Wedding Woes

Not yet Friday

2»

Re: Not yet Friday

• Casadena said:
    IL has extended through May 30 with a select few business types able to open with restrictions on May 1 (plant nurseries, golf courses, retail stores for pickup only, etc).  Masks required in public places. 
    Yeah and from what I saw this weekend, people are waiting for the 1st to abide that. I did curbside on Saturday at my fav place and was happy to see so many cars and people going in and out of the place (was I the only one curbside?) but not one person wore a mask.  Not even the restaurant worker bringing me my food!

• mrsconn23 said:
    I hope businesses are still super cautious in GA, but I'm scared there's going to be a spike. And maybe in more rural areas, because they will go ahead without being fully ready.  

Our governor is holding firm to May 1st, even though the data doesn't really show the curve is truly flattening as fast as they want to think it is.  
    I thought he said he is taking it on a two week basis, the next one ending on May 1st so that it could be extended at that time. Maybe I misunderstand what he said. He has been extending every two weeks though. Illinois has extended to mid May (I think that is what SIL said yesterday) and require masks in public places. I haven't heard anything about masks here, have you?
    Holcomb hasn't said anything about mandatory masks.  He's been quite hesitant to divert from the May 1st date, but I'm sure it's going to be a 'soft opening' in a sense.  I know he let dentists, surgical centers, etc reopen today, with proper ppe and social distancing.  I'm curious to see how this week plays out, because while the surge that overwhelms our hospitals hasn't happened, I'm not sure if the curve has been truly flattened.  I'm hoping that they keep a decent amount of restrictions in place.  
  • Casadena said:
    IL has extended through May 30 with a select few business types able to open with restrictions on May 1 (plant nurseries, golf courses, retail stores for pickup only, etc).  Masks required in public places. 
    Yeah and from what I saw this weekend, people are waiting for the 1st to abide that. I did curbside on Saturday at my fav place and was happy to see so many cars and people going in and out of the place (was I the only one curbside?) but not one person wore a mask.  Not even the restaurant worker bringing me my food!
    oh I know, i've noticed that too with the masks.  Most people at the grocery store (including workers) weren't wearing masks the last time I went.  It's so ridiculous.  It's such a small thing, i can't imagine not wearing one when i'm out (which is once every few weeks for groceries only). 
  • Louisiana (except NOLA) is supposed to open back up on May 1st (Fri.).  The governor is going to announce how that will work sometime today.  But the rumor is it will be an opening in "phases" and face masks will be required for employees at businesses that are open to the public.  Face masks for everyone have not been required at any time, though it is strongly recommended.

There has been progress and curve flattening.  Across the state new cases have plateaued, fewer people in hospitals, and fewer people on ventilators. 

NOLA's mayor extended the Stay At Home order until May 16th.  So I'll be lying around the house for three more weeks, lol.  After that, I'm sure my work will require everyone to come back to the office.  TBH, other than going to work, I'm still going to severely limit where I go for a long time.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker