Wedding Woes

Below Deck: Med

Re: Below Deck: Med

• That's an interesting theory.  So I wonder if they signed up for a contract of 2 seasons and then didn't want to pay to get out of it, so they just fucked over Bravo and the boat crew by removing shit from the boat and not fixing things that needed attention?  I bet they don't get the full freight from Bravo and traded on the promise of increased traffic outside the Bravo season due to the boat being featured on TV and maybe that hasn't happened.  

But the boat definitely looks far worse this season with all the issues they have encountered, especially in the galley.  It also makes me wonder what kind of budget Sandy (Bravo?) gave them to go shopping for tablescape stuff, because I bet it was two nickles and a piece of lint. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    That's an interesting theory.  So I wonder if they signed up for a contract of 2 seasons and then didn't want to pay to get out of it, so they just fucked over Bravo and the boat crew by removing shit from the boat and not fixing things that needed attention?  I bet they don't get the full freight from Bravo and traded on the promise of increased traffic outside the Bravo season due to the boat being featured on TV and maybe that hasn't happened.  

But the boat definitely looks far worse this season with all the issues they have encountered, especially in the galley.  It also makes me wonder what kind of budget Sandy (Bravo?) gave them to go shopping for tablescape stuff, because I bet it was two nickles and a piece of lint. 
    Anastasia was saying that the "trip" consisted of sending her down one street that had very few shops on it and everything was cheap and plastic.  Aeshe piped up and said that the previous boats she worked on had very high end table decor, something about a crystal dolphin thing that was $3K, so Anastasia not buying cheap plastic decor made sense to her.  And really, I'd rather have a bare table that has lovely place settings than some cheap ass plastic crap to look at myself.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-mediterranean/season-4/episode-16/videos/hannah-ferrier-reveals-the-real-reason-she
  • Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the finale and a little frustrated with Sandy?  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the finale and a little frustrated with Sandy?  
    Yep.

I will say, when Hannah finally knuckled down and looked through the stuff, the tables did look better and the last one was great.  But the whole "why isn't the table set" was nonsense.  I mean yeah, it'd be great, but it's outside, you can't just have dishes sitting and especially not overnight like Ben (Travis?) suggested.

IDK if the crew was just tired of each other or what, but this was a really boring season.  I am happy for Joao though.  

Are they replacing Below Deck: Med with Below Deck: Thailand?  Also, that one looks like it's going to be completely over the top.
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the finale and a little frustrated with Sandy?  
    Yep.

I will say, when Hannah finally knuckled down and looked through the stuff, the tables did look better and the last one was great.  But the whole "why isn't the table set" was nonsense.  I mean yeah, it'd be great, but it's outside, you can't just have dishes sitting and especially not overnight like Ben (Travis?) suggested.

IDK if the crew was just tired of each other or what, but this was a really boring season.  I am happy for Joao though.  

Are they replacing Below Deck: Med with Below Deck: Thailand?  Also, that one looks like it's going to be completely over the top.
    Completely agree with the above. 
    To the bolded: it's a different crew and captain - it's the crew/captain that's usually in the Caribbean, but due to recent hurricane devastation, they have been cruising elsewhere the past two seasons. The Below Deck and Below Deck: Med seasons aren't usually this back-to-back, however. I'm absolutely psyched though that the new season of Below Deck is starting next week!!!
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2019
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Yep.

Completely agree with the above. 
    To the bolded: it's a different crew and captain - it's the crew/captain that's usually in the Caribbean, but due to recent hurricane devastation, they have been cruising elsewhere the past two seasons. The Below Deck and Below Deck: Med seasons aren't usually this back-to-back, however. I'm absolutely psyched though that the new season of Below Deck is starting next week!!!
    It wasn't like the table wasn't being worked on...Anastasia was staging shit for the fucking table when Sandy was bitching about the goddamned table.  They were making the tablescape more to Sandy's standards, but that takes time. 

I think Sandy's take down of Hannah and whether or not she's a 'passionate' yachtie was completely unprofessional.  I can understand how Hannah felt completely demoralized.  She was entirely correct that staying up with the guests was important and also, I agreed with her, "I'm not going to be passionate about cleaning toilets."  And one person stays on anchor watch and there are 4 deckhands vs. 3 interior and TWO interior people were up late on service. Hannah received zero complaints about the service.  The chefs actually took most of the heat, especially for the lack thereof in their dishes.  The chef situation probably cost them in tips the most.  Hannah protected them the most when it came to the Mila issue.  She straight up refused to send out stuff Mila made because she knew it was utter bullshit that wouldn't be served at Denny's.  

I also think Sandy gossiping with Joao and chastising Hannah in front of Ben was bullshit.  Furthermore, the exterior didn't pull their shit together until close to the end.  SHE HAD TO CALL OUT TRAVIS FOR SMELLING LIKE ALCOHOL!  

This season definitely felt like it was edited oddly, because there were all these things that were all of a sudden issues with zero lead-up before it bubbled over. The only exception is Mila, but they clearly had a lot of material to make her look like shit from the jump. 

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    Honestly, I could not have cared less about the table decor.  I was appalled that most of the services entailed guests serving themselves from the lazy Susan in the middle of the table.  They finally upgraded to at least interior serving from service plates, but I am a snob about that and I would've expected plated service, each time.  I get maybe putting some bacon out on another plate for extra or bread, but this is supposed to be high end stuff.

I do think I learned more about how the business structure of the yachts work this season, than any others.  That was interesting.
  • This season didn't do much for me, I agree. This has never been my favorite show though I enjoy watching it but I can't say this helped pull me in for more. I am sure I will still watch since I'm too lazy to delete from DVR but yea I need a more interesting season next time. 
  • I agree this season was a little boring. Sandy coming down hard on the interior was total bullshit. And her going in on Hannah on the last charter was uncalled for. 
  • Just watched the new season. Why oh why are they making us listen to the chef have diarrhea over and over. Wtf. 
  • kvruns said:
    Just watched the new season. Why oh why are they making us listen to the chef have diarrhea over and over. Wtf. 
    True.  But the "Jesus, Mr. Dobson!" cracked me up.  All the deckhands are beefcakes.  The east coast guy is definitely a meatball, though.  ;)  

Also WTF at the stews being all, "Yeah, I'm not good at service" and the one being all, "Well, I'm used to being served."  
  • That was a hilarious line! I agree that the cast is all very nie to look at.

I thought the stews were strange too. The one who said she was used to being served at least had 1 year of experience so its like ok this isn't completely new. Although hers was on a sailboat and not a yact I think? 
  • The new season seems entertaining so far. I also thought it was weird that not even 1 stew is good with service. 
  • Ugh. The new chef is such a condescending douche, especially when he makes the snide and unfair assessment that Simone has "nothing going on upstairs." What an ass. 

Also - how do you not order ANY seafood when the dinner menu is a Seafood Extravaganza?????
  • I'm over the chef.  He did say something about having a bunch of concussions and having to quit rugby.  I did a Kate, "Huh?" at that information.  Maybe TBI is why his personality sucks?  The factoid about his Great (great?) grandpa on the Titanic was interesting.  But yeah, him yelling at the stews and being condescending is getting super old. 

My eyebrows left my head when the primary was shitting all over Brandy.  Yes, it's annoying when your friend(s) can't handle their liquor and get stupid, but this is beyond that.  Clearly, the heat + the drinking is doing these people in and it's dangerous AF.  

I don't quite get Abbi, but I don't think she's going to be around long.  She doesn't like it and she sucks.  Plus, her hair IS A PROBLEM.  Every other female deckhand on both shows always has her hair tied back.  There is shit that your hair can get caught in and can be a real problem for you or the boat.   She has so.much.hair.  And also, she just lets that hair whip around on a sailboat?  I mean, there's way more lines and shit for it to be caught in. 
  • I HATE the new chef. Why are you calling Kate to serve food when she's still doing the tour with the guests? He's so critical of the stews, yet he can't even remember to order enough seafood. 

Regarding Abbi - I also sail (not on a huge boat) but even with those lines, I can't imagine having your hair down like that. I've always got my hair pulled back when I'm on the boat. 

I also HATE when the charter guests are all over the crew. That women was practically fondling Captain Lee. These people are trying to do a job! Hang out with your friends you brought on this expensive trip. Bother them! 

Also, these charter guests are big drinkers. Brandy was pounding those mimosas bright and early, and that other guest was passed out on the floor before they even left the boat! 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2019
    OK.  I officially LOVE Courtney and Simone.  Courtney being unimpressed by the guys and all, "I know I'm pretty!"  YES!  And Simone is sweet, but has a backbone.  I always love Kate and Lee.  

I do love Ashton, but his dick is like a honing device and he needs to stop trying to shit where he eats.  Get a sex worker again this season, man.  Also, he's too concerned with being nice vs. effectively leading his crew.

Tanner is a meatball and I think he's funny sometimes.  He needs to stop calling Kate old, because she's thirty-fucking-six.  He likes Kate being mean to him, but doesn't realize she's not letting him in her pants. 

Brian is really cute, but I feel like he'll be like Travis on Med.  Drinking makes him messy.  

Kevin and Abbi are the wooorrrst.   I hope they both get fired. 

Yes, yachting is a show and you must change a frillion times depending on what's happening on the boat.  And seriously, why does the hair keep coming up?! Put it up girl when you step out of your cabin.  And blowing off Ashton because she was hung over...oh hell no girl. 

Like, Lee said, Kevin has plenty of money to order whatever and who TF walks away from their boss mid-sentence? Plus his pouting was just sad.  He seems to be an OK chef (I mean, anyone looks like a genius next to Mila), but he's not good enough for the attitude he's throwing around. 

Brandy, Brandy, Brandy...wow.  I felt for Courtney when she popped up as she was knocking off.  I was glad they put sparkling water in her juice.  I would normally not be on that side because people's choices are their own, but she had a medical emergency earlier in the day caused by alcohol and put the boat at risk.  I think Kate would have punched her in the face if they were on the street and she said Kate looked tired/old. 

Poor Kate.  She just has a professional looking face and could be anywhere between an older-looking late 20's or young-looking late 40's woman. But seriously, I hate that it's a 'theme' this year.  
  • Kevin is the worst. The fact that he walked away from Lee while they were in the middle of a conversation!? Wow. Also, he ate Lee's main course! 

That Brandy woman was disturbing. She was once again knocking back the champagne right up until they left the boat. 
  • Lee’s face at dinner made me laugh 
  • Kevin being the only boy and the baby in a family of girls makes so much sense now.  I love that all he wants to do is impress Lee, but he's gotta act like it's not important.  He cannot deal with Lee being petty AF. 

Abbi is a mess.  I haven't social media snooped, but I'd bet that she's no longer engaged.  I think Ashton is letting the fact that they spent the night on the bunny pad get in the way, but she still sucks and has a shitty attitude. 

Also, what's going on with everyone on the boat's insides? They've quarantined people for less, so I'm wondering why they're not taking Tanner's constant puking more seriously.  

I live for Courtney's judgement of everyone and everything.  She's not been wrong yet.  
  • edited November 2019
    This episode was sort of boring. But god, I cannot stress enough how much I hate when the charter guests lust after the crew. 

Can't stand Kevin, but that tasting dinner did look good. But it looks like the guests are not happy with the dinner next episode.

Who the hell gets engaged over text message? ETA; also to someone you've never said "I love you" to?
  • I want to know who's replacing Abbi.  I wonder if it's Rhylee.  Also, I was wrong...Abbi did marry that guy last week. She really gave a lot of material on the way out about how she's allergic to work and rules.  I'm sure she's got employers lined up now.  

My favorite moment of the episode was a funny one-off, where the lady fell getting from the tinder to the yacht because she was drunk and then Kate offers her a beer.  This charter was boring to watch.  I mean, I could so see my friends and I acting similarly, but we'd still not be good TV.  ;) 

It looks like next week's charter guests are going to be weird and awful, so there's hope to turn the boring around.  :D  Also, there is definitely going to be a showdown about laundry at some point. 

• I stalked Abbi's IG. She says she married the guy 7 or 8 months ago in MA (I think that's where she's from). Apparently they rent out their sailboat for charters in Greece. Looks like she's trying to drum up business for them on IG as well. 

Abbi bailing on them only 2 weeks in is so freaking lame. You not only signed up to work on a motor yacht, you signed up to do a show. Did you really think they were going to let you hang around the boat until you felt like leaving??

Also, I'm assuming she then had to pay for her flight out of there? 

I also laughed at Kate saying they were all hammered and offering her a beer. 
  • I think I’m cynical to all shows now but when I was watching I wondered if it was all for the show drama too like it was planned. 
  • OK, I know we haven't talked about this in awhile.  This season is annoying AF to me.  A) the guys are pigs and the absolute worst, B ) the Simone/Kate rift seems very over dramatic from what we've seen, which makes me wonder what's happened in the background, C) the show is MUCH better when there's focus on the guests ridiculousness or the crew having to work through boat issues...not the entire crew being at each other's throats.  And especially when the bosun and chief stew are constantly going at each other.  

I also find Master Pearson and his family boring and annoying.  They're playing it up and you can tell.  The producers didn't coach them well or they're bad actors...or both.  
  • Agree on all accounts. 

I hate Tanner so, so, so much. I also hate the fact that Simone keeps running to him. Brian sucks. Ashton is an asshole. Kevin is a pompous douche. I feel that Kate is being hated on for no reason. Ok, she was late getting ready twice. Should she have apologized? Sure. But it's really being blown out of proportion. 
  • This season bugs me too. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I am actually fond of Courtney. I thought she was going to be a brat but is turning out to be a great stew. 

They guys are disgusting - I especially can't stand Kevin. 

Why are all the chefs like this? 
  • Agree on all accounts. 

I hate Tanner so, so, so much. I also hate the fact that Simone keeps running to him. Brian sucks. Ashton is an asshole. Kevin is a pompous douche. I feel that Kate is being hated on for no reason. Ok, she was late getting ready twice. Should she have apologized? Sure. But it's really being blown out of proportion. 
    He's a sleaze who can't handle his alcohol. Sims seems like she wants to have fun as well, so I'm not sure if the editing is making her look so jealous? 

He grosses me out for sure. 
  • Agree on all accounts. 

He's a sleaze who can't handle his alcohol. Sims seems like she wants to have fun as well, so I'm not sure if the editing is making her look so jealous? 

I mean, I'd be pissed too for the grinding on the dancer. AND the dancer wasn't even into it. She left! It was forced grinding. But also the fact that he told the crew about their hookup! Simone should have dumped him when she found that out. 

OH ALSO. I love that Ashton got in trouble for ruining some of the DJ equipment. 
  • Agree on all accounts. 

I mean, I'd be pissed too for the grinding on the dancer. AND the dancer wasn't even into it. She left! It was forced grinding. But also the fact that he told the crew about their hookup! Simone should have dumped him when she found that out. 

OH ALSO. I love that Ashton got in trouble for ruining some of the DJ equipment. 
    Tanner is the worst pig.  It's funny that they're trying to make his mom like "Collie's" mom, but it's failing.  Just because his mom has a sweet voice does not mean she's a nice person, and she's the one always telling him not to bang hookers, which is SO WEIRD.  And not cute.  And pretty offensive on so many levels. 

Ashton is awful.  He basically wants everyone to go along to get along, even if it makes them uncomfortable because he doesn't know how to actually be a boss.  He's lucky he got Brian and Tanner, who will uphold 'bro code', but I find him trying to manage Rhylee pretty hilarious.  He wants to hate fuck her so badly and so he tries to humiliate her. 

IDK why it's everyone against Kate.  I mean, I think Courtney and Rhylee aren't against her (Courtney's tweet after/during this week's episode basically said she has nothing against Kate and that everyone ganged up on her).  Lee is correct that Kate does get more leeway than anyone else because they've built trust.  Kate abused that with her tantrum, but she'll rebuild with Lee because she is a good leader and tries to keep everything at her level and not go to him.  The deck crew the last 2 seasons have failed hard at that shit.  But they all look jealous and like they're shooting themselves in the foot trying to go for her on the fact that she doesn't eat their shit and smile and they're out there being complete and utter shitshows.