Moms and Maids

How do I write the bio on my future sister in law in the "wedding party section"?

I asked my future sister in law to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. I've been working on the bio's for all of my bridesmaids on the wedding party section of our wedding website, but I'm stuck on what to write about my future sister in law and I's relationship. We aren't close at all and we sort of just now starting a relationship, but it's been difficult. I'm struggling and don't know what to write about our relationship. I'm open to any suggestions!

Re: How do I write the bio on my future sister in law in the "wedding party section"?

• I asked my future sister in law to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. I've been working on the bio's for all of my bridesmaids on the wedding party section of our wedding website, but I'm stuck on what to write about my future sister in law and I's relationship. We aren't close at all and we sort of just now starting a relationship, but it's been difficult. I'm struggling and don't know what to write about our relationship. I'm open to any suggestions!
    If she's your future sister in law, I'm assuming that means she's your partner's sister. If so, have your partner write it. 

Presumably she was asked because she's close to your partner, seeing as how you aren't close. 
  • How could I have my fiance write it, if he doesn't know how to describe the relationship between his sister and me either?
  • "future sister in law and I's relationship." What? Would you say "This is I's car"? or "Where are I's shoes"?
  • How could I have my fiance write it, if he doesn't know how to describe the relationship between his sister and me either?
    Obviously he would write about his own relationship with his sister.

• Let him write it. It's also his wedding, so this should be his contribution.
  • Consider the option to not overshare for all of your BM even though you're excited about them!  A simple "Future Sister-in-law" or "Friend from College" is great plenty!!!  

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2020
    Ditto PP.  I don't really see lengthy bio's on wedding websites.  A simple "Future Sister-in-law" works fine.  If the rest of your BM's are getting a paragraph, how about a sentence on FSIL's best qualities?  "The next bridesmaid is Alison, XX's sister.  She's one of the most creative/best dancers/funniest people I know!".  If that doesn't work, I agree with other PP who suggested your FI writing it- she's his sister after all.

edit spelling