Flowers

Should I get some tall flower centerpieces?

I was set with my short centerpieces long ago. They will be round gold vases with burgundy, blush and white flowers with some greenery surrounded by gold votive candles. 
I knew this was it until...we went to my venue’s open house and they had tall centerpieces and we really liked them. It didn’t help that our moms gushed over them saying it gave a wow factor. 

Now I’m wondering if I should spend extra money on tall centerpieces? They want to give us money to make it look better but does my venue really need it? Would it be okay without the tall centerpieces? 

Mock up but it will be my wedding colors

My venue yesterday. We can change the lighting of the room. Our moms loved this one but I don’t think it’ll match our vibe? Maybe opt for something gold and tall with our flower colors... or maybe just stick with short ones.

Re: Should I get some tall flower centerpieces?

• Personally, I'm not a fan of tall centerpieces. IME, they tend to block your guests views, and make it hard for everyone at the table to converse. I think your lower centerpieces are great. 
  • Personally, I would stick with the lower centerpieces. Tall ones can look very beautiful, but they can also make it harder for guests to see what's going on and to talk to each other during dinner. I can assure you I only had lower centerpieces at my wedding and it looked lovely. I didn't feel I missed out at all by not having taller ones.
  • I agree with PPs that the taller centerpieces can sometimes be problematic. I also don't think it is necessary to spend the extra money. Centerpieces don't last very long and what would you don with them anyway. I'm just not a fan of spending the money.
  • I do really like the look of alternating centerpieces, fiance likes the tall one also. I think what I MIGHT do is alternate them and make them more cohesive.

Include a hygrangea in both centerpieces that are burgundy, clear vases, and white lights. We'll see. Not sure if it's worth the hassle yet. I'm just afraid of my place looking too plain if I have nothing that's a "wow' factor lol. Maybe use the money towards a fun photobooth instead, ahhh decision decisions. #firstworldproblems
  • I do really like the look of alternating centerpieces, fiance likes the tall one also. I think what I MIGHT do is alternate them and make them more cohesive.

Include a hygrangea in both centerpieces that are burgundy, clear vases, and white lights. We'll see. Not sure if it's worth the hassle yet. I'm just afraid of my place looking too plain if I have nothing that's a "wow' factor lol. Maybe use the money towards a fun photobooth instead, ahhh decision decisions. #firstworldproblems
    Yeah, no one besides you (and maybe parents) actually care about a "wow" factor. And if they do notice extra cool flowers, what's the benefit? It's "Wow, that centerpiece is pretty!" and then they move on immediately to wondering whether the bar is open. I think something that will make the party more fun is a better use of money.
  • As a guest... I'd rather have an extra dessert, larger slice of cake, better entre' selection, etc. FWIW - yea, looks really cool, but it's really not worth the added expense...
  • i agree with you here i mean the flowers are good looking but a slice of cake is always better