Wedding Woes

Oh Monday.

I had a helluva weekend.  I ended up in Urgent Care on Friday with what I now know was a gallbladder flare up.  I was miserable as hell.  Just called this morning and the surgeon can't get me in for a consult until next Monday.  I'm hoping I make it that long; I've had daily discomfort and I just want this thing OUT.  NOW.  Looking back, this has been going on for about 6 weeks.  I'm just hoping insurance won't force me into the HIDA scan and that we can just move before the end of the year, since I should've met my deductible with this UC visit.

I spent the rest of the weekend sitting on my couch, downing ibuprofen, Zofran, GasX, and saltines basically.  I'm going back to my vegan meal plan until this is all finished with, just to try and avoid any of the triggers.  Some of this is my fault; I've been super lazy with cooking/eating healthy for awhile now and just need to get it back under control.

How was everyone else?

Re: Oh Monday.

• That sucks, @VarunaTT, hopefully you can get it taken care of and soon! Before the year end would be ideal. 

weekend was good. Went in for an oil change on Saturday but found out I need new brakes.  I’m not going with the original quoter, someone on the phone gave me a max price still cheaper than theirs and said they would need to see the rotors and try to save them.  I felt more at ease with them. It’s only a 2017.  I don’t drive a hole lot but yeah I do have a lot if stop/start city driving.

I also had a group of friends over yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I hate pre packaged potato salad so I made a batch of my own.  Don’t want to toot my own horn - but I will.  It was REALLY good!  40 and never made potato salad before.  I know.  Who am I?  I will say that hosting this took a lot out of me and my back was KiLLING me.  I did 1/2 of the cleaning last night and was finishing up the other half at 6 this morning.  Fun.  Worth it.  Just a lot of work. 

• That sucks @VarunaTT. And fatty, fried, unhealthy food is all the best food. I hope you feel better. 

My weekend was pretty good. I got canceled on Friday, which would have been my last day of work, so that felt weird. I did have to go in to talk to my manager so I saw some people I’m really going to miss and told them goodbye. And I also saw people who I am so glad I’ll never have to work with (hopefully) again. I cleared out my locker, sent an official email with my two weeks, and then I was out. I still feel odd. 

FSIL and her FI came over this weekend. It was pretty fun. Today I’m picking up the house, and hopefully I can get my schedule for starting work next week. I am too type A to not know for much longer. I’m going to use this week to make a sleep/wake schedule since I currently don’t really have one and I don’t want to be smacked in the face with it next week while I’m trying to learn a new role. 

• @VarunaTT I'm surprised they didn't just schedule in that night :O Also be careful. My granny had her gallbladder out because cucumber was a random trigger. Hopefully you get in a.s.a.p! Not fun :(

Low key weekend.
    Saturday was the Santa parade by us, but there was a wind, and we just didn't feel like risking it. Tbh I was fine with not going. BabyKitten would have gotten cold face and MIL/SFIL nor my mum wanted to come watch with us - which would have made it more interesting.

Idk if BabyKitten is slowly weening off bottles, but she hasn't been taking much and going to bed easier. I know Her 18m appt, the dr is gonna give us shit about it. I think in March, we'll really crack down on it. I know there's some time we'll be off and can afford being exhausted lmao

Sunday we had considered going out, but M had errands to do that we just figured he'll do while BabyKitten naps. Unfortunately it took the entire time, so I'm kinda pissed because he was suppose to fix the cable box so I could watch "This is Us"
    I may just cave and stay up a bit later watching an ep tonight. I'm so behind.

Our PS4 is dying, so after M and I chatted a bit, we're gonna go look at PS4 Pro
    The PS5 isn't coming out for another year, and this may not last a month, so we wanna get a new one and old info backed up before it won't let us even turn it on.
  • Wait - what did cucumber to to your grandma’s gallbladder @MissKittyDanger
    @Levioosa very smart to get your sleep schedule in now!

• It’s Monday and I’m back to my normal running schedule after taking the week to recover. I probably could have used a few more days but I’m already feeling a little puffy. 

@VarunaTT; are you able to take time off or are you roughing it at work? 
  • @VarunaTT - Gallbladder pain is the worst.  I had to wait a month for my surgery and I survived on all the starch - mashed potatoes, rice and pasta.  No meat, fat or greasy for me.  I had mine removed laparoscopic and had a week at home before returning to work.  Hope all works out well for you.

My weekend was weird.  I took of work Friday and did a bit of errands and shopping.  DH had a short work day but I did get some time just to veg by myself which was sorely needed.  Saturday I went to an all day conference to earn CEUs for my certification.  The event was good but it felt like a work day.  Sunday DH, SIL and myself drove up to see my other SIL who is in an respiratory rehab hospital.  She was glad we came to visit and she's made enough progress to be off the ventilator and have a speaker valve for about 15 mins at a time.  It was the first time we've heard her speak in a month.  Slow progress but good.  

DH got the first injection of the shingles vaccine Thursday morning and was feeling feverish and had flu-like symptoms Friday and Saturday.  Thankfully he's feeling better now.  He has the booster in 3-4 months so he'll need to plan in case he has the side effects again.  I'm eligible for the vaccine too and should get it.  Side effects are better than shingles any day.

Sounds like I will be getting a new manager at work.  The job posting up and I know they have someone in mind.  Will be interesting to see who gets chosen.
  • @VarunaTT, oh no!  I'm sorry to hear about the gallbladder problem.  Talk about ruining the weekend.  I hope you can hang in there, until the surgery consult and everything works out with the insurance/end of the year.

@CharmedPam, you're the bomb!  I've never made potato salad before either.  It seems like too much work, lol.  But I'm picky and love a good potato salad.  So it is a conundrum.  When I think of pre-packaged, especially from a grocery store, I think of the stuff that is that creepy NEON yellow color and has tons of sugar.  So it's more sweet tasting than savory.

My weekend was okay.  But with more "meh" than I was expecting.  I worked hours too late on Friday.  I didn't feel well for most of Sat.  Sunday was better.  And, on top of all that, my continually problematic tenant...yet again...didn't pay the overdue rent she'd promised to pay on Fri.  So we'll be filing for an eviction AGAIN either today or tomorrow.

For a timeline and a vent.  She was the one we filed for an eviction for last month.  She finally paid the majority of what was due and begged us to let her stay, because she just needed a little more time to catch up.  But it was after we had already filed, so then she needed to pay the non-refundable eviction fee also.  That left her total due, including Nov., at $1160.  Which she promised she could absolutely pay by Nov. 17th.  The whole thing, by herself.  Then she roped the Salvation Army in for emergency assistance and they paid $500.  Great!  Now she only owes $661.

She's working a f/t job now and, supposedly, a p/t job on top of that.  So that shouldn't be any problem for her.  Except, it's now been over 3 weeks since the last time she paid anything herself.  She would have had 2-4 paychecks by now.  Yeeetttt she has sent nothing.  I seriously don't know what people are thinking sometimes!  This is her housing she is f**king around with. But if she doesn't care, then neither do I.  The only things I can think of is maybe she lost her f/t job and/or is looking for another place because she knows she has worn out her suckering with me.

Thanks for letting me vent!   Other than that, a busy day at work today, but nothing too heinous or stressful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT I'm so sorry about the gallbladder.   My dad had gallbladder attacks for nearly a decade until it was finally diagnosed.   My aunt's situation was very swift and she had one attack and a removal about 6 weeks later.   Ditto the others that what helped her in the interim were low fat and low spice diets.   She tried veggies only but went heavy on the spicy peppers and had another attack so bland foods were unfortunately what worked. 

Weekend was OK.  DS is testing me and stares at me blankly after I ask him to do something and then does what he wants anyway.   I do not get it.   He's such a lovable child but this is making me crazy!

We have our big party this weekend.   I need to shake this cold NOW and then DS and I need to get shopping.   Ever year I try to get it more under control and every year I still feel like we're frantic the day of. 
  • @short+sassy you are being so understanding with this person.  If she's this bad with money though the eviction sounds like it's in your best financial interest.   
    All of that smacks of either poor money management, or signs that there are other factors that contribute to her spending issues.   Neither of them are sounding good for you.
  • feel better @VarunaTT

PSA to those with a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop around them. They have a Santa's village with a free picture with Santa and lots of other activities (toys and crafts) all for free. Nice way to spend some time. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, I was about to post that you should wait a little on the PS4 because Black Friday deals are about to be happening and game systems are commonly on that list.  But then I remembered you are in Canada, lol.  Still, though.  There might be the same offers on company websites.  Plus Cyber Monday follows BF and all the online retailers will get in on it also.  Hopefully they are not stingy and will include Canada.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, everyone.  I've switched back to my vegan meal plan and I'm trying to be careful re: spices.  The only "I know this is a trigger" is the movie popcorn, but I'm assuming that's b/c it's a huge fat and grease bomb.  But dairy has always been problematic for me, so I'm avoiding that just in case.  My consult will be next Monday.  I'm trying not to be a baby about it, b/c I just want it over with already!  I am at work b/c really I'm mostly okay now, just a bit uncomfortable in my abdomen area.

They didn't schedule surgery b/c I was in Urgent Care, not the ER.  Now, I wish I had gone to the ER, b/c they probably would've just done it.  But I can do a "save my spot" for the UC and waited at home until it was close to time; the idea of having to spend maybe hours of waiting in the actual ER lobby was more than I could handle at the time.  I consider myself rather stoic in emergency type times, but I was a mess with this pain.

This is the 4th episode, TBH, but I just thought it was constipation the first time.  The next 2 times is when I figured out it was the popcorn and was starting to suspect diverticulitis.  This last time was the time it was bad enough that I knew I needed help (I was seriously dehydrated) and that's where they caught it.  It never occurred to me it would be my gallbladder, though my mother has reminded me that basically every single woman in our family had it removed around this age.

@banana468 I cannot imagine a decade of this.  I burst into tears 2x, once on the triage nurse and one on my good friend who was with me, b/c I was just so damn miserable and in pain. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Thanks, everyone.  I've switched back to my vegan meal plan and I'm trying to be careful re: spices.  The only "I know this is a trigger" is the movie popcorn, but I'm assuming that's b/c it's a huge fat and grease bomb.  But dairy has always been problematic for me, so I'm avoiding that just in case.  My consult will be next Monday.  I'm trying not to be a baby about it, b/c I just want it over with already!  I am at work b/c really I'm mostly okay now, just a bit uncomfortable in my abdomen area.

They didn't schedule surgery b/c I was in Urgent Care, not the ER.  Now, I wish I had gone to the ER, b/c they probably would've just done it.  But I can do a "save my spot" for the UC and waited at home until it was close to time; the idea of having to spend maybe hours of waiting in the actual ER lobby was more than I could handle at the time.  I consider myself rather stoic in emergency type times, but I was a mess with this pain.

This is the 4th episode, TBH, but I just thought it was constipation the first time.  The next 2 times is when I figured out it was the popcorn and was starting to suspect diverticulitis.  This last time was the time it was bad enough that I knew I needed help (I was seriously dehydrated) and that's where they caught it.  It never occurred to me it would be my gallbladder, though my mother has reminded me that basically every single woman in our family had it removed around this age.

@banana468 I cannot imagine a decade of this.  I burst into tears 2x, once on the triage nurse and one on my good friend who was with me, b/c I was just so damn miserable and in pain. 
    I am not sure of exactly what my dad went through but he insists that his attacks started in around 1990 and he had his gallbladder out in 1999.   He felt AWFUL. 
  • That’s awesome @NBSquared2017 congratulations!!!!
  • We reached an agreement on a home! It’s so perfect and we are so excited!! The homeowner has been so amazing and we couldn’t be more thrilled! 

So much paperwork, but it’s worth it! 
    That's awesome!  I'm glad you all found the perfect house so quickly.  Good luck with the inspection (no whammies).

You think the paperwork is bad now.  Wait until closing ;), lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Varuna - I hope that you get some further relief soon and are able to schedule quickly with the surgeon!

NB - Congrats on the house!  Fingers crossed for a smooth closing!

We had a busy weekend but was also very productive!  This weekend we are starting to integrate using an OK to Wake clock with DD.  She has a bit to go before she has it down, but overall she did well!  Saturday we went to Amish Mart for breakfast and other goodies.  We then made Target & Lowes stops.  Once we got home, H & I set to do a few small jobs around the house.  We got the hose reel and house numbers reattached to the house!  I also got the support for our patio door's curtain rod put in place.  H also changed two upstairs light switches.  We also went to Church.

Sunday we had BIL/SIL, MIL/BF over for dinner.  This was the first time we were all together after SIL told us to leave their house after a family tiff in August.  H just wanted to put it all behind him, but BIL was being an unappreciative ass about things.  So that was fun.  The gathering was for his birthday and we even made his favorite food.  He never did get his birthday gift from us!  We will see how we go from here.   Thankfully, BIL works Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day.  So the next time we have to see him is when my family has their Seven Fishes celebration after Christmas.  There will also be more people to act as a buffer.  
  • Congrats @NBSquared2017

i laughed at baby mullet @sparklepants41

• Wow @ei34 that’s way too much togetherness! Did they put the young ones down for a nap at all? I’d never stay at someone’s place that long 
  • @CharmedPam According to the dr, apparently your body can react to something and it's basically the 'catalyst' to emerg surgery. For my granny, she just happened to have cucumber. She refuses to have cucumber since :') 

@short+sassy  We get Black Friday deals :P many are on now so we're not gonna bother waiting

@NBSquared2017 Congrats! :)

@sparklepants41 we're at vague mullet and I wish the front of her hair would grow faster. Yay BabyPants for being good :)

@kvruns I love they had options :) I know the one we'll be seeing has sensory days for kids who just can't handle certain things, but I know last year the Santa was so good with BabyKitten :) 
  • We reached an agreement on a home! It’s so perfect and we are so excited!! The homeowner has been so amazing and we couldn’t be more thrilled! 

So much paperwork, but it’s worth it! 
    That's awesome!  I'm glad you all found the perfect house so quickly.  Good luck with the inspection (no whammies).

You think the paperwork is bad now.  Wait until closing ;), lol.  
    Speaking of closing paperwork, this one was really bizarre on the last deal I closed.  I may have already mentioned it to you all, so sorry if I'm being repetitive.

I had to "prove" I could read/write English fluently.  I'm pretty sure the "rationale" specifically mentioned English.  They had a paragraph, about 6 long sentences, and I had to rewrite it.  But what was hilarious to me was, as long as the language I spoke had the same Arabic characters that English uses (ie Spanish, French, German, etc.), I could just as quickly have jotted it down.  Even if I had no idea what the words meant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker