Wedding Woes

Below Deck: Med

1235»

Re: Below Deck: Med

• Meanwhile, Ashton tried to makeout with Kate, and is probably pissed she didn't go for it. 
  • OMG.  I just watched it and LOL'd at so many moments.  I cannot wait! 
  • This episodes yikes the fighting is ridiculous. I’m surprised no one has fallen down the stairs and broken something with how drunk they are after going out each week. 

Drunk Kate leaving made me chuckle a bit 
  • How, HOW is Ashton worse than Chandler was last year?!  I hate the word 'bru'.  

Why is Kate trying to fuck with Tanner (per the previews)? God he just becomes a bigger meathead each time his mouth moves. 

Courtney continues to please me, except for her relationship with Brian.  But that looks to be hitting the skids next week.  

Simone needs to stop whining.  You were given a performance review.  Have you tried doing your job better?  The only thing I will give her is that Kate should have communicated to them who was going to the beach.  But if Simone was supposed to be 'on' then that's the job.  

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, you're a fucking moron.  His butthurt is strong. 
  • What did you guys think about the "chef to chef" convo. Kevin didn't react appropriately but i thought that was weird. probably just staged for the show but still.  I forget her background, is she a personal chef or restaurant chef? 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2020
    I believe she has a restaurant in Charleston.  The conversation was weird, but Kevin was totally rude and inappropriate to her.  Furthermore, he has been a fuck up this season.  Not as epic as other chefs, but if he didn't have Courtney there reminding him of a preference sheets, he'd be serving up some bullshit no one asked for or specifically said they don't want.  He was under-ordering stuff at the the beginning of the season (remember the seafood, non-extravaganza?) and has had some pretty basic menus.  So maybe it was for drama, but it further highlighted how he belongs in the corner with the rest of the men from this season who are just the worst

He's been so awful that we can't even make fun of preferences for 'no teflon pans' and other supremely ridiculous requests.  And we haven't even full appreciated how much everyone hates Jamie and do not want her there at all.  She's definitely up there with some of the most ridiculous guests they've had on the show. 
  • The Jamie thing is so weird. I also think the whole room thing was just strange because when you're booking the trip wouldn't you know what the room situation/bed situation was and i'd make sure that was cleared with everyone I was inviting before doing so. it is funny how everyone on the trip hates her. i feel like that happens with big group trips sometimes!
  • I am also rolling my eyes at the "let's get rid of Rhylee thing" when they only have 6 days left. Can't you survive a week? Or maybe she wouldn't want to be there any more anyway if she's not happy with how she's being treated. I can't quite figure her out anyway
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2020
    kvruns said:
    The Jamie thing is so weird. I also think the whole room thing was just strange because when you're booking the trip wouldn't you know what the room situation/bed situation was and i'd make sure that was cleared with everyone I was inviting before doing so. it is funny how everyone on the trip hates her. i feel like that happens with big group trips sometimes!
    She was presented as the cousin of one of the primaries. She supposedly took to social media to explain that she'd just met the rest of the people on the trip and wasn't friends with the guest she was supposed to share a room/bed with and furthermore, that they'd been given some sort of schematic for the boat which had more rooms/showing everyone having their own space.  I mean I don't put it past production to fuck with people, especially since these people get a heavy discount for the trip because they agree to be filmed. However Jamie's reaction was terrible and if she had the problem with the sleeping arrangement, she should have taken one for the team and went to the sky lounge. 
  • edited January 2020
    Jamie acted like an asshole. You couldn't share a room for TWO nights? She should have been the one to sleep in the lounge then. 

All the men on board (except Captain Lee) are such trash. Also agree that they can't deal with Rhylee for six days? SIX? 

ETA: Ashton has no business being a bosun. 

• ETA: Ashton has no business being a bosun. 
    Ashton needs an outside manager for his dick, so he definitely cannot be anyone's boss. 

What sucks is that I thought he was pretty decent last season.  I mean Chandler helped that, but his piggish ways weren't on full display.  Clearly his 'fan favorite' status, almost losing his life (which, um...Rhylee was on the back of the boat with him and her alerting the boat saved his life, along with the brave camera guy), and then the promotion has went to his head and he's turned into the worst version of himself. 
  • Just caught up. Alexis as a charter guest was so cringey and embarrassing. 

The men are awful. I hate all of them. 
  • OMG, Alexis was ridic. Now I remember why I always cringe when people float bringing her back in order to revamp RHOC.  No, do.not.want. She was OK in her scenes with Emily, but that was enough Alexis.  I'd rather see Gretchen than her.

The men are horrific.  The women aren't angels, but I understand them all being a little batty with these 'brus' around.  The ignoring Rhylee shit was so childish and I honestly understand why she's bubbling with rage under the surface all.the.time. She cannot open her mouth without being told she's wrong even when her suggestion/assessment is completely correct. 

I'm not completely understanding Kate's arc.  I do think she's coming to the end of her yachting career.  From what I understand she's got her own stuff on land business-wise and I won't be surprised if she quits yachting, but finds a way to still keep herself out there in the Bravo ethos (a podcast or whatever).  While I like her and Lee's relationship, I am OK with a new chief stew and even a new captain to shake it up.

I love Courtney and would not be upset if she came back again.  Her deadpan is excellent.  And then there's Simone...I really want to like her.  And there are times I really do, but I feel like she's trying too hard to push drama and she's not selling it. 
  • I'm so glad Below Deck is over.  The best one of the whole crew was Courtney, IMO.  Everyone else acted like crazy people.  Simone was probably second place, but I was tired of seeing her petty about Kate. 

I love BD: Sailing.  I do find the divide between the crew that is on the boat all the time and the new people interesting.  I have questions about the couple.  Especially their age gap, since he worked for her parents before they went to this boat together.  He definitely looks like he could be 25 or 45.  I feel like this captain is going to be way more in the mix with the crew.

I am feeling the relationship developing between the chief stew and Chef Adam.  I enjoy their mutual bitch sessions.  I hope they become work besties and stay snarky through the season. 
  • Imrsconn23 said:
    I'm so glad Below Deck is over.  The best one of the whole crew was Courtney, IMO.  Everyone else acted like crazy people.  Simone was probably second place, but I was tired of seeing her petty about Kate. 

I love BD: Sailing.  I do find the divide between the crew that is on the boat all the time and the new people interesting.  I have questions about the couple.  Especially their age gap, since he worked for her parents before they went to this boat together.  He definitely looks like he could be 25 or 45.  I feel like this captain is going to be way more in the mix with the crew.

I am feeling the relationship developing between the chief stew and Chef Adam.  I enjoy their mutual bitch sessions.  I hope they become work besties and stay snarky through the season. 
    I was a bit iffy about Courtney in the beginning. The editing made her look bratty in the first couple of episodes, but she turned out to be great!

I'm obsessed with BD sailing!! Can we talk about how weird it is that the couple lived on the boat for 9 months and had nothing done? I would be so angry if I were the crew. 

I don't know if I could sail - it seems a little erratic for me
  • I didn't realize there was a new series. We just switched to Sling TV and my H set up all the DVRs but I bet he only did the Below Deck that I had been watching that just ended. Hmm
  • kvruns said:
    I didn't realize there was a new series. We just switched to Sling TV and my H set up all the DVRs but I bet he only did the Below Deck that I had been watching that just ended. Hmm
    It just started last week! 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2020
    I missed episode 1 but have it going now from 2 on. Maybe I can’t get into it bc I missed the first one but I’m not loving it thus far. 

Why was the other couple on the boat for 9 months? Do they own it and lived on it themselves ?

it is interesting that the captain went out with them and he shares a cabin too