Wedding Woes

Today is TUESDAY

2»

Re: Today is TUESDAY

• Haha.  I can see myself not knowing what an extender is either, @mrsconn23.  But I’m glad he figured it out before work was done.

missed flight:  air canada refunded mine for next week but so far nothing from united. Hopper is now on it and contacting them.

Does anyone work in medical billing?  Or have had this situation? I have a question.  They’re pulling all my doctor visits taken from divorce date to when I was put on my own (took about a month).  And resubmitting under my new plan.  I didn't drop my old plan till I knew for sure I was insured with the new, but I needed my mental health check up, blood work, chiro etc.  is it true they have to backdate the date and deny everything that was approved and rebill?  I didn’t go to a medical appt while on my new plan, billing the old. I just wasn’t moved over yet! 
    @charmedpam I'm not in billing but work for a broker and that is true. You were not eligible for the old plan as of the official date of divorce so any claims incurred are now ineligible. Any claims after the date of divorce would then be reversed and denied. They would reprocess under your new insurance as long as your new insurance was effective as of the day after divorce (ie no gap in coverage). You would get all new EOBs and may owe different amounts to the doctors depending on the terms of the new plans. It'll be a headache to sort out I'm sure
  • kvruns said: hi
    Haha.  I can see myself not knowing what an extender is either, @mrsconn23.  But I’m glad he figured it out before work was done.

missed flight:  air canada refunded mine for next week but so far nothing from united. Hopper is now on it and contacting them.

Does anyone work in medical billing?  Or have had this situation? I have a question.  They’re pulling all my doctor visits taken from divorce date to when I was put on my own (took about a month).  And resubmitting under my new plan.  I didn't drop my old plan till I knew for sure I was insured with the new, but I needed my mental health check up, blood work, chiro etc.  is it true they have to backdate the date and deny everything that was approved and rebill?  I didn’t go to a medical appt while on my new plan, billing the old. I just wasn’t moved over yet! 
    @charmedpam I'm not in billing but work for a broker and that is true. You were not eligible for the old plan as of the official date of divorce so any claims incurred are now ineligible. Any claims after the date of divorce would then be reversed and denied. They would reprocess under your new insurance as long as your new insurance was effective as of the day after divorce (ie no gap in coverage). You would get all new EOBs and may owe different amounts to the doctors depending on the terms of the new plans. It'll be a headache to sort out I'm sure
    😞