  Though I already got a bad phone call that the person who gave me the quote, had quoted me for removing one layer of shingles.  But since there are actually three layers to remove and that adds another $1200 to the cost (eyeroll).  He didn't looked carefully enough but, whatever, I approved the extra charge.

On Sat., we met the guy delivering our dryer to another rental unit.  He pushed out our original appointment from 3:00 to 3:30.  And, luckily, caught me just about 5 minutes before I would have been walking out the door.  But then was 45 minutes late anyway!?1?!  I was so PO'ed about it because he knew perfectly well that I do NOT live at that house!  That it's a rental.  So I was taking time out of my day to meet him there.

Yeah.  He calls me at 3:34.  When I am already there.  And asks me for the address again (which I'd texted him) and tells me that he's "just getting on the bridge".  Let me translate that statement.  He's still at least 30 minutes away!  WTF, smh.  At any rate, it's a used dryer but not an old one and looks/works great.  So hopefully it will run for a long time and then it will at least be worth the aggravation.  It does at least have a 4-month warranty. 

Because the Saints game was the Sun. night game and was also a home game, there was a rabbi who held a Rosh Hashanah service on the roof of one of the big office buildings that's a couple blocks from the Superdome and overlooks it.  He didn't want his congregation to have to choose between Rosh Hashanah and the Saints, lol.  There was fun footage of the folks attending, all dressed in Saints gear.  Some of it was also Jewish related.  One guy was wearing a shirt that said "Who Dat" in Hebrew.  Another guy was wearing a yamika with a pic of our mascot embroidered on the back of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom Family nap is always great. Sounds like a great weekend :)
  • @OliveOilsMom, a girl after my own heart!  “Oh there’a ranch?  This changes everything!”

super annoying @short+sassy, did you have wifi at least to play on your phone?  I get super bored SUPER fast so would be pulling my hair out without it!

• @OliveOilsMom, a girl after my own heart!  “Oh there’a ranch?  This changes everything!”

super annoying @short+sassy, did you have wifi at least to play on your phone?  I get super bored SUPER fast so would be pulling my hair out without it!
    Funny you should say that!  I did because one of my weekend items I forgot to mention is I got a new phone on Friday.  Nothing fancy, but a big improvement on my old one.  It was $160 on Amazon.  A Blu G9 (something like that).

My old one had a battery that was almost passed its life.  I could be fully charged.  Spend 20 minutes online and it would drop to 50% power over that time frame.  Once it hit around 50% power, it would totally shut off, until it was charged again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Funny you should say that!  I did because one of my weekend items I forgot to mention is I got a new phone on Friday.  Nothing fancy, but a big improvement on my old one.  It was $160 on Amazon.  A Blu G9 (something like that).

My old one had a battery that was almost passed its life.  I could be fully charged.  Spend 20 minutes online and it would drop to 50% power over that time frame.  Once it hit around 50% power, it would totally shut off, until it was charged again.
    This is MY phone too.  I was going to get it replaced last year but didn’t.  I really should look into a new one before my trip when I’m not around an outlet all the time to charge it.

• I also didn't mention something else that is making my H and I sad.  Some of you may remember that our cat Nip was diagnosed with diabetes last Nov.  We're very regular about giving her the insulin shot every day, but her health has been declining over the past year.

Every time a new medical issue pops up, we're worried "this is it".  But, so far, it's been able to be addressed so that she still seems happy and content enough.

Except now she has started having seizures and convulsions.  It happened once a couple weeks ago and happened again last night.  Everything I've read online say it's "worse than it looks" and the cat is usually not conscious of it (I hope not).  It is awful to watch and you feel so helpless!  But everything online also talks about seizures usually only lasting less than one minute and a few minutes, at the most.  Hers aren't fast like that.  The one yesterday lasted for about an hour.  But then she seems just fine when they are done. 

At any rate, my H called her vet today.  He said it's possible she might have epilepsy now and suggested we give her the drugs for that condition.  He said there is no harm if she doesn't, but that's the easiest way to test for it, ie seeing of the medication works.  However, he did mention that it would be unusual for her to develop this condition so late in life (15 years).  But then, that's also what he said about her diabetes.  And that it's also really unusual the seizures are lasting so long.

Low blood sugar could also cause it but, despite her diabetes, I just don't think that's it.  She ate more than usual yesterday and we gave her the normal insulin dose.

The vet said it is also possible she has a brain tumor :(.  We're "wait and see" at this point because there's nothing else we can do.  We've come to terms that she is an elderly cat with medical problems and that she may not be with us much longer.  But we hope for as much time as possible, as long as it seems like she's still a happy girl most of the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • S+S - I'm sorry to hear about Nip's continuing medical issues.  I hope the vet can get everything figured out quickly.
  • @MNNEBride do you just want to upload them as an album for sharing? I think Flickr or even imgur might work
  • Yes.  We'll probably make a Shutterfly book or something with them as well.
  •  I’m so sorry about Nip @short+sassy. I hope the medication works. 

• Aw sorry to hear about Nip @short+sassy
  • September was a BLINK.  I'm fine with summer gone; I loathe hot days.  Late September/October weather is MY weather!  I just wish we could hang on to some of the DST light.  The minute the sun sets I turn into a pumpkin and all ambition/energy to keep moving and doing goes out the window and down the street.  I'd be content if we had twilight til 7:00 PM!

DD had her first kids + tummy bug adventure.  At the ages of 5 and 3, it is the FIRST time she has had to deal with vomiting!  I told her to count her blessings.  Little guy (3) got the double whammy first, along with mama.  5 days later little gal (5) and papa got hit.  Two days later, grandpa (my H) got hit.  I managed to avoid it all, despite being nursemaid for a bit of it.  I honestly think 35+ years in the school system helps keep the germs away.  As soon as the first two got ill, I "treated" myself as if I was hit, and stuck to light and easy foods for the week.

S & S, sorry to hear about the fur baby!

• Oh, @short+sassy I'm sorry about Nip. Hugs for all of you. 
  • @short+sassy so sorry about the troubles Nip is having. @MobKaz, yes I am about more sunlight too. I'm so much more productive when there is daylight. 

I'm catching up on reading the posts since returning from out trip. H got lots done at FIL's house. I had a blast at my HS reunion. We are headed to Chicago this weekend. I will stay through the next weekend but H will come home in between.  We are babysitting while DD and SIL attend OOT weddings the two weekends. I usually walk while I'm up there (since I don't belong to a gym there). However, it is suppose to rain several days while I'm there. Ugh, I hate doing internet workouts inside.