Destination Weddings Discussions

Christmas Wedding ~ is 10 weeks too early to send out invitations?

My daughter is getting married on December 21st.  We did send STDs out but I am thinking I will send out the invites at the 10 week mark vs the 8 week mark.  Is that too early?

Re: Christmas Wedding ~ is 10 weeks too early to send out invitations?

• I think you’d be better sticking within the eight week time frame. Sending them out too early can backfire, because not everyone will have started thinking about holiday plans.  Once Halloween is over, people will get serious about their December dates and plans.  Your VIPS will have hopefully already pencilled in the date. 
    Congratulations to you all!  
  • IMO, I'd err on the side of early because this is the weekend before Christmas and people who are planning trips during Christmas break are already doing so (I'm already planning my trip for Spring Break)...  Also, many families have their GTG that weekend before.  Sunday of that weekend is also the start of Hanukkah.  Yes, 8 weeks is ideal, but holiday weekends are their own animal so I wouldn't go much before when you're planning, but earlier is better in this case.
  • I’d send out save the dates so people know to plan for a holiday wedding then send the invites at the appropriate time. 
  • I’d send out save the dates so people know to plan for a holiday wedding then send the invites at the appropriate time. 
    OP mentioned she did send out STD's.  This is why I recommended that she does NOT need to send out invitations much earlier than the expected time frame.  All VIP's have been given sufficient notice to make their plans accordingly.