Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvruns said:
    Exactly! And that key can't be a real key, right? It was just a symbol. 

Tim and Jennifer are just weird.  Full stop.  And put that kid in a car seat for the love of all that is holy. 
    I was laughing during Pillow Talk when Elizabeth, her sister, and Andrei were making bets as to what was in the box.

And Dean (Tarik's brother) exclaimed something like, "What is that?  That looks like a Harry Potter key!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ((Spoiler for Tell-All))

The Tell-All Mon. night was interesting.  Apparently Aladin is already talking divorce and Laura was devastated.  The rest of the cast members were trying to comfort her and were coming down on him.

Her son, though!  WTF?  His behavior was so OFF!  It was so weird.  She is crying and upset.  For good reason.  And he can't stop laughing and smiling.

Also interesting that both Deavan and Tiffany moved back to the U.S., for the sake of their children.  Though now Deavan is moving back because Jihoon found them their own apartment.  Except that is a lie!  I'm surprised a bigger deal was not made about that.  Also fun that Jihoon was the only foreign spouse who was on the show, in person.

I was really side-eye about TLC's handling of Ronald.  Throughout the season, he was portrayed as having had a criminal past.  And that's why he couldn't immigrate to the U.S.  Except then we find out in the tell-all that he does NOT have a criminal past.  He'd been arrested multiple times.  But the charges had always been dropped.  So "oh, good and 'surprising' news"...(don't think too hard, viewers, that TLC has been lying all season).  He actually can get a K-1 visa and it's just the couple's finances that are stopping them at the moment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Laura and Aladin thing was weird because I always thought they seemed more stable than others despite what you would think on paper (older woman/young attractive guy). Her son is just .... weird....that's all I've got on him. 

I must not have been paying attention because I thought Deavan was planning to move back for a bit all along. I thought she was staying in Korea for a few months and then would be coming back to later get Drascilla? 

Ronald - I agree that was a bit BS on the whole he doesn't have a conviction so it isn't a big deal after all thing. 
  • kvruns said:
    The Laura and Aladin thing was weird because I always thought they seemed more stable than others despite what you would think on paper (older woman/young attractive guy). Her son is just .... weird....that's all I've got on him. 

I must not have been paying attention because I thought Deavan was planning to move back for a bit all along. I thought she was staying in Korea for a few months and then would be coming back to later get Drascilla? 

Ronald - I agree that was a bit BS on the whole he doesn't have a conviction so it isn't a big deal after all thing. 
    I don't think so.  I think the original plan was Deavan was moving to Korea.  Was going to spend a few months or so getting situated.  Because she knew she'd initially be living in his parents house, but had thought he'd shortly be getting their own apartment.  Then she was going to go back home for just a visit and bring Drascilla back with her.

Except, then she got to Korea, and discovered he'd misled her.  He's broke and nowhere near being a in a place where he can afford for them to live on their own.

I think she still lived there for a few months.  But then told Jihoon she was going back home with their baby, until he was able to get them their own place.

In the Tell-All, she'd said she already had plane tickets for her, the baby, and Drascilla to go to Korea.  To move there.  Because Jihoon had told her he had an apartment ready, or almost did.  Something like that.  Except she'd recently found out he'd lied again.  And didn't.  But the tickets were already purchased, so they were stuck going back.

She didn't say if they'd be staying for good or going back to the U.S. after a visit, if he still didn't get his own place.  I'd guess she didn't know herself at that point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm watching the Before the 90 Days and rolling my eyes so hard at the fact they are bringing Jesse in for the tell all. Give it up!
  • I started to FFW during the Cesar part bc I'm over him but then I stopped too soon and I'm glad I did. I won't spoil anything for those that haven't watched yet. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm watching the Before the 90 Days and rolling my eyes so hard at the fact they are bringing Jesse in for the tell all. Give it up!
    Me too!  That is MESSED UP and totally unnecessary/ridiculous.  Both on the part of TLC and Jesse should have refused.  But he's such an AW, of course he wouldn't refuse.

I'm glad Darcey at least knows to expect it.  I'm surprised the show didn't totally blindside her for better ratings.

What is up with her and Tom, though?  They had footage of the video call where he broke up with her.  They even arrived at the show separately.  But then in talking on the show it was a "we'll see" attitude.

I was excited that Rebecca and Zied got engaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tom looked better on the tell all than usual. But aside from that yea I don’t know what is going on there. I agree that I’m surprised TLC didn’t blindside her 
  • I recorded the first part of the tell all, but accidentally recorded the Pillow Talk version. So it seems I might have missed some things. Tom broke up with Darcey over the phone, but then said at the tell all that they are together? I'm so confused. 
  • Angela saying to Avery after the Jesse drama “do you need time to go cry ??” Lol 
  • I’m finally caught up!

tell-alls:

The whole Ronald criminal history/no visa thing IS for ratings.

Liam is sociopath. Aladdin does seem controlling though. 

Jenny is willing to go back to Sumit knowing he’s a liar.  He’s lied about so many things.  How is she supposed to know what the truth is?

i think Avery and Omar’s only option is to go to a safer country he’s allowed to go to.

Poor Ben.  I don’t totally get this whole bride price thing (I mean I get it get it) - will he just have to take a cash advance on a cc so he can go and be with his wife?

Laura is a nut job.  Sorry, Michael. 

Darcey seemed normal Behind the scenes. I know the drama is extra just for the show.  I wondered if Tom was the only one who flew in because TLC wasn’t paying for the flights and he was the only one who could afford it? - but them Jihoon showed up on the other tell all and he has no money....

my favorite couple is Rebecca and Zaid.  I like her despite her withholding that info.  Not saying she’s right but I see why she did it since they were both signed and filed, it just was not official.  I always see Rebecca driving the car.  Who’s car is it? Is it hers?  Because she parked it at the airport and then said goodbye so Ziad must have taken it over? So he can drive then? Why do we see her do the driving? 

• I forget why on the car but In their first episode there was an explanation for why she was renting the car and not him. 
  • When Rebecca arrived, Zied sprung it on her that he didn't have a car, and she would need to rent one. 

• @CharmedPam, My guess is the "if" the foreign person shows up for the Tell All(s) has more to do with which country they are coming from and if they can get a tourist visa.  It seems like there is a huge difference in how hard/easy it is to get a tourist visa that depends on a person's country of origin.

The Netherlands?  Probably pretty easy.  Hence Jesse keeps showing up like a bad penny, lol.  Actually, though, I think Jesse is currently living in NYC anyway.  At least he was, I don't know if he still is.

In the other Tell All that had Corey and Evelin, they did explain that Evelin couldn't attend because her previous tourist visa to the U.S. had been too recent to get another one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This season looks promising.  But we gotta bring Angela back?  Really? 

• Wait, is Angela on the new season!?!?
  • Is that because they are finally doing the actual visa? I feel like she's being stretched into too many versions of this show. Although I suppose they figure her abrasiveness is good for TV
  • Wait, is Angela on the new season!?!?
    Lol yeah they showed a preview clip of her screaming while getting botox and I was like “oh look, another Angela look-a-like” and then they showed her on the phone with Michael and I’m like “noooooo.  It’s the real thing”.

also, I had botox plenty of times.  And PRP.  And injections.  You’re overreacting, Angela. Big surprise. 

• I hate Angela. Ugh. 
  • I was actually excited to see that Angela is going to be on the new season, but that is only IIFFFFF, Michael actually has a K-1 Visa now and he will be the one coming to the U.S.  Especially since I already "know" him, as a tv viewer, I'm interested to see his reaction to the U.S.  I'm also curious if the dynamics between them will be different.

I also feel guilty, only slightly, that I'm excited there is a stereotypical couple to rip on, lol.  Older rich guy.  Brazilian model, barely out of her teens.  Yeah, dude.  You just keep on telling us and yourself about the "real connection" the two of you have, lol.

Generally, I'm not anti-May/Dec. romances.  But there is a huge difference in life experience between 20 and 40, as compared to 30 and 50.  So, while I suppose a genuine love and having things in common is not impossible, it's unlikely and I'm highly suspect about motives on both sides.  Which, tbh, is just fine and I don't blame them.  They're both getting what they want.  But, be real and call a spade, a spade!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • An actual rich person? Wow! I feel like on this show it's almost always people barely making ends meet to begin with but I figured they just go for those because it adds more drama vs someone who actually has money 
  • kvruns said:
    An actual rich person? Wow! I feel like on this show it's almost always people barely making ends meet to begin with but I figured they just go for those because it adds more drama vs someone who actually has money 
    Yeah!  That's why they need the extra fodder of the much younger paramour that he's been sending lots of money to ;).  Hmm.  The show said she was 20.  But, according to the Interwebz, she is 23.  Not much difference, but wanted to be accurate with my own info, lol.

He's a fine wine distributor or something like that.  Apparently I made some serious missteps in my own career, lol.

What's with the American (Emily) who's been living in Russia for 3 years, but can't even order tea in Russian?  That was pretty pathetic.  If I'm understanding Sasha's history correctly, he gets married.  Has an affair.  Gets his mistress pregnant.  Then leaves his wife for the mistress.  But, yes Emily, it will be "different" for you.  Of course it will.

I think the couple (Anna and Mursel) who met through their beekeeping was a pretty cool and unique story.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In my quick sleuthing about the new couples.  I also came across that Loren and Alexei just announced their pregnancy on Oct. 29th!  They've always been one of my all-time favorite 90D couples and I'm excited for them.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right?  Like Cesar had NO money and was being roped by maria. And now now Robert looks like Anny is using him for his money, which doesn't look like he has any.

Yes to the woman teaching in Russia.  I get that your an English teacher but you should know SOME Russian after 3 years. 

• Rich guy - he’s only 42?!? I thought he was in his 50s at first. At least they met in person first vs mail order bride I guess 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2019
    FL Uber Driver guy - he seems like an ass. He expects her to be taking care of his kid right when she arrives to earn her keep. His attitude was just weird. Maybe he’s just joking but it doesn’t seem that way 

Turkey bee keeper is a big goof running through the airport. He seems strange and not just a language barrier thing. She seems happy to see him but acts like she’s with a 5 year old 
  • I thought the same thing about the rich CT guy. How is he 42? I'm 39 and he looks ages older than me. 

SUPER pissed that Angela is back. But interested to see what happens when Michael get to the US. Also, Angela getting botox - LOL. 

The girl living in Russia for 3 years yet hardly knowing any Russian. How are people this dumb? Also, did she do no research on this town before she moved there??

The bee keeper couple are weird. I was cracking up when the friend he made in the airport showed up. 
  • Ok so the awkwardness between the bee keepers wasn’t just me? I kinda thought it may have been just because the cameras where on them?  Takes some time getting used to?

yes to the uber driver sticking his kid on her right away.  It’s almost like he’s looking for mom not a wife?

• kvruns said:
    FL Uber Driver guy - he seems like an ass. He expects her to be taking care of his kid right when she arrives to earn her keep. His attitude was just weird. Maybe he’s just joking but it doesn’t seem that way 

Turkey bee keeper is a big good running through the airport. He seems strange and not just a language barrier thing. She seems happy to see him but acts like she’s with a 5 year old 
    I already don't like Uber Driver guy for the same reason.  But I also don't like his DR woman.  She was the one who sent him lines of nothing but the angry emoji icon because he said he was going to send her money and didn't.  Though, according to him, he sent the money.  She just couldn't pick it up because of an ID issue.  Either way, sending out dozens of the same emoji is about as immature as it gets.  Not to mention being that angry because she wants money is NOT a good sign!

I agree about the Turkey guy.  He does seem "off".  I was trying to chalk it up to a language/cultural barrier.  Plus we haven't gotten to "know" him much yet.  But yeah.  His initial impression is that he's a bit odd and doesn't pick up on things very well.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very true about DR lady, I forgot about the angry emoji thing. They both just sound bad