Wedding Woes

Wassup! It's THURSDAY!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2019 in Wedding Woes
Prudie day!  Fall has decided to show up around here. 

I slept like garbage last night.  However, the hotel I really wanted to stay at for our trip to Louisville later this month opened up.  So I canceled my original reservation and booked the hotel I really wanted.  :)

Work is slow.  The week is almost over.  I get to see Fiddler on the Roof this weekend.  Wahoo.  I was in it twice in HS, but I have never seen it on stage. (I moved between 9th and 10th grade, so my old school did it as the spring musical and then my new HS did it as their fall musical.)

I need trunk decoration ideas for trunk or treat.   Apparently there's prizes to be had.  ;) 

Re: Wassup! It's THURSDAY!

• I saw Fiddler last November and it was amazing! I had seen it years ago but this was so much better than I remembered. 

Work sucks today. Basically I can’t access anything on any of my computers because our technology is terrible and no one knows how to fix it. Which would be fine except I have a ton of work to do. Fan-freaking-tastic. 
  • I can't find my motivation at work. I'm caught up on emails from being out and have projects to work on but honestly I'm still exhausted from vacation and it is hard to get going. Unfortunately that then leads to a lot of boredom eating which isn't good. 
  • Ugh. That’s the worst @charlotte989875

We had a super lazy exciting night last night. Lazy because we just watched Netflix and relaxed. Exciting because we found a large lizard in the house and had to figure a way to get it outside. Three cats and they’re all useless. FI turned to me when I told him there was a lizard and goes, “it’s actually a lizard, right? You’re not lying to me and it’s a snake?” The phobia is strong in that one. We might have scared the daylights out of the poor lizard but the end result is that he’s no longer in the house. 

Today I am going to the gym and then to lunch and our quarterly Botox appointment with FSIL. I’m glad we’re going. I’ve been clenching my jaw a lot again during sleep so clearly the last of the Botox has worn off already there. It really did make a huge difference. Other than that, SSDD. 

• @mrsconn23 Zombies. Idk what about it, but like a zombie trunk.

BabyKitten was up at 11pm. She felt a tad warm and she seemed upset about something, so I gave her some motrin. Idk if that helped what the issue was, or just irony but she slept the rest of the way through the night. Definitely was good because I was so damn tired when she went to bed.

So it's been a weird few days.
    Short version - M's company was acquired by another company. Everything seems to be ok and based on the company's history, jobs are likely safe. M's keeping an eye out because anything gets too sketch, he's promised he'll bounce.

CEO and COO made a trust account, so everyone got a chunk of money as a "thank you" {not severance, they clarified}

This is the article. The CEO is like 5ft lol She is the sweetest so I am sad.
    https://obj.ca/article/ottawa-software-firm-ingenius-acquired-texas-company-294m-deal

I guess only time will tell lol
  • I’m bored.  I have to hit up walmart tonight to find a wedding card for this weekend. I have a stupid question. I’m a friend of the bride. I never paid attention to what was written on my wedding checks - but do I write the check out to “her & his new last name” even though I have no idea if she’s even changing her last name? 

• banana468 said:
    I’m bored.  I have to hit up walmart tonight to find a wedding card for this weekend. I have a stupid question. I’m a friend of the bride. I never paid attention to what was written on my wedding checks - but do I write the check out to “her & his new last name” even though I have no idea if she’s even changing her last name? 
    Write it out to Jane Smith OR John Doe.   They'll be depositing checks most likely before her name is changed even if she does.   
    ^^
    For ours, the cheques had both names. You can't legally change your name that fast after getting married, but you don't wanna wait and stale out the cheques.
  • I’m bored.  I have to hit up walmart tonight to find a wedding card for this weekend. I have a stupid question. I’m a friend of the bride. I never paid attention to what was written on my wedding checks - but do I write the check out to “her & his new last name” even though I have no idea if she’s even changing her last name? 
    I never do. I always do her first her last and/or his first his last unless they have specifically told me either of them are changing their names. 
  • Oh no, @short+sassy. I am so sorry. All of the hugs and wine. 

• @short+sassy  Oh I'm so sorry to hear :(<3
  • Oh my goodness, @short+sassy. I'm so so sorry. You must be so heartbroken. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and remembering fond memories of Nip. Hugs for you. 
  • ((hugs)) @short+sassy I'm so sorry for the loss of Nip.
  • Sorry for your loss S+S 
  • S+S - I'm so sorry about Nip.  Just remember the wonderful life that you gave her!

Last night was quiet.  I got home from yoga and my friend asked to stop by to pick up the pregnancy pillow I have had in a closet for the last few years.  She is about 12 weeks along now.  I have also promised her all of my baby equipment, which she seems receptive of!  Hopefully she has a girl and I can also give her all my baby clothes!
  • So sorry for your loss
  • S+S I'm sorry sorry about Nip ::Hugs::
  • Awww @short+sassy, so sorry for your loss.  Sad news

• @short+sassy I'm so sorry about Nip. That's just so heart breaking.

@mrsconn23 What are you going to do in Louisville? That's my home town!
  • Aww S&S! I'm sorry for your loss!

We got home from vacation last night. Our flight landed a bit after 8, but we didn't get home until almost 11! Our bags took forever to get off the plane, and the freaking driver got lost and went to the wrong terminal. 

BUT the vacation was amazing! I'm sad to be back to reality. 
    Did you work today?

isn’t Prague amazing? 

• Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss @short+sassy  still the best cat name I've ever heard :)
    Enjoy your shows @CharmedPam and @VarunaTT

My son's preschool special education decision/results meeting was this morning, after lots of evals.  I'd received the results beforehand and had my notes highlighted and was ready to fight for what I feel he needs.  He did end up receiving OT and a SW for some behavioral strategies...we're in a top school district so I'm excited that he's finally getting some help in the school setting.  He'd had speech therapy from 8 weeks to 18 mos old and I thought he'd qualify again but he didnt.  We may hire a private ST.  Went into work late and stayed late to try and not look like a shit employee  :# currently drained and looking forward to the weekend.
  • I’m glad he is going to get some extra help though it stinks you won’t get the speech therapy now
  • Thanks!  I think we'll go private pay.  Actually toying with it for my daughters too, speech therapists are amazing.
  • Oh @short+sassy I’m so sorry. That’s so hard. All the good thoughts for you and Mr. Sassy. 
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
    So sorry to hear, @short+sassy
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Prudie day!  Fall has decided to show up around here. 

I slept like garbage last night.  However, the hotel I really wanted to stay at for our trip to Louisville later this month opened up.  So I canceled my original reservation and booked the hotel I really wanted.  :)

Work is slow.  The week is almost over.  I get to see Fiddler on the Roof this weekend.  Wahoo.  I was in it twice in HS, but I have never seen it on stage. (I moved between 9th and 10th grade, so my old school did it as the spring musical and then my new HS did it as their fall musical.)

I need trunk decoration ideas for trunk or treat.   Apparently there's prizes to be had.  ;) 
    We saw it Tuesday. It was really good. Our son's HS did it when he was a junior. That was the only time I had seen it too.

• Hugs @short+sassy. It is so difficult to lose a beloved pet. Focus on those fond memories.