Wedding Woes

FriYay!

Since we have a new flood of WW babies, new mommies need to start a new Friday baby trend.  Imagine a smile emoji here, b/c I do not like the Knot's emojis.

I'm so glad it's the weekend.  Also, the movie theatre is showing all 3 LotR extended versions!!!!  I'm so excited to see all of them, but honestly I love Two Towers so much, that's the real excitement.  Then John Wick.  Then Jurassic Park.  Then New Mutants.  So, that's basically my weekend, all day movies.  

I had an interesting conversation at work.  I don't want to jinx anything and I won't know until next week, but TL;DR I might be up for an unexpected promotion b/c I decided to stick my neck out about something.  I'm trying not to get too excited, but it's something I would really find a lot of fulfillment in, enjoy, and get a nice raise.

Re: FriYay!

• @VarunaTT I remember having marathon LOTR movie days when I was younger, that would be awesome to see on the big screen again!

I am feeling kind of Blah today. It is pouring outside I have nothing pressing at work and no motivation to start anything. I really wish I had some sort of plans for this weekend. It always improves my mood to have plans. 

I was talking to my H and I think we might sign my 4 year old up for swim lessons this fall. The rec center sounds like they are taking good precautions and it would only be 4 kids per class. Learning to swim is such an important life skill and I don't want to put it off much longer.
  • That would be amazing @VarunaTT, a promo/raise is well deserved! 

I’m looking for some fun social distancing stuff to do for the weekend myself.  I have appts throughout the day kn Saturday, so it would have to be in evening or Sunday. The new guy and I love museums and history and were looking up places, but everything is closed and/or masks required.  I’m not anti-mask at all, i just avoid places that require them for a long period of time. 

• @VarunaTT that sounds like a great weekend. Fingers crossed for the promotion! 

I am so glad it’s Friday. I can’t wait for the weekend. Can I just be 5 pm already?  I’m a little miffed because my bff texted yesterday to say that she’s flying in Sunday through the next two weeks. She never gives advance warning and I really want to see her but I can’t just drop my job to do that and I already have plans the whole time she’s here. She’s never worked a regular 8-5 job so I don’t think she gets how difficult it is for me. I also work a full five days a week with a two hour daily commute instead of my three 12’s down the street. Add to that I’ll be the one driving out to see her even after she gets here and it’s too much. I don’t know. I feel guilty. She’s been having a shit year and I want to be there for her too. But damn, stop flying out with three days notice. 

Otherwise SSDD. Debating whether to order bloodwork on myself since apparently I’m allergic to the doctor/I don’t want my work to have access to my health records. 

• @VarunaTT, good luck!

Too much work but didn't sleep well last night. I feel so burned out.
  • Varuna - Good luck on the promotion!

I wish I could add to the baby pics, but every time I try to upload pictures now, it never seems to work.  I got the cutest pic from daycare today! 

I think this weekend we will try to install the shower door.  We need to buy a few more things at Lowes for the install and H wants to go tonight.

I do have to pick up a box of peaches from the local animal shelter.  One of the fundraisers they do is working with a local family farm to sell their produce.  A portion goes to the shelter and a portion goes to the farm.  So a win-win!
  • I'm so glad y'all did the baby thread. I love the pictures - smiling babies make me smile. Heck babies along with puppies in general make me smile.

• @VarunaTT, crossing my fingers for you!  I know you've been so unhappy with your job and while, yeah more money is always great!, just to be doing more fulfilling work would be the daily gift.

@missJeanLouise, that pic is adorable!  There is just something so extra cute when babies/toddlers imitate people.  I'm sure there can be examples when it is more cringy than cute, lol.  But it's usually pretty cute.

I saw a You Tube video recently of a mom who had taped her 18-24 month old (forget exactly how old) pretending to talk on the phone.  But here was the background.  Earlier in the day, the mom had a long and very annoying conversation with a call center.  We ALL know the frustration and drudgery with that.  The little girl isn't old enough to be able to speak with words.  On the video, she is chatting away with her nonsensical words.  But you don't need to understand her to tell that her "play" for that day is...imitating her mom being annoyed and talking to a call center, lmao.  Her tone, gesticulations, and pacing back and forth, mirror that to perfection. 

The biggest thing I am looking forward to this weekend is catching up on rest and sleep!  That's about it.  After work today, I am going to a tenant's house to do a "walk through".  Not because she's moving out, though.  This is the same tenant I complained about a few days ago who doesn't get along with my H and can sometimes be a PITA.

She wanted me to call her, so I did, and we had a long phone conversation earlier this week.  One of the things she complained about is she feels like a "throwaway tenant" because we never fixed the things we said we would when she first moved in and, although there isn't anything major, it upsets her to see us getting the other units ready while we are ignoring hers.

Y'all.  I have no idea what she is talking about.  I reply something back, "Oh Tenant Jane!  I am so sorry, but I think there has been a miscommunication.  As far as I know, there hasn't been anything else you've needed.  But I have a pen and paper right in front of me.  Please tell me everything that hasn't been addressed."

She lists four things.  Two of them are "wants", that she admits she hadn't mentioned to us.  One of them is a smoke detector that is hanging from it's wires, which she also admits she hadn't told us about yet.  And the last is the stupid windows and the a/cs that have "too many openings that rain can get through and bugs get through".  Which my H had literally been there earlier that day to address but, according to her, he didn't.  According to my H, she didn't even mention "openings".  And, btw, she's been living there for 9 months and has never had rain come in through anywhere (eyeroll).

I verified with her the list and asked if there were any other items.  I think it now dawns, even on her, that she is being BULLS**T with her accusations that we are ignoring her repairs.  So now she drops back to vague generalized statements of, "Jen, really.  You need to come over here.  Your H is here (meaning at the property, in general) all the time, but you need to see what's going on."

Fine. Whatever. So I told her that I would be over there today to meet with her.

Did I mention she's had some lease violations we, especially my H, have been trying to address?  Right.  Classic "go on the offensive when you're in the wrong" move.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad y'all did the baby thread. I love the pictures - smiling babies make me smile. Heck babies along with puppies in general make me smile.

Any time I see a commercial with a baby AND a puppy.  I talk at the tv to the advertiser, " Aaaahh! OMG that's so cute.  But I see what you're doing there.  Don't you think I don't, lol."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh all the best vibes @MyNameIsNot , that's a lot.
    @missJeanLouise adorable!!
    @Jstump2 swimming lessons for my kids was one of the best things I did

Just getting in from a cousin playdate with my sisters' kids.  The cuzzies missed each other.  Taking a school supplies inventory this evening, I think I need to buy a couple more things.  Our first day here is Sept 8th, and I have a handful of meetings next week in preparation.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2020
    I'm so discombobulated today.  The scout meeting at our house went well last night.  

I had to go to the office to pick up some stuff.  It's made this day seem really long.  The office was weird because it's mostly empty, there's all these directional signs, closed off rooms, and whatnot.  It felt very eerie absent the hum of 'business' that is normally occurring.  

It's cloudy and might rain today and is supposed to rain tomorrow.  I went to the store yesterday and our house is pretty tidy, so the only thing we need to get done this weekend is laundry.  I think DH may need to go help my dad with something tomorrow.  We may take the boat out Sunday if we feel it's going to warm up enough to be out there. 

Good luck @VarunaTT.  Purple vibes.  
  • I’m so sorry @MyNameIsNot. That really sucks. *hugs*

• Okay, so now I have a meeting with HR on Monday morning.

IDK if that's good or bad.  But I have to wait all weekendd!!??!!

: :neutral:
  • Ugh, the waiting sucks @VarunaTT!!
  • @MyNameIsNot, I'm so sorry to hear that!  Sending all the good vibes.  I guess on the one hand they are giving people some notice of what is going on.  But on the other hand, they've also just set everyone up for an extremely stressful next 1-3 months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MyNameIsNot, I'm so sorry to hear that!  Sending all the good vibes.  I guess on the one hand they are giving people some notice of what is going on.  But on the other hand, they've also just set everyone up for an extremely stressful next 1-3 months.
    Yeah, that's kind of the typical for anytime we've done big changes. They'll give 2 mos notice that somethings going to happen, and then it's another 3-6 months for people to work to their last days.  

The upside is that it gives you plenty of time to prepare, but the downside is that everyone is anxious and distracted for months. Years ago I was laid off on a random Friday, no notice, no warning. This sucks, but that was so much worse. 

Any time I see a commercial with a baby AND a puppy.  I talk at the tv to the advertiser, " Aaaahh! OMG that's so cute.  But I see what you're doing there.  Don't you think I don't, lol."
    That's me with bunny commercials.  Now whenever I buy pasta, I have to buy Annies because they have rabbit shaped pasta.  I can't buy anything else!  They have bunnies!