Wedding Woes

Hump Day

2»

Re: Hump Day

• I don't know what I would do if I couldn't parallel park. There are so many places that I go where it's literally the only option. Having to get someone else to park my car all the time would be such a hassle. 

I really think people get psyched out by it. If my dumb ass 16 year old self could do it in a manual, anyone can learn. It just seems hard. 
    I feel the same way, I parallel park at least once a week. We have ramps/lots downtown where I work but everywhere else in the city is primarily street parking so most of the time you have to parallel. It’s funny though since I’m so used to doing it now that my car has a backup camera I forget I can use that and still just use my mirrors. 
  • @climbingwife I was taught the line up way also, but tests .... blank stare.

Needless to say, at 1am I remembered the way I was taught to parallel park.
  • I don't know what I would do if I couldn't parallel park. There are so many places that I go where it's literally the only option. Having to get someone else to park my car all the time would be such a hassle. 

I really think people get psyched out by it. If my dumb ass 16 year old self could do it in a manual, anyone can learn. It just seems hard. 
    I feel the same way, I parallel park at least once a week. We have ramps/lots downtown where I work but everywhere else in the city is primarily street parking so most of the time you have to parallel. It’s funny though since I’m so used to doing it now that my car has a backup camera I forget I can use that and still just use my mirrors. 
    Most do it this way, but now when doing a test they will watch to make sure you aren't staring at the camera. You can use it as a "picture" of where you are but that's it. Apparently if they feel you're relying too much on it, there are some that will cover it.

I feel the same way, I parallel park at least once a week. We have ramps/lots downtown where I work but everywhere else in the city is primarily street parking so most of the time you have to parallel. It’s funny though since I’m so used to doing it now that my car has a backup camera I forget I can use that and still just use my mirrors
    I've actually never had a car with a backup camera.  I suspect I'd have to make a point to backup while using the camera a few times, so maybe I wouldn't forget I have it, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I feel the same way, I parallel park at least once a week. We have ramps/lots downtown where I work but everywhere else in the city is primarily street parking so most of the time you have to parallel. It’s funny though since I’m so used to doing it now that my car has a backup camera I forget I can use that and still just use my mirrors
    I've actually never had a car with a backup camera.  I suspect I'd have to make a point to backup while using the camera a few times, so maybe I wouldn't forget I have it, lol.
    I can only back up now BECAUSE of my camera!

• The backup camera is still so new to me that I find myself many times not looking at it when I'm reversing into a spot. 
  • I couldn't tell you the last time I had to parallel park but that's basically a function of my location.   If I lived closer to a city I'm sure it would be something I had to do more often.   

But the backup camera is GREAT.   I've driven a minivan for the last 5 years and having that so I can reverse into spaces is SO helpful.   
  • @banana468 what kind? My coworker has a grand caravan and it's a friggen BEAST
  • @banana468 what kind? My coworker has a grand caravan and it's a friggen BEAST
    Honda Odyssey here.   I imagine that as long as we have living parents near us we'll have a minivan.