Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day!

Happy Thursday friends!

I just woke up from my morning nap and all I have planned today are snacks, repacking bags, and more naps. What’s everyone else got planned? 

Re: Prudie Day!

• Options
    Work and a hike later. My legs are dead from the leg workout I did two days ago. But it’s my last big workout of the week. Tomorrow I’ll just do a walk. I still haven’t missed a workout since the Tuesday after Memorial Day. I’m trying to keep it up as long as possible. Hopefully I can keep getting caught up at work. It would make the weekend a lot more enjoyable. 

@charlotte989875 are they going to induce tomorrow if babe decides to hang out for the rest of today? 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Work and a hike later. My legs are dead from the leg workout I did two days ago. But it’s my last big workout of the week. Tomorrow I’ll just do a walk. I still haven’t missed a workout since the Tuesday after Memorial Day. I’m trying to keep it up as long as possible. Hopefully I can keep getting caught up at work. It would make the weekend a lot more enjoyable. 

@charlotte989875 are they going to induce tomorrow if babe decides to hang out for the rest of today? 
    That’s an awesome streak! 

Yup, we will go back in at 9 tomorrow if he still hasn’t made his appearance before then. Based on my age, his size, my asthma my doctor really didn’t want me going until 41 weeks so I’ll go back in tomorrow for them to induce and at that point we will stay until he’s here. 
  • Options
    Not much going on. Plugging away at painting the bathroom cabinet. Have the first coat of paint on the cabinet base. Backs of doors and drawers are done and one coat on the fronts. I'll do another coat on everything this evening and finish the last coat tomorrow. Hopefully all will be dry by Sunday for reassembly. 

I've been loving my elliptical! I have gotten in an hour everyday this week. So easy to just go downstairs instead of driving to the gym. I've also been weight training via FaceTime. I prefer in person. That won't be happening for a while though so it is better than nothing. Since I've been using the elliptical, I've been reading again. The elliptical time at the gym was my reading time. When I did the treadmill at home I couldn't read so watched TV. Now I'm back to reading which makes the time pass faster!
  • Options
    SSDD here kind of.

I am getting things ready for DS and my staycation tomorrow night. My house is kind of a mess, I have a mountain of laundry to put away, and I need to water my plants before I go. Other than that, trying not to order more fabric. I need a budget, ever since I quit working it's like pretend money or something.. but it's not. At all. And shit is expensive.

I will be thinking of you @charlotte989875 I hope it all goes smoothly. ❤️
  • Options
    I think electrical companies are one of the few that can be "evaluating the issue" a day and a half later with no timing to restore.

At least the generator lets me shower and work. 
  • Options
    Power outages must be so frustrating!  Busy day for me, i think mice are back in my house.  Haven’t seen or trapped any - but I have heard them I think.  I have an exterminator coming out at 1 today to really check. Then tonight I have my weightt loss club meeting, and I already know I gained some pounds. I always do when I visit my parents, I might have to start cooking my own meals when I go. 

• Options
    I'm watching the NY AG state why she's filed a lawsuit to dissolve the NRA.  Daaammmnn.  She's putting it ALL out there. It's going down.  

Good luck @charlotte989875!!!  Stop being stubborn, baby!  LOL

Last night was OK.  Tiring.  I started having ovulation pain after work and it made me pretty cranky and a little nauseated until my pain meds to kick in.  I did have a good chat with the kiddo though.  DH's aunt was OK, but had a freak out with FIL because I guess he tripped down our deck (he's still unsteady on the pins after his brain surgery).  Her H is a COVID truther. He said so much shit under his breath.  So that was fun.  At least we were all outside almost the whole time, and I know she's had a COVID test or two.  People were here until 10pm and DH and I were both, "UM it's a fucking work night, y'all." 

DH is going on a guy's trip with a small group this weekend.  So tonight is going to be him getting ready for that. I think FIL might be over here...again. I told DefConn that we're keeping shit low-key this weekend.  I think he's ready, especially after his first full week of school. 
  • Options
    Reading in a play tonight .on Zoom ... hopefully everyone else in the play has their power going. Otherwise, I guess, the play reading has to be canceled.

Not much else going on. Kind of boring at work today, but boring is better than no job at all.

Good luck @charlotte989875 !
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 did you listen to the NRA season of Gangsta Capitalism? I think it was the most recent.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm watching the NY AG state why she's filed a lawsuit to dissolve the NRA.  Daaammmnn.  She's putting it ALL out there. It's going down.  
    I'm on the last episode of Gangster Capitalism and season 2 is all about how the NRA imploded.  Their last bonus episode was 7/22/2020, so I'm excited to hear an update now that she's announced.  This is absolutely illegal and it's appalling to hear the level of manipulation and fraud.

I'm taking half a day tomorrow. I came into work this morning.  I've been working on my attitude and trying to be more positive.  At 8:30, the new software once again, stopped working.  And I just deflated.  I'm not sure I'm doing anything today, this is getting really exhausting and wearing on me.
  • Options
    I was feeling so crappy yesterday!  I took a sick day which was just as well because, trying to keep it light on the TMI, I was a semi-permanent resident of my bathroom until about 9:30am.  Back at work today.  Tired, but feeling a lot better.

Super busy day at work, especially because I was out yesterday.  Plus, on a personal note, I need to scan a gazillion things and get the paperwork squared away for a draw request on my construction loan.

There is a fairly new, large project at work.  I was a little worried our client was going to be taking over all of the procurement for it, even the stuff I normally do.  But no!  I found out today that I'm going to be a more integral piece than I normally am.  I'm excited about that!  Plus it has really alleviated some of the job security concerns I'd been having because everything else I've been doing is ending/slowing way down.

I'm taking tomorrow off to get bloodwork done for my doctor's appointment next week.  Nothing concerning, my usual 2x-3x/year endocrinology stuff.  Then I have a slew of mystery shops scheduled, I think 5 total.  I'm going to try and get 1-2 of those done after work today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, tomorrow is my BFF's son's birthday. It's a great day to be born, although still hoping he comes on his own today. 

Nothing much interesting here. It's hot, work is annoying, blah blah blah. I'm looking for used ellipticals on NextDoor. I'd gone back to the gym for a few weeks a while ago, but it was just too much risk, so I dropped off. Walking/hiking just isn't enough. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 did you listen to the NRA season of Gangsta Capitalism? I think it was the most recent.
    I'll put it on my list!

• Options
    FYI, if any of you are thinking about buying appliances in the near future, give yourself plenty of time.  There is a major inventory shortage in the US right now.  Especially for more basic, lower cost appliances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FYI, if any of you are thinking about buying appliances in the near future, give yourself plenty of time.  There is a major inventory shortage in the US right now.  Especially for more basic, lower cost appliances.
    I heard that as well.   The virus has affected foreign and domestic manufacturing. 
  • Options
    Ooooh! I am looking for a fridge/dishwasher.

even from sears outlet you think? Or is there stuff from floor to out the door?

• Options
    Ooooh! I am looking for a fridge/dishwasher.

even from sears outlet you think? Or is there stuff from floor to out the door?
    I assume it would affect the Sears Outlet also.  Because if people are in a buying frenzy for appliances at normal Sears stores, then their outlets would have more limited stock.  And if people aren't finding what they want in regular stores, it will be that much more traffic for alternative stores, like a Sears Outlet.

Especially because Outlet stuff can sometimes be so random anyway, I'd suggest regular visits to the Sears Outlet and, if you see something you like, jump on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just had the weirdest “lunch hour”.

So I called up an extermination company 2 days ago. I went local instead of Orkin. I noticed some mouse droppings in my kitchen.  Plus I thought I heard them.  Never saw one though. 

I said I could come out on my lunch hour today at 1.  I get there at 12:55 and they were there, just about to put a business card on my door and leave. It’s an older couple, married 63 years, doing this for 50 years and all she did was lay poison around My place in tin foil.  I mean I coulda done that!!!!

She sees where they’re coming from though, in my garage and showed me what needs to be patched.  There’s some holes near the pipes.  I paid $95 for her to lay poison down!  The husband was bragging though, and said his wife was really good and she always “gets the mice good” he said. The wife, looking around my place goes “so do you rent?”
    “No I own it”
    “Oh you own it?” She says in shock.

And then the husband sat in his van the whole time and when I was outside and asked “so who lives here?”
    I’m like... “uh.... just me?”

Craziness!  A woman owning her own home.  Just craziness!

Anyway, time to pay and I asked if she took credit card or zelle or paypal?  Nope.  Cash or checks.  I don’t write checks AND I’m cashless. I didn’t know what small of a company this was when I called and assume everyone has square or a cashless form of payment.   So I had to run down to the closest bank (which isn’t even MY bank, tack on that fee too!) and leave them at my place alone while I had to go get the money!! So strange, the whole afternoon was so strange. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam, geez!  That whole thing sounds so annoying.  Put steel wool in any openings that lead to the outside, ie where she showed you in the garage.  It's one of the few things that mice/rats cannot chew through.

A unique ability that both mice and rats have is they have a really flexible skeleton (something like that), which enables them to fit into spaces that are substantially smaller than their own bodies.  They are masters at contorting themselves.

For my gender discrimination of the week.  I got a letter from the City of New Orleans, Dept. of Finance for my business.  Addressed to "Dear Sir", SMH.  A GOVERNMENT AGENCY!!!!  In this day and age.  Acting like only men own businesses.

I had to write them a letter anyway.  Most of my letter dealt with the issue they wrote me about in the first place.  But my last paragraph was a scathing rebuke of their blatant gender discrimination in how they address their letters.  I'm proud that I maintained professional wording and stuck to facts.  Because, let me tell you, that paragraph did take a couple rewrites to clean it of the vulgar words, sarcasm, and insults that I originally wrote.

I'm also going to write a letter about just this issue to the mayor...because it's her name and her mayorial stamp all over those letters...sssoooo maybe she needs to make herself aware, especially as the first female mayor of New Orleans, of the outrageous s**t that's being sent out under her office.  I'm going to send a similar letter to the city councilman for my district.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for that tip!  I can use that till I get it fixed!

wait the letter was a “dear sir” generic template? 

• Options

Yep!  So I'm guessing hundreds of thousands of "Dear Sir" letters have been sent out by, at least this city department, for decades.

I did have one line of sarcasm that I couldn't help myself...

"Please join us in the Year 2020, where not all business owners are male and people cannot legally be discriminated against for their gender."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yep!  So I'm guessing hundreds of thousands of "Dear Sir" letters have been sent out by, at least this city department, for decades.

I did have one line of sarcasm that I couldn't help myself...

"Please join us in the Year 2020, where not all business owners are male and people cannot legally be discriminated against for their gender."
    While TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN is more words, it is non-discriminatory. Or Dear Business Owner.  Or "Yo, you...yeah, you...Pay your bill!" LOL 
  • Options

A unique ability that both mice and rats have is they have a really flexible skeleton (something like that), which enables them to fit into spaces that are substantially smaller than their own bodies.  They are masters at contorting themselves.
    THIS IS WHY I GET THE WORST HEEBIE JEEBIES FROM VERMIN. I am so afraid of mice and it has everything to do with their ability to hide in small cramped spaces and go wherever they want.

We had a small mouse problem when they broke ground on the lot next door.  They got in from frickin' kids leaving the garage door to the house open.  I remember one wandering out from the fire place when I was alone and I was alone.  I just looked at him and said, "I see you, you little effer.  I'll get you later."  LOL

My mom was the worst about mice. We built a house next to a field where other houses were being built (in Plainfield, IL...all those farmers sold off their land after the big tornado in 91/92), so we had an extremely bad mouse problem.   I remember she woke up the whole house one night when I was in middle school because there was a mouse (poisoned) slowly making its way across the living room and she would not leave the room until dad took care of it.  So she's just in the living room calling my dad's name. LOL

But yeah, I second steel wool. We've used it with a lot of success.