Chit Chat

My Venue sucks at communicating

I’m so frustrated with my event/sales person at my venue. Before we signed our contract she acted like our best friend, said to call/text/email anytime, blah, blah, blah. 
Now that contract has been signed it’s like pulling teeth to get a response. She takes days if not a week to respond to an email and that’s when I text and say “Hey I sent you an email” 
I just want to confirm with her food and alcohol included in the contract so I can move forward with budget. My fiancée thinks I’m being too impatient with her, but our wedding is in less than two months! At I being a bridezilla or is this a little ridiculous?

Re: My Venue sucks at communicating

• I’m so frustrated with my event/sales person at my venue. Before we signed our contract she acted like our best friend, said to call/text/email anytime, blah, blah, blah. 
    Now that contract has been signed it’s like pulling teeth to get a response. She takes days if not a week to respond to an email and that’s when I text and say “Hey I sent you an email” 
    I just want to confirm with her food and alcohol included in the contract so I can move forward with budget. My fiancée thinks I’m being too impatient with her, but our wedding is in less than two months! At I being a bridezilla or is this a little ridiculous?
    Where are you getting married?  Is your location currently affected by the pandemic?  Is your venue open? 
  • In normal circumstances I might say this is a little slow on responding if you’re wedding is in July, but given the pandemic it’s not crazy to think they are either closed, understaffed, work remotely with decreased productivity or hours. 
  • In normal circumstances I might say this is a little slow on responding if you’re wedding is in July, but given the pandemic it’s not crazy to think they are either closed, understaffed, work remotely with decreased productivity or hours. 
    In addition to this, she might be overwhelmed with weddings that needed to be postponed and rescheduled for later dates.

I'm not saying that's an excuse for her to not get back to you all sooner, but more that these are extraordinary times and you all should be understanding of that (not saying you aren't being understanding).

I'm also not saying to stop contacting her with questions and things that need to be done but, unless it's something really pressing, give her a few days to respond before sending a reminder.  It sounds like you all are usually doing that anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I would just allow her additional time to respond right now, which it sounds like you are doing. For reasons related to Covid-19 and perhaps others, it just may not be possible for her to respond to your contacts.

Also, it may be taking her longer than one week to hear back from her vendors and contacts, especially if they're all overwhelmed and/or having to work from home. She may just not have any answers to your questions and is waiting for someone to get back to her.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I got married in 2013, so admittedly didn't deal with the hurtles the pandemic has thrown in.  I was really happy with my venue and have recommended it several times.  And even as great as they were, they were very enthusiastic/communicative/responsive at the time we booked, and then again in the 2-3 weeks leading up to our wedding date to talk menu choices.  But not really in the middle, at all.  My sisters both experiences similar things. 
    Food and alcohol are a big concern though- what does your contract state?  I'm confused that you signed a contract with this venue but I'm reading it as certain info is missing from the contract?  Her delay may be pandemic-related?  I'd be more concerned at this time about whether or not the wedding would be happening.  Good luck getting a response- I would want one too!
  • I gonna be honest with you, OP, I think you are being over the top optimistic that your wedding is still happening in July. 

• levioosa said:
    I gonna be honest with you, OP, I think you are being over the top optimistic that your wedding is still happening in July. 
    That's why I'm curious where the OP is living. 

If you live in an area that has government restrictions and the venue wasn't serving the public then their staff are probably not working.   And in most cases, they legally can't.   

Any additional information you can provide regarding the status of your area is helpful because if the venue is impacted then the reason you aren't hearing from them is probably based on limits of what they're able to do.
  • Its because you are not a wedding planner. But if it means that much to you then go to the place and talk with them.