Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Wedding Day Gifts

Hi all,

Would love to know when bridal party gifts were given to your bridesmaids. More specifically, pajamas/robes for them to wear. I know a lot of people dislike robes very much, and for good reason but I still know people give them, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Disclaimer: I got my bridesmaids each a luxury pajama set (shorts and button up shirt) to get ready for on the morning of my wedding. 

We will be getting married about 3 hours away from where we live, and we will be heading up to the town our venue is in on the Monday or Tuesday before our wedding, and all of my bridesmaids will be arriving by Wednesday. Since its a destination for approximately 70% of our guest list, most of our guests will also be coming up the week before, including my Fiancés entire extended family. I am wanting to have everything (as much as possible) done the week before our wedding so that I can really try to enjoy our time with friends and family because it will be the only time we'll all be together!

Anyways, I am wanting to have my bridal party gifts wrapped before we even leave for the venue earlier in the week so that theres no chance of them seeing anything, and also so that its one less thing I'll need to do that week. I am giving them each a pajama set, a bracelet that they'll wear at the wedding, a wine tumbler with their name on it, and then a personalized gift for each person (as you would with a normal birthday gift, etc.). We will all be staying at the same resort, and will be getting ready on the first floor in the "Bridal Ready Room". Originally I had planned on giving them these items once they arrived in the morning for hair and makeup (and breakfast!), but now I'm wondering if it makes more sense to wrap their pajamas separately and give those to them first thing in the morning before they head down to the Bridal Room. I just think its one less thing for them all to worry about (as well as have to schlep back to their actual rooms at the end of the day), and I feel its sort of awkward to hand them an outfit to go change into once they have already arrived in something. The other option was giving the pajama sets to them at the rehearsal dinner? I feel like thats sort of a strange gift to hand them though, and there'll be other people around who I'm sure will be watching also. Or I could give them the sets after the rehearsal dinner once we are back at the hotel? If I gave the pajamas to them prior to when they arrive in the Bridal Room, I could just have their other gifts waiting in the room for them? Yikes, I'm the worst. 

I know I am definitely overthinking this - its just something that I do. But I would love to know what ya'll did, and if you would recommend the same. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Bridesmaid Wedding Day Gifts

• Hi all,

Would love to know when bridal party gifts were given to your bridesmaids. More specifically, pajamas/robes for them to wear. I know a lot of people dislike robes very much, and for good reason but I still know people give them, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Disclaimer: I got my bridesmaids each a luxury pajama set (shorts and button up shirt) to get ready for on the morning of my wedding. 

We will be getting married about 3 hours away from where we live, and we will be heading up to the town our venue is in on the Monday or Tuesday before our wedding, and all of my bridesmaids will be arriving by Wednesday. Since its a destination for approximately 70% of our guest list, most of our guests will also be coming up the week before, including my Fiancés entire extended family. I am wanting to have everything (as much as possible) done the week before our wedding so that I can really try to enjoy our time with friends and family because it will be the only time we'll all be together!

Anyways, I am wanting to have my bridal party gifts wrapped before we even leave for the venue earlier in the week so that theres no chance of them seeing anything, and also so that its one less thing I'll need to do that week. I am giving them each a pajama set, a bracelet that they'll wear at the wedding, a wine tumbler with their name on it, and then a personalized gift for each person (as you would with a normal birthday gift, etc.). We will all be staying at the same resort, and will be getting ready on the first floor in the "Bridal Ready Room". Originally I had planned on giving them these items once they arrived in the morning for hair and makeup (and breakfast!), but now I'm wondering if it makes more sense to wrap their pajamas separately and give those to them first thing in the morning before they head down to the Bridal Room. I just think its one less thing for them all to worry about (as well as have to schlep back to their actual rooms at the end of the day), and I feel its sort of awkward to hand them an outfit to go change into once they have already arrived in something. The other option was giving the pajama sets to them at the rehearsal dinner? I feel like thats sort of a strange gift to hand them though, and there'll be other people around who I'm sure will be watching also. Or I could give them the sets after the rehearsal dinner once we are back at the hotel? If I gave the pajamas to them prior to when they arrive in the Bridal Room, I could just have their other gifts waiting in the room for them? Yikes, I'm the worst. 

I know I am definitely overthinking this - its just something that I do. But I would love to know what ya'll did, and if you would recommend the same. Thanks in advance! 
    I would give them everything at the rehearsal dinner. This is what I did, and how I’ve received gifts for each wedding I’ve been in as well. Things get crazy the day of, people have different bags/stuff with them and it’s all one less thing to keep track of. 

I’m glad you’re doing individualized gifts this is hands down the best way to thank you bridal party. Thankfully, matching robes/pjs are bit big with my friends and I’ve never been asked to do that because I’m 100% more comfortable in my own clothes than something someone else picked out for me. My biggest advice would be to please not make it mandatory for your WP to wear these. If they’re into it, great but if not please just tell them to wear whatever they are comfortable wearing. 
  • Give them at the RD and do it discreetly, since it could be awkward for the other attendees.
  • Thank you so much for the reply! Definitely will not making wearing anything they don't want to mandatory! That being said, each of them has privately asked if I was "doing robes" and seemed genuinely sad when I simply told them no, so I think they will all be excited about the sets!
  • So, I am going to disagree with the rehearsal dinner suggestion regarding pajamas.   I wear almost nothing without washing it first.  I would want them early enough to allow me to wash them prior to wearing them.  
  • I'm going to echo that giving the pajamas in advance sounds like a better idea.   Then they can be washed and tried on in the privacy of their rooms.   

I think you're handling it nicely by giving them gifts that are personalized to their tastes and would give the non-pajama items at the RD.  

• MobKaz said:
    So, I am going to disagree with the rehearsal dinner suggestion regarding pajamas.   I wear almost nothing without washing it first.  I would want them early enough to allow me to wash them prior to wearing them.  
    This is a great idea! My only concern is that I won't actually be seeing them until the week of the wedding (we all live in different states, one on the other side of the country), and we'll all be staying in a hotel all week. Is it weird if I wash the sets prior to giving them to them? Or is it too weird to have someone else pre-wash something for you, and would be better off just not washing them? I could potentially ask the resort we are staying at about using their laundry machines - I've never done that before though so I'm not quite sure how that works, and I am sure that can get spendy (I'd feel awful giving a gift that they would have to turn around and spend money on to use). Or I could maybe provide laundry soap and they could wash them in the tub or sink? I do think a few of my BM's would want them washed before wearing.
  • If this is the case, why not mention the jammies and see if they'd like them washed?