Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday Morning Blues

Not much new here. I do have to sing the praises of these capris leggings.  They are SO soft and SO comfortable.  First thing I do when I get home is put these bad boys on:

https://simpleaddiction.com/collections/leggings/products/sa-exclusive-sassy-leopard-grey-and-black-capri-leggings

I got cheetah, leopard, camo, sugar skulls and 2 spider web ones. And now Im looking for some solid black T’s to pair with them. I’m cheap and want to spend, like, $2 bucks on them since they’re lounge outfits.  I got six pairs of these for $42 or something?... and I want more!

Re: Tuesday Morning Blues

• Options
    @CharmedPam I've been very much vibing the leopard print lately, so I love those.

Who has a FitBit here? Do you have with Android phone? I'm considering it in the spring.

I must recommend a band as it's completely out of my {and M's} realm of normal listening.
    The Hu
    They're mongolian throat singing. It's good.
    We heard "Wolf Totem" by The Hu feat Jacoby Shaddix {of Papa Roach}
    then we heard "Woman Song" by The Hu feat Lzzy Hale {of Halestorm}

M realized they are the band from one of the Star Wars video games {idk which but if you wanna know, I can ask M}

They're kind of a mongolian metal vibe? Anyways ... the translation for "Woman Song" definitely gets lost on meaning.

Side note BabyKitten has been super helpful and trying to teach her manners. We're working on constant 3 words {even though she's mostly there} but the one we try daily she JUST picked up last night lol
    "ice cream please"
    {more like "i-keeeem peeez!"}

Also she's a tad ahead of the curve for speech so we've been lightly trying to work ahead.
    General sense - most toddlers cannot use the letter L or R for a bit. L comes around 3 but both are closer to 5 {on average}
    Since these are the only 2 letters she basically cannot say, I figured that I'd help her work on L's just to see what she'll pick up on.

We use just one word - hello
    She's actually picked up really fast than expected. Constant? No. Used? Sometimes.

For reference there are things she's behind in that we're working on also - like she should be up to following directions up to 3 or 4 steps. She does not, but I feel half the battle is she gets distracted so I don't think it's a "she cannot do it" it's more the "she loses focus on tasks"
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I got some shorts from that brand this summer, they were comfy and a legging material so I'm guessing similar to what you posted. Super comfy looking!

• Options
    Not much here today. I woke up early and a little sore from my upper body workout yesterday. I had cleaning people come today, I think for the last time. Since I'll be released on Friday from post-op, I should be able to do the cleaning now. Also, they just don't do that good of a job. 

I am so over Trump and his idiocy. I couldn't believe (actually I could) how he down played the virus and TOOK HIS Fing mask OFF! If I worked in the WH, I'd be in a constant state of anxiety. Please, please, please have him lose the election!!!!

My FB hiatus seems to be good. It has been hard not to check on it (especially since I'm still immobile). I'm sure it will get better once I can get up and do stuff. I do look at notifications (don't go to the posts) to see if the Nanny posts pictures of my grandboys. I wish I could H to cut back on using his electronics. He is constantly on his phone or iPad. I actually have done some Christmas shopping this week. Not much but a little. The twins are done and I have some small things for my kids. I don't think this will be a huge Christmas.

• Options
    I’m annoyed. I think I might have a flat tire. I work so far I can’t risk getting a real flat on the 15 mile stretch of one lane, no shoulder. I scheduled and appointment for today at 5:15 at the tire place. Then, after I confirmed the appointment, it told me to get there at 5:05. Then make that the appointment time. Or tell me before I book it. So I’ll be late to that because 5:15 was already pushing it. 

I can’t wait for today to be over. We’re so short staffed, and it’s my day to be the contact person for the entire region. I just feel behind and I’m sure FIs alarm going off at 5 and waking me up didn’t help. And then he didn’t even get up! But I was awake. Ugh. 

I’m not surprised by anything the Cheeto does, but I do think he looked awful. He was huffing and puffing through clenched, grimaced teeth and he couldn’t even finish a sentence without taking a gasping breath. I 100% believe he’s doing much worse than they’re trying to portray and he should still be in the hospital. He just makes me so angry. 

• Options

For reference there are things she's behind in that we're working on also - like she should be up to following directions up to 3 or 4 steps. She does not, but I feel half the battle is she gets distracted so I don't think it's a "she cannot do it" it's more the "she loses focus on tasks"
    That's okay, BabyKitten.  I'm over 40 years older than you and do this all the time!

I did an unusual weekday grocery shopping trip when I got off work last night.  Which meant I got home too late.  Which meant I went to sleep too late.  Which means I can barely keep my eyes open this morning, lol.  It was probably just as well I went to the store.  The power was out in our neighborhood for hours and didn't come back on until shortly after I got home. No idea why it went out, the weather was fine.

Apparently I haven't been watching much news, lol.  I came to work and saw an e-mail that asked us to double check our WFH ability tonight, in case we have to WFH later in the week for Tropical Storm (soon to be a hurricane) Delta.

Me:  "Huh, what?  Tropical storm?  Okay.  Wait.  It's already October!  WTH, smh."  Well, hi there New Orleans.  Look at you just smack dab in the middle of the cone (sigh).

So maybe I will be WFH Thurs. and/or Fri.  It would be a very tiny silver lining if there is bad weather.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Cheeto situation has me incredibly angry.  The stunts he's pulling while ignoring the guidance output by his own CDC and task force are mind boggling.  I am glad that I haven't heard him defended by people near me because I'd flip out.     

Our area is seeing a spike so we shall see how things pan out for the kids.   Yesterday our HS was closed but all kids are in school today.   The rest of the week is appointment city.   Tomorrow hair, Thursday the kids go to the dentist and Friday I have my flat chest flattened even more.  

I am not an athlete by any stretch but I did get up today and work out.   That's 3 days in a row and I didn't hate it as much as I did yesterday.  I keep reminding myself that I don't want to drop dead and that seems to be working as motivation.  
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise I haven't picked up any new hobbies but have started working on the new grandbaby's Christmas stocking (for Christmas 2021 since DD isn't due until April). I figured it was a good time to get started on that. I've also been reading but not as much as I thought I would. I've been bingeing a lot of movies/shows. Yeah these cleaners just didn't do that good of a job of dusting. We have to small long haired dogs and for some reason they generate a lot of dust balls. I normally keep on top of it, but every two weeks just isn't frequently enough. H will vacuum every so often but he doesn't dust the furniture lol. He has of course been busy taking care of me!
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise it's really good! BabyKitten was dancing to it and we're like "Lol .... okay :') "

@short+sassy so does M but he's ADHD - I genuinely wonder if she'll end up being that too. Girls are often harder to diagnose in many things
  • Options
    @CharmedPam nice! I especially like the leopard or as we call it over here “leppid”
    @MissKittyDanger I think consistently following a 3-4 step instruction is too high an expectation for a 2-2.5 year old.  I like her key sentence “ice cream please” :) 

I’m sooo over Trump and his BS.

Three different students of mine were sent home today with Covid-like symptoms.  One I was with side by side second through fifth periods, before he went to the nurse sixth.  Guys please don’t lie on your before-school health surveys, just to get into the building  :| cases are on the rise in some of our surrounding areas but so far the district has done a good job of containing a solo case.

• Options
    Oh no, @ei34, I hope it ends up not being Covid!  That's so nerve racking!

• Options
    Interesting day at work.  For morale we are having an essay writing contest this week, which is a little random, but I always loved writing essays so I thought I would give it a try.  My goodness is it hard to go from research essays to personal essays!  I do miss writing though.  

• Options
    @short+sassy Is it supposed to be a pretty bad storm?  Hopefully it's pretty weak and doesn't cause too much damage!  Though, at the same time lets you WFH ....

• Options
    @short+sassy It looks like that storm is picking up. Vibes for safety headed your way. 

Incidentally, our cleaner came this morning. I love when she comes, but it I miss having her come while I was in the office. I feel like I'm in her way WFH. She does do a great job, though. My recommendation is to find an independent person rather than a company. First, I know she's actually paid a decent wage. But secondly, she's her own business, so she has the incentive to do the good job to keep clients and get referrals. The downside is that scheduling isn't as convenient, but that's no big deal for us. 

Otherwise, SSDD. I hate Tuesday. 
  • Options
    @ei34 so the 3-4 step seems to depend on the kid. Apparently 2.5 is around when they should be able to but at her 2yr virtual well child we were to try and encourage 2-3 and go forward. Idk if it's cuz our dr sees she is able to or just wants to see if she can? Idk. I didn't think to ask lol Dr asked if BabyKitten could do 2 and then if she could do 3
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    @short+sassy Is it supposed to be a pretty bad storm?  Hopefully it's pretty weak and doesn't cause too much damage!  Though, at the same time lets you WFH ....
    That would be ideal!  It just always feels like such a crap shoot.  Most of the time people are gearing up and freaking out.  And then nothing happens.  But you can't let your guard down either because it can be devastating.

Right now, it is a really bad and strong storm for the Yucatan Peninsula.  It's strengthened (or will be strengthening) to a Category 4 Hurricane.  The category ranges are up to 5, with 5 being the strongest.

However, going over some land will weaken it.  Then it will fling back into the Gulf, but the waters in the Gulf are cooler at this time of year...which is why we usually don't have hurricanes in Oct.  In the Gulf, it will weaken some more because of the cooler water, but is still expected to hit the US as a Category 2. 

In Louisiana, there has already been a voluntary evacuation ordered for areas outside of the levee system.  I don't think it will be a strong enough storm to have a mandatory evacuation for NOLA and no one is saying anything like that either, which is a positive sign.  It's also seems to be a fast moving storm, which is a good thing. 

The catch phrase governors and mayors use when an evacuation is not being called, but there are still dangerous conditions is to "Shelter in Place".  Which basically means stock up and stay home, but no need to evacuate.  My H and I have made up our own silly "Shelter in Place" dance, lol.  When we hear that phrase on tv during an event like this...we jump up, put both our arms straight up in the air.  Then, without moving our feet at all (this is the key definition), start gyrating around kind of like one of those wacky, waving, inflatable tube people.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ei34 so the 3-4 step seems to depend on the kid. Apparently 2.5 is around when they should be able to but at her 2yr virtual well child we were to try and encourage 2-3 and go forward. Idk if it's cuz our dr sees she is able to or just wants to see if she can? Idk. I didn't think to ask lol Dr asked if BabyKitten could do 2 and then if she could do 3
    Not to be snarky but everything depends on the kid. That is why there is such a large age range for developmental milestones. My grandsons' doctor was a tad concerned that they weren't very verbal at 15 mos. She suggested evaluation. DD's nanny (who has tons of experience) and I told her not to worry or have the evaluation until they were at least 18  mos. By that time they were chattering up storm. Yes some kids do things early and others a bit later. As long as it is within the window of normal, I wouldn't worry or push it. 
    My aunt had four children, with a bigger gap in ages for the youngest.  I think the next youngest sibling is about 6-7 years older.

His parents started getting concerned as he was reaching the age of 2, but didn't speak much and only said a few words.  But his hearing seemed fine and he also seemed to understand words fine.

My aunt took him to his pediatrician to discuss this problem.  The pediatrician laughs and says something like, "Of course he isn't talking.  He doesn't have to.  He grunts at something and there are five people jumping up to get it for him."  The doctor's advice was to pretend you don't know what he wants and make him start saying the words.  With the caveat that if he still wasn't improving over the next 1-2 months, to bring him back.  But it worked like a charm and my cousin was substantially more vocal within a short period of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not to be snarky but everything depends on the kid. That is why there is such a large age range for developmental milestones. My grandsons' doctor was a tad concerned that they weren't very verbal at 15 mos. She suggested evaluation. DD's nanny (who has tons of experience) and I told her not to worry or have the evaluation until they were at least 18  mos. By that time they were chattering up storm. Yes some kids do things early and others a bit later. As long as it is within the window of normal, I wouldn't worry or push it. 
    This is so true. My BFF has 2yo twins; one is super chatty the other not at all. She can talk she just chooses not to (& her sister will also talk for her). My friend isn’t worried at all (neither is their doctor). It’s so interesting though to see how in twins one will do something first, then the other will do something else first. Each kid is different. 
  • Options
    This is so true. My BFF has 2yo twins; one is super chatty the other not at all. She can talk she just chooses not to (& her sister will also talk for her). My friend isn’t worried at all (neither is their doctor). It’s so interesting though to see how in twins one will do something first, then the other will do something else first. Each kid is different. 
    The bolded is so true. One of the guys is a maniac. Very physical and crawled/walked first (by about a week). He fell a lot. The other one just sat and watch. We always said he was thinking his brother was always falling so there must be a better way! He walked but was very deliberate about it with less falling. He is also the biggest talker of the two.
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    That would be ideal!  It just always feels like such a crap shoot.  Most of the time people are gearing up and freaking out.  And then nothing happens.  But you can't let your guard down either because it can be devastating.

Right now, it is a really bad and strong storm for the Yucatan Peninsula.  It's strengthened (or will be strengthening) to a Category 4 Hurricane.  The category ranges are up to 5, with 5 being the strongest.

However, going over some land will weaken it.  Then it will fling back into the Gulf, but the waters in the Gulf are cooler at this time of year...which is why we usually don't have hurricanes in Oct.  In the Gulf, it will weaken some more because of the cooler water, but is still expected to hit the US as a Category 2. 

In Louisiana, there has already been a voluntary evacuation ordered for areas outside of the levee system.  I don't think it will be a strong enough storm to have a mandatory evacuation for NOLA and no one is saying anything like that either, which is a positive sign.  It's also seems to be a fast moving storm, which is a good thing. 

The catch phrase governors and mayors use when an evacuation is not being called, but there are still dangerous conditions is to "Shelter in Place".  Which basically means stock up and stay home, but no need to evacuate.  My H and I have made up our own silly "Shelter in Place" dance, lol.  When we hear that phrase on tv during an event like this...we jump up, put both our arms straight up in the air.  Then, without moving our feet at all (this is the key definition), start gyrating around kind of like one of those wacky, waving, inflatable tube people.  
    I can picture this. LOL!

• Options
    Oh not snarky at all! There's some things that we try to encourage {not push} because we know BabyKitten can do it {ex: getting dressed} But other things like the doing things in multi-steps we're more lax because she's learning.
    Some days she can do up to 4 steps, other days she doesn't wanna listen and barely does 2
    I think our dr was seeing how she was via our virtual appt and has seen how she does things and maybe saw something in BabyKitten? I'm not sure. I really didn't ask at the time as we had other questions and trying to wrangle BabyKitten during it lol