Attire & Accessories Forum

HELP - Is my wedding dress too revealing?

Hi guys. I recently got engaged and scheduled my wedding dress shopping as soon as I could! We are getting married in a beautiful ballroom venue this December and a church wedding. I absolutely love my dress and feel beautiful in it. However, I am starting to have fears that it may be distasteful or too revealing. I am an over thinker so I want to get other opinions! Thanks so much and please be kind :) 

Re: HELP - Is my wedding dress too revealing?

• edited September 2020
    No, I don't think so at all. It looks gorgeous on you. 
  • It's a pretty dress. If you have any doubts about its suitability for church, consider wearing a removable wrap over it during your ceremony that you take off for the reception.
  • That dress is gorgeous and looks amazing on you!

I wouldn't think most people or venues/churches would consider it too reveling.  But if your crowd/venue is especially conservative, @Jen4948 suggestion of having a removeable wrap for the ceremony is a great one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Would there be any option to add a removable area of lace for modesty during the ceremony that can be taken out for the reception?  It's the deep V that I can see as concerning especially since in a church you're often a step or two lower than the person marrying you which means the officiant is looking down that V. 
  • I agree with banana. The deep v is what would give me pause (I'm pretty busty). I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with that plunging of a neckline. I think the rest of the gown is absolutely gorgeous and not at all too immodest. For a church wedding I agree with some kind of panel of lace. 
  • It is a beautiful dress and you look great in it, but I do think the front is too revealing for a church ceremony. I agree with the suggestion to have a panel of lace put in the front. You could then remove it for the reception.