Knottie Tech Help

How come my cash fund registry does not show on my website?

edited November 2021 in Knottie Tech Help
I started a cash fund registry and it's not showing up on my website. How can I fix this? I started a honey moon fund and it's not showing up! My bank account was verified and all. When I go under registries, my amazon and target show up, but not the cash fund. There is a button that says start a cash fund and then when I click it my current one comes up showing it's verified. So frustrating! 

Re: How come my cash fund registry does not show on my website?

• I started a cash fund registry and it's not showing up on my website. How can I fix this? I started a honey moon fund and it's not showing up! My bank account was verified and all. When I go under registries, my amazon and target show up, but not the cash fund. There is a button that says start a cash fund and then when I click it my current one comes up showing it's verified. So frustrating! 
    None of the people on here are active Knot employees, so from a tech perspective, I'm sorry I can't help you.

However, TK's glitchiness has done you a favor. Cash funds are super tacky. People know cash is a good gift. No one has ever thought "I bet they'd hate money," but they have thought, "Oh, cool, they're just asking people for money now and apparently they think that's okay because they happen to be getting married." Make your other two registries small and your guests will get the hint and give you cash... without the honeyfund website taking a giant cut.
  • Wow, even the software knows that's rude!

Consider yourself lucky. Be glad this glitch kept you from embarrassing yourself with a cash registry! 
  • The glitch has done you a favor. Asking for money, whether outright or in the form of a “honeymoon fund” is rude and tacky. People know cash is a great gift. Make a small registry or skip it altogether and if people ask you may say “oh, we’re actually saving up for a trip to Hawaii!” They’ll get the hint, you won’t be rude, and you’ll still get your cash gift without losing money on those nice 3-7% transaction fees. 

• You do not need to "register" for cash! People who don't buy off of your gifts registry will give it to you. Everyone knows that newlyweds need it. Asking for it assumes your guests are idiots and don't know how to give good gifts. Don't hurt their feelings.
  • Did you ever find a solve to this problem? I am having a similar experience and all the other comments have been unhelpful.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    Did you ever find a solve to this problem? I am having a similar experience and all the other comments have been unhelpful.
    The only solution to this "problem" is not to register for cash at all. Registries are appropriate only for boxed gifts. "Honeyfunds" are not appropriate.

We do not offer "helpful" advice or suggestions  for achieving inappropriate goals.
  • Everyone here is wrong, you can ask for whatever you'd like even cash! Just idiots who didn't get what they wanted for their weddings haha, it's italian tradition to hand an envelope of money to the newlyweds!
    It's tradition in a lot of places to give gifts and money. It doesn't make it any less gross to ask or beg for it. 

It's not about not getting what you want, it's about having some basic manners. 
  • Everyone here is wrong, you can ask for whatever you'd like even cash! Just idiots who didn't get what they wanted for their weddings haha, it's italian tradition to hand an envelope of money to the newlyweds!
    In places where it's tradition there's no need to state it.   Anyone who watches the Godfather sees what's happening at Connie's wedding. 

But Connie didn't put out a registry or put her hand out.   She traveled to tables greeting guests holding her purse and those who wanted to give her a gift gave one. 

FWIW, if you really want to get into that tradition, the Italian ladies also went to the bathroom en masse and judged the bride and groom as a group.   Then they filled out their checks for the appropriate denomination.   Those envelopes didn't show up sealed when the guests arrived at the wedding. 

LOL  First, this thread is dead.  Secondly, unless you know for certain that the original poster is of Italian descent, your point makes no sense.  Technically, you CAN ask for whatever you like at any time.  The only person acting as an idiot would be the person that asks for something classless, tasteless, or presumptuous.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Everyone here is wrong, you can ask for whatever you'd like even cash! Just idiots who didn't get what they wanted for their weddings haha, it's italian tradition to hand an envelope of money to the newlyweds!

H and my wedding gifts were 98% cash haha, but we didn't make a registry/handout request/fund asking for it.  All types of people know cash is a great gift, hence the reason that you don't have to ask for it.
  • wow people are terrible on here. We live in an apartment and am moving in 6 months. I dont have room for a bunch of kitchen stuff I already have. We made our registry full of experiences on our honeymoons people could give us a specific aspect of it, like tickets to x show ect. How is gifting an experience worse than having to buy someone a spatula? I much prefer the cash fund over having to get someone a toaster. This is so common now 
  • wow people are terrible on here. We live in an apartment and am moving in 6 months. I dont have room for a bunch of kitchen stuff I already have. We made our registry full of experiences on our honeymoons people could give us a specific aspect of it, like tickets to x show ect. How is gifting an experience worse than having to buy someone a spatula? I much prefer the cash fund over having to get someone a toaster. This is so common now 
    Again, old thread. But your guests aren't buying you an experience because you won't actually get "tickets to x show ect." You'll receive a check from the honeyfund company that reflects what your guests "bought" minus the commission the company takes. Doesn't it seem pretty silly financially to pay some middleman company a portion of your gift when you could receive the full amount if your guests just put their check/cash in a card?

People know how to give cash; and if you don't have to have any registry for stuff, they'll figure out that you would prefer cash without you having to say anything about it.