Wedding Woes
Options

Today is THURSDAY

Re: Today is THURSDAY

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I woke up feeling heavy today because of, you know...all of it.  But the bus stop conversation with DefConn made me genuinely laugh for the first time in awhile.  Our neighbor is putting in a pool and this morning the gravel trucks came while were waiting for the bus. DefConn gives them a thumbs up after they dump their loads and I'm like, "What are you doing?"  He said, "They needed to know they did a good job!"    His sweetness gives me so much hope. 

We're going to our friend's son's football game tonight since he's playing in our town.  

I'm so ready for the weekend.  
    That is the best. 
  • Options
    I'm also glad it's Thursday and looking forward to the weekend. Nothing wrong with this week; I'm just looking forward to sleeping in. We're tearing out some built in shelving in the basement and most likely repainting the space because the new pool table gets delivered next week! 

Nothing much else going on. MIL is in town, so we'll do something fun with her at some point, but part of turning up last minute on weekdays means she has to fend for herself while we work today and tomorrow.

We're getting the remnants of the latest tropical storm, so it's all rain for the next two days. Normally I enjoy the rain, but I'd rather have it be clear when MIL is here because she'll go for walks. On the bright side, we seeded some bare spots in the yard the other day, so at least I don't have to remember to water for a few days.
  • Options
    I'm also glad it's Thursday and looking forward to the weekend. Nothing wrong with this week; I'm just looking forward to sleeping in. We're tearing out some built in shelving in the basement and most likely repainting the space because the new pool table gets delivered next week! 

Nothing much else going on. MIL is in town, so we'll do something fun with her at some point, but part of turning up last minute on weekdays means she has to fend for herself while we work today and tomorrow.

We're getting the remnants of the latest tropical storm, so it's all rain for the next two days. Normally I enjoy the rain, but I'd rather have it be clear when MIL is here because she'll go for walks. On the bright side, we seeded some bare spots in the yard the other day, so at least I don't have to remember to water for a few days.
    Does she show up with little/ no warning often? That would drive me bananas. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 the sweetest :) BabyKitten waves at everyone and I genuinely feel awful when people don't wave back. She looks briefly sad, but brushes it off so easily {usually because someone else is coming}
  • Options

Especially from OOT? FIL lives practically down the street and I get irritated when he shows up unannounced sometimes. 
  • Options
    I have to put myself on a serious spending cap :\

I ordered a few xmas gifts
    for my nana:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0777TCYD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for my mum's bf {he's not a fan of the dude but loves the team}
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QGQL2JL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered a Bill Nye for M as I suggested stocking stuff instead of exchanging gifts - we're entertaining the idea of a "family gift" {last year we got the nintendo switch - I'm suggesting animal crossing this year lmao}

I also ordered boxes - might as well pack shit from basement as we declutter.

I got BabyKitten a stepstool {kitchen helper} and had to order from wayfair because it's the only one that folds and we had to get the folding one. Not cheap.

ANYWAYS
    I have to stop spending :( It's a lot lol
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Especially from OOT? FIL lives practically down the street and I get irritated when he shows up unannounced sometimes. 
    The only benefit of pregnancy/baby in a pandemic is that people never show up unannounced. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I woke up feeling heavy today because of, you know...all of it.  But the bus stop conversation with DefConn made me genuinely laugh for the first time in awhile.  Our neighbor is putting in a pool and this morning the gravel trucks came while were waiting for the bus. DefConn gives them a thumbs up after they dump their loads and I'm like, "What are you doing?"  He said, "They needed to know they did a good job!"    His sweetness gives me so much hope. 

We're going to our friend's son's football game tonight since he's playing in our town.  

I'm so ready for the weekend.  
    So nice!  I assume he also enjoyed the show of watching trucks dump tons of gravel, lol.  What kid wouldn't like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    so cute @mrsconn23 B did that a while back when the neighbors were getting a new patio put in. He kept yelling "good job!" to the worker although he couldn't hear him bc the guy was using a saw to cut something. I had to assure him he could hear
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2020
    @MissKittyDanger, that's adorable BabyKitten waves to everyone.  I don't know how anyone could resist that.  When my niece (N) was about 2, I made a trip back home.  My sister came to the airport to pick me up.  As we were at baggage claim waiting for my suitcase, my sister was holding N.  As such, N was faced backwards from us.  All of a sudden, we hear her loud, cheerful, toddler voice say to the woman behind my sister, "Hi!  I'm (her name)!"  OMG, it was the cutest!  The lady was very nice.  She laughed and smiled and said, "Hi N! How are you doing?" 

I like it when I forget it is Prudie Day.  Because then it is a nice surprise when I see all the posts, lol.

I "kind of" have a 4-day weekend.  Tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment in the morning, so I'm taking the day off work.  However, I'd much rather be at work, lol.  And that's saying something!  I'm taking a vacation day on Mon., but this will be my last one to use up my excess vacation time.  It was so nice while it lasted!

Yeeppp.  It is going to be a LONG two months until the Thanksgiving holidays.  I will definitely need to take 1-2 random vacation days in that time, in order to get through it.

I have to tell you all about an e-mail I got yesterday because I was just so shocked and floored by it.  I belong to a real estate investing group called NOREIA.  REIA is a national organization and the "NO" in front of the one I belong to designates the local chapter.

They were having their first annual getaway cruise this year.  Sounded like a lot of fun!  Plus NOLA is a cruise ship port, so it's extra convenient for everyone, but I didn't want to spend the money at the time (way back in Jan or Feb).  I had totally forgotten about it, but would have assumed it was cancelled.

Holy s**tballs and Christ on a cracker.  It isn't!  They sent an e-mail yesterday that there is still time to sign up with a link to pay for your spot.  The cruise departs a month from now (Oct. 24th).  I even double-checked the year multiple times.  Surely they mean 2021.  Nope.  In multiple places it is 2020.

I knew cruises had started limited sailings in other parts of the world.  But I didn't realize they had in the US.  Who TF would be insane enough to go on a CRUISE right now?!?!  Yet, obviously it's happening or Carnival wouldn't have ships sailing out of the US.  I just can't even with people right now.

I was also confused because the ports of call are in Mexico (I've actually been on this same cruise, but years ago), which I had thought was closed to Americans.  It was driving me nuts so much that I even looked it up.  Aha!  People cannot drive across the Mexican border from either direction unless it is "essential".  But Americans can fly or take a boat to Mexico.  There is also currently no quarantine on their arrival in Mexico nor when they return to the US.

Edited to add;  And let's not forget the hilarious irony.  Right now, the NOREIA meetings are virtual.  Because it's a pandemic.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy M & I are guilty of always waving at little kids when they wave to us lol and honestly idk how people don't! It's the cutest!
    BabyKitten is that kid who will wave to anyone thinking "if I see you, you can see me!"

Fun story - M & BabyKitten were at the gas station, and since the gas tank is on BabyKitten's side, he'll open the window or door so he can interact with her.
    She started waving and yelling "hi!" to someone behind M, and ended up being some dude {as M describes him "dad type dude. You know he's good with kids"} The guy was really nice and came closer to chit-chat with my 2yr old.
    He explained to M that he's a dr at the city's children's hospital so he can't help but interact with the littles LMFAO!
  • Options
    Thank goodness it’s Friday eve. I know I had Monday off but every day at work has felt so long. Yesterday was just annoying. I’m glad I’m back at my home base to catch up on work. I didn’t sleep well so I’m pretty tired. At some point this week I need to call my parents and grandparents. I’m just feeling very anti-social at the moment. At least I was able to call for a replacement phone last night. It should be arriving tomorrow. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

So I don't actually know. She used to years ago, but we started pushing for reasonable notice. Then about 5 years ago his sister moved here, and she started staying with SIL when she'd come. (SIL has a kid, so MIL started visiting much more frequently to see her grandkid, and would stay for 3-4 weeks instead of 3-4 days.) When she stayed with SIL, it really stopped being my problem. I'd turn up for lunch if I was free, but it wasn't like having someone stay in your house. SIL just moved away over the summer, so this is the first visit staying with us in a while. If it starts a trend we'll address it, but I have no idea right now. 

FIL is worse, though. He once called from two hours away saying he was coming to visit. I lost my shit at that one. 
  • Options
    That’s a cute story @mrsconn23 and @MissKittyDanger .  One of the things people do on their boats when they pass someone on the lake is wave at them.  My 2 year old nephew caught on to that.  He couldn’t stop waving at people.
    i hate to play devils advocate @MissKittyDanger, but at least your spending is for christmas for other people!  I have a hard time stopping for myself. Like, I may need a SAA meeting. Although SA really is sex addicts anonymous. What would shopping addicts anonymous be? Anyway, I need that.

I went home, undid a wire hanger, and fished out a bottle of muscle relaxer ointment from my toilet drain.  Thankfully it was big enough to not pass the pipes and I got it out.  Just call me Plumber Pam if you want. 
    Yaass!  I'm so glad that worked!  In my house, we only have one bathroom, so it would be crisis level for that toilet to not work, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm jealous!  I would LOVE to own a pool table.  But hubby's Warhammer table takes up all the space in the basement so we don't have room for both.  If we got rid of his bowflex that he never uses I could put one there ... hmmm, this gets me thinking.

• Options
    @CharmedPam I'm so glad you were successful in fishing it out!  That saves you a plumber's bill for sure.

• Options
    kerbohl said:

I'm jealous!  I would LOVE to own a pool table.  But hubby's Warhammer table takes up all the space in the basement so we don't have room for both.  If we got rid of his bowflex that he never uses I could put one there ... hmmm, this gets me thinking.
    Maybe even sell the bowflex to help pay for the table?  Or at least that is what you can say to your H to make sure it is permanently gone, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam oh that is 100% how I am validating it lmfao! I have M purchasing stuff for people on his side {with my suggestions .... } so at least I'm not buying EVERYTHINGGGGGG {which I would because I basically control the lists oops!}
  • Options
    kerbohl said:

Maybe even sell the bowflex to help pay for the table?  Or at least that is what you can say to your H to make sure it is permanently gone, lol. 
    Wasn't this bowflex being in the way a point of contention a few months ago? Seems like it's got to go!

I don't really care that much about a pool table. It's cool, but not something I ever thought I needed, but H has been obsessed since we bought a house with a basement. If he doesn't use it and it's my bowflex in 10 years, it's going to be a whole thing.  
    Lol - you are absolutely right, I hated this thing.  But he redid the room down there and we can actually use it now, so I'm trying it out.  So now it is my bowflex ... if it has an effect on my fitness, it might be worth keeping at this point.  But I'm not 100% sure yet if it's doing much good.  It's a complicated machine and I never know what I'm doing on it or if I'm using it right.  I'd get more joy out of a pool table.

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom, good luck to your H!  I hope it turns out to be the less serious small gluten intolerance.  I had a friend who was diagnosed with Celiac over 20 years ago.  Back then, no one in our friend group had heard of it and "gluten" was a word you rarely heard or saw, lol.  There weren't many "gluten-free" options and my friend pretty much just switched his diet to only proteins, fruits, and veggies.  I lost touch with him years ago, but I hope he is enjoying more variety in foods again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck to your H @OliveOilsMom, how long until he’ll get results/ more info?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 He will get his full results in 2 weeks.