Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

In Suite Reception Help!

Hi everyone! First time posting to TK, but my fiance and I are wanting to get married in Las Vegas and have our reception in-suite. The issue? We have 55-60 people on our guest list (11 kids, 13 total under 21), and it's difficult to find a suite that can accommodate everyone should we get 100% RSVP, which is almost expected at this point. 50 people at the absolute least. I've seen that some people have had 50+ in the Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay, but it doesn't look as if that's an option on their website anymore. They do have the Media Suite, though. I was looking at the MGM Skyline Terrace too, but someone said that it would be way too small for a party larger than 35.

I'm also worried about whichever place we book at potentially breaking up the party since we are planning to bring in our own F&B. I'm aware of the "don't ask, don't tell" unspoken policy on here, but I can't lie about it making me just a little uneasy. So if anyone has any personal experience or advice to offer here, I'd appreciate it! When our guest list was smaller and non-inclusive of children, we were looking at the Wraparound Terrace Suite at the Cosmopolitan, which was actually kind of perfect because they confirmed with me that we would be fine bringing in our own F&B since it would be in the privacy of our own suite. But with a larger party, this likely won't accommodate us well if everyone RSVPs.

We were planning on having the reception end by 8pm, if that helps any. I've heard MB does security checks at 9pm in the suites. Is anyone able to confirm?

Re: In Suite Reception Help!

• Options
    Hello!  I used this forum to plan every second of my perfect in suite Vegas wedding and I was so grateful!  Time to pay it forward!

Granted, yes I got married a few years ago BUT

We had our in suite in a Vista Suite (which you said wasn't available anymore?).  Zero problems with getting tons of booze in there, we even had extra tables and a dance floor put in from an outside vendor.  Our food was catered by Masterpiece Catering and they set up stations throughout the suite....zero problem with them coming in.  We had a DJ (DJ Godzilla) set up his lights and speakers and equipment...zero issues!  No one bothered us once and we had 30 guests.  I think you could have fit 20 more in there...maybe a tight squeeze but still do able!

Also, in our wedding search we considered the Starlight Suite at the Orleans.  The prices were affordable and it's a 2500 sq foot suite.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Cool to hear Godzilla is still around; he was regularly recommended back in 2010 when I was planning our wedding.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Hi,

I’m getting married in Vegas in September, coming from the UK. We have the ceremony booked in the flamingo & exploring options for dinner after at either restaurants or in suite. We really like the idea of in suite with outside caterers and there has been lots of recommendations from 4-5 years ago. I just wondered if you went ahead in 2020 and how you got on?! Thanks!