Wedding Woes

Wacky Wednesday

That's today's theme at my kids' school's virtual spirit week...I appreciate the alliteration but it's been pretty dang wacky for a while now.
@VarunaTT good luck with your soul searching
Wishing everyone a healthy day!

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• I'm having a hard time remembering what day it is. 

We started Tiger King on Netflix. Anyone else watching? I had listened to the podcast a few months back. So good, so crazy. 

I'm actually going into the office tomorrow and Friday. And I'm weirdly looking forward to it. 
  • I'm out of fucks to give today.  I came in at 830 after stopping for breakfast, b/c screw this place.  Definition of disgruntled employee right here.

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • WFH is getting to people; was just on a call and people were far more openly angry (for no reason) than I’ve seen in a while. We’re on week 3 and I think folks are just having a hard time adjusting. 

I slept much better last night than I have in a long time so I’m taking it as a win! Also H is almost done with the laundry room so I’m hoping by the week I can put everything back in there and have my living room back. Also, my house is so much cleaner than it’s been in A WHILE because we’re both home and can’t stand the mess. So I’m better than I have been the last few days. Far less cranky, too but that could be the BCBC this morning. 
  • My parents live with my uncle and cousin, and both of them were not taking COVID seriously and are now feeling flu-ish.  I've never wanted someone to have the regular flu so much in my life.  My parents are going to try to stick to the areas of the house that are just theirs, but they share a kitchen at the very least.  If it's COVID, there is no way they are avoiding it.

• I don't remember what day it is either.  I have to think about it when I wake up. 

@climbingwife, we binged ALL of Tiger King on Saturday.  I also listened to the podcast.  I feel like the podcast didn't do the insanity justice and also, it was a little too sympathetic to Carole.  There's like, 3, redeemable humans on the show.  It's quite the circus.  LOL

Last night I had some HS friends posting on FB about HS (it was one of those fill out and share things) and someone said something about the cafeteria bagel sandwiches from HS.  I was telling DH last week about these sandwiches.  I'm sure they were crap, but it was a fond memory.  So it was funny to see that I was not the only person obsessed with them back in the day.  

My dreams have been weird lately. 

SSDD otherwise.  Just trying to keep my wits about me, control what I can control. and take care of my family.  It's tiring though. 

• Wfh is .... okay.
    I got a lot done yesterday. Took a list of stuff from approx 50 to 18 :) which is good.
    I'm going to focus on that list this week and another next week.

Right now it doesn't look like I'm going back until after Easter minimum.

BabyKitten was put in toddler seat for lunch at daycare, so we opted to swap her to one here.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-IfuNUlQqV/

She's very excited.
    All cheers, all the time lol

She's actually just in a diaper here because she spilt pouch all over herself
  • I'm also losing track of what day it is. I thought it was Thursday this morning, and am not excited. My normal WFH pattern has morphed into a series of video chats. I'm happy for the human interaction, but I still refuse to wear makeup. I'm hoping that the upside of all this is a few weeks without makeup will improve my complexion. After 10 days, the jury is still out. 

I'm still worried about you, too @VarunaTT. Your employer is pissing me off. (I'll be happy to tell them that.)

I'm also pissed at Hobby Lobby. They're refusing to close and refusing to pay sick time for employees that don't come in. I've been boycotting them for years anyway, but I hope they go out of business. Such bullshit. 
  • In answer to the question, "What does my dog do all day while I'm at work?"  She lays around.  Just like when I'm at home, lol.

I like WFH, to an extent.  But it feels more isolating than I was expecting.  And it just started!  Other than that, not much going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday was a really rough day. I feel so bad for my manager. The director is just awful and creates such a hostile work environment. I feel really grateful for my manager. She’s genuinely working for the good of her subordinates and the place. You can really tell she cares and she’s not afraid to jump in and help whenever needed. It’s refreshing to finally have a manager like that. But still shitty that there’s someone else making life super difficult. 

So we’ll see how today goes. Unfortunately I can’t use a bereavement day for the funeral on Friday (because FI and I aren’t married, although we’ve been engaged for two years with no date in sight). Now I’m debating whether to use a precious sick day or a precious vacation day. 

• @MyNameIsNot, is Georgia not on lock down? Hobby Lobby certainly wouldn't be considered an essential business would they?

On a hopeful note, H read an article in a scientific journal (can't remember which one) that said there have been preliminary studies that coronavirus can't thrive in humidity. I've never wanted 90+% humidity more in my life. Like I said I can't remember which one but it was a reputable journal so let's keep our fingers crossed that summer will bring relief from the virus.
  • I am not in isolation yet but having DH home all of the time has me asking what day it is. 

We are going to start full isolation on Sunday. We already don't really go anywhere besides the grocery store but I was still going to personal training (it is just me, one lady, and our trainer. We disinfect everything before and after, maintaining distance) and horse riding (not within 10' of anyone) so I am going to quit those. The government just made an announcement earlier this week that people should stay home except for necessities.

I think I will have to order some fabric. There are too many patterns I want to make and, even though I am trying not to spend money or start any projects before it is settled if we are moving or not, I feel like I will need a little get away every now and then. Sewing machines are good for that.

• @MyNameIsNot, is Georgia not on lock down? Hobby Lobby certainly wouldn't be considered an essential business would they?

On a hopeful note, H read an article in a scientific journal (can't remember which one) that said there have been preliminary studies that coronavirus can't thrive in humidity. I've never wanted 90+% humidity more in my life. Like I said I can't remember which one but it was a reputable journal so let's keep our fingers crossed that summer will bring relief from the virus.
    Nope. Our governor is a moron. Most of metro Atlanta is in a patchwork of various restrictions and voluntary closures, but there are several Hobby Lobby locations in rural areas that aren't under any orders. 

I'm hopeful but squishy about the warmer weather/humidity question. Our staff in India are seeing pretty much the same uptick that we're seeing in the US. India was the most humid place I've ever been when I was there in the fall (and I've lived in South Florida, I'm no stranger to humidity.) I would think that if heat/humidity was covid's kryptonite, it wouldn't be spreading there. But maybe it's been slowed by the weather and India would be in full outbreak if it were cooler? There is not really much room for social distancing when you're in one of the most populated regions on earth. 

Nope. Our governor is a moron. Most of metro Atlanta is in a patchwork of various restrictions and voluntary closures, but there are several Hobby Lobby locations in rural areas that aren't under any orders. 

I'm hopeful but squishy about the warmer weather/humidity question. Our staff in India are seeing pretty much the same uptick that we're seeing in the US. India was the most humid place I've ever been when I was there in the fall (and I've lived in South Florida, I'm no stranger to humidity.) I would think that if heat/humidity was covid's kryptonite, it wouldn't be spreading there. But maybe it's been slowed by the weather and India would be in full outbreak if it were cooler? There is not really much room for social distancing when you're in one of the most populated regions on earth. 
    That's the other layer to this.   I would like to hear from a medical doctor what we lose due to high population density that we may have gained due to warmth. 

I had a different gripe to someone on a friend's FB when the comment was about how Kansas closed schools and NYC didn't until after.   NYC may have been late but the population of the state of Kansas is 1/3 that of NYC.   So let that be some food for thought when you also need to think about how to serve, feed and deal with that qty of people. 
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    MyNameIsNot said:...

I'm also pissed at Hobby Lobby. They're refusing to close and refusing to pay sick time for employees that don't come in. I've been boycotting them for years anyway, but I hope they go out of business. Such bullshit. 
    Hobby lobby is the devil, run by people who financially support a sexually abusive cult, who destroy middle eastern relics and import them illegally, who got to eh fucking supreme court to successfully never pay for birth control.
    I'm amazed anyone EVER still gives them money.  I"m broke as fuck and I still pay more to never darken their doors.

We are surviving.  there's a reason I didn't home-school...and if I WANTED to home school, I'd have bought a fucking curriculm.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I don't remember what day it is either.  I have to think about it when I wake up. 

@climbingwife, we binged ALL of Tiger King on Saturday.  I also listened to the podcast.  I feel like the podcast didn't do the insanity justice and also, it was a little too sympathetic to Carole.  There's like, 3, redeemable humans on the show.  It's quite the circus.  LOL

Yes, agreed! The podcast was sympathetic to her. I've definitely come away with a different opinion from what I've seen so far. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I don't remember what day it is either.  I have to think about it when I wake up. 

Yes, agreed! The podcast was sympathetic to her. I've definitely come away with a different opinion from what I've seen so far. 
    Her giggling is obnoxious.  And damn it if Joe can't actually sing for real.  

Also, this:

Image may contain text
  • Hahahahaa! 

Also, I thought in the podcast they made it seem that Joe couldn't sing, and he lied about him being the one singing.