Wedding Woes

Trenta on TUESDAY

Anyone else ever get a trenta size at Starbucks? 

Re: Trenta on TUESDAY

• I suspect the "trenta" is what K is getting this morning.  I told them not to forget breakfast and all I really understood was "starbucks".  :)  I think we take turns at being the "not morning" person.

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed at work, but trying to keep calm and just do things one at a time.  Dealing with 2 full time jobs and multiple boss expectations is wearing thin, but I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm just trying to hold on.

I received a text from the stupid governor campaign inviting me to some event he's doing.  I told them to take me off the list, the only way I'd go is to protest his sorry ass except that I believe science, so wouldn't be going, but thanks for helping continue the surge that is overwhelming our 2 hospital system.  There was no response, but I think it's safe to say I won't be hearing from them again.  

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm starting to wonder if my medication isn't making me a little apathetic, but honestly, I kind of need that too.  IDK where the balance is right now.
  • Haven't ordered a trenta yet but I could use one today. I had a training at 8 am this morning and just had this sinking feeling that I was going to wake up late. I double checked my alarm, turned up the volume on my phone, and guess what - still didn't hear my alarm and H didn't wake me up until 7:03 this morning. I have a 40 minute drive to work. I managed to shower, get ready, comfort the baby (she was a mess this morning) and got to work by 7:52 and into my meeting by 7:59. I haven't had coffee yet though and I'm dying.
  • ei34 said:
    I haven't but I could use a trenta sized wine after last night's swearing in...can't believe Trump and the Senate got Barrett through.  Well, I can.  Ugh just sickening.  H and I are looking into early voting.  
    This is where I’m at today. I knew it would happen, and yet part of me was holding out hope that it wouldn’t. This appointment will remake our laws for decades. 

I voted early yesterday. Took about an hour even in my suburban village. Might not have been any shorter than on Election Day, but I’m glad it’s done. 
  • kvruns said:
    Haven't ordered a trenta yet but I could use one today. I had a training at 8 am this morning and just had this sinking feeling that I was going to wake up late. I double checked my alarm, turned up the volume on my phone, and guess what - still didn't hear my alarm and H didn't wake me up until 7:03 this morning. I have a 40 minute drive to work. I managed to shower, get ready, comfort the baby (she was a mess this morning) and got to work by 7:52 and into my meeting by 7:59. I haven't had coffee yet though and I'm dying.
    Impressive getting ready that quick including a shower! I would have skipped that LOL
    The only reason a shower was necessary was due to the rat's nest that my hair was. I showered super fast, threw some mousse in it, and didn't bother with my contacts. I will probably leave my camera off for the virtual OE meeting I have to do at 10 am lol. 
  • ei34 said:
    I haven't but I could use a trenta sized wine after last night's swearing in...can't believe Trump and the Senate got Barrett through.  Well, I can.  Ugh just sickening.  H and I are looking into early voting.  
    This is where I’m at today. I knew it would happen, and yet part of me was holding out hope that it wouldn’t. This appointment will remake our laws for decades. 
    I saw this last night after the confirmation. Fuck these ghouls. Also, it shows exactly where the gop lives. In the past. I hope enough people realize that they are a dead party holding on to a last gasp of power. IF Biden wins, I hope his commission on the judiciary works fast with recommendations that can be implemented quickly. 

• So in an effort to escape, does anyone use an instapot? A friend gave me one a few weeks ago, and I'm thinking I should figure out how to use it. What do you make with it? What works well and what doesn't? 
  • So in an effort to escape, does anyone use an instapot? A friend gave me one a few weeks ago, and I'm thinking I should figure out how to use it. What do you make with it? What works well and what doesn't? 
    Mississippi Pot Roast (I dont like pot roast but I love this!)
    Starbucks copycat egg bites.

Can't say I've loved anything else we've tried. 
    We have a Ninja Foodi, so it does air-frying and pressure cooking.  I think the only thing I've actually made just pressure cooking is rice.  I make whole chicken, but it's a two step pressure cook and air frying process.  Same with chicken wings.  But I bet you could do both and finish them in oven to crisp them up. 

I do want to try yogurt...because DefConn won't shut up about me making some for him.  LOL 
  • Trenta actually isn't available at all stores by me, so no I've never had it.
    Also I would vom after that much caffeine. I get nauseated after 1.5 cups if I don't eat.

Mildly exciting news {mildly because it's not 100% happening yet but the process is started}
    Idk if I mentioned this before, but M's cousin is trans. She came out 3 weeks before BK was born, so M & I felt awful for a bit because we would say BK was first female *LastName* born in 3 generations. She confirmed she was never offended, especially because we didn't know.

Anyways, she is mailing out documents to get bottom surgery!
    I learned a lot recently about the process, so M & I talked about doing a gift basket for her recovery :)
    We'll probably do the typical surgery recovery kind of basket {snacks, drinks, etc} But idk anyone who has had this surgery, any suggestions what we could also do that she would find necessary?
    When my dog was sick, I was making a tonne of broth in my instapot.  It was really easy, and I probably should have stored some for my use, but just gave it all to the dog.  I've also made rice and chicken in it, but don't care for making chicken in the instapot.  I find chicken is much better in a crockpot with the slow cook.  Though that's the boneless chicken - when I did drumsticks in the instapot they turned out nice.

• edited October 2020
    So in an effort to escape, does anyone use an instapot? A friend gave me one a few weeks ago, and I'm thinking I should figure out how to use it. What do you make with it? What works well and what doesn't? 
    We do mostly rice but I know my aunt does A LOT of recipes from their website :)

edit:

forgot I had this link saved
    https://www.brit.co/beginner-instant-pot-recipes/
  • Pre apologies for links because NOTHING is done yet but I want a group reference.

Kitchen. Lighting sucks and I feel it may change what I wanna do after backsplash is done, but we're doing light grey walls and obv the subway tile style backsplash in just plain white.

What would you suggest for counters
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BMU9QMK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RTL64BD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AAZG9S03EN8HY&psc=1

• It was a productive weekend.  My H and I got a bunch of vaccine shots.  We went in on Saturday planning to just each get a flu shot, but the pharmacist was a good "upseller", lol.  The grocery store we went to (Winn Dixie) had a special of getting a $10 coupon for free groceries with a flu shot.  So that was a free 20 bucks to use for the grocery shopping we did before getting the shots.

I also got a pneumonia vaccine.  I didn't even know those existed.  Apparently you only need to get one every 5 years, so I'm hoping I remember that I need to keep getting this one in years that end in either a '0 or a '5, lol.

My H got the flu, tetanus, and shingles vaccines!  He's 10 years older than me and turned 55 in July.  I think that's the age where insurance will cover the shingles vaccine for no cost.  I was very proud of him.  He told me I needed to buy him a toy now, lol.

Unfortunately, we were both feeling crappy for a few days after the vaccines.  I felt bad enough I didn't go to work yesterday.  I feel much better today and my arm isn't nearly as sore as it has been.

I see I missed out on a lot of great WW news!  Congrats @Casadena on the new baby.  Sending my Ts and Ps for sticky one and that your doctor confirms.  Congrats to your brother, @banana468.

I early voted yesterday.  Since I didn't go to work, I assumed arriving in the mid-afternoon on a weekday would have a short line.  It did not (sigh).  I waited in line for over an hour.  I know that is not nearly as bad as some places, but it still really sucked.  Especially since I wasn't prepared for it.  I should have worn sneakers instead of sandals!  But at least it's finally done.

I had already planned to take a random vacation day somewhere around the end of Oct./beginning of Nov.  I decided I'm taking the day after elections off (Nov. 3rd).  However things fall, I've decided that will be a day I'd be useless at work anyway because I'd be very distracted and want to look at/think about all the ramifications.  Both locally and nationally.  I also think it needs to be a heavy drinking day, lol.  Champagne/mimosas if Biden wins.  The harder stuff...I'm thinking Whiskey Sours...if Trump does.   

And it's another hurricane headed for NOLA, smh.  We've been luck all year to have them veer off to the West in the 11th hour.  We'll see.  My coworker and I were joking that it is like Mother Nature is saying, "F**k!  I keep trying to get New Orleans.  I'll get you this time, my pretties."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pre apologies for links because NOTHING is done yet but I want a group reference.

Kitchen. Lighting sucks and I feel it may change what I wanna do after backsplash is done, but we're doing light grey walls and obv the subway tile style backsplash in just plain white.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BMU9QMK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RTL64BD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AAZG9S03EN8HY&psc=1

I like the first one better, but they are both nice.  I don't know if you noticed but, on the box for the first one, the picture has subway tiles for a backsplash, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I like the first one better, but they are both nice.  I don't know if you noticed but, on the box for the first one, the picture has subway tiles for a backsplash, lol!
    LMAO! I didn't! I had to go back and look
    For reference our current counters are basically the granite one but in yellow.
  • @short+sassy  did you have any aches or flu like symptoms? My mom got flu + pneumonia and that evening and the next day she felt awful. She went ahead and got a covid test to be safe although her fever went away and it seemed like a reaction to the shots. Seemed to be the pneumonia piece for her since she always gets a flu shot and never had issues before. 
  • kvruns said:
    @short+sassy  did you have any aches or flu like symptoms? My mom got flu + pneumonia and that evening and the next day she felt awful. She went ahead and got a covid test to be safe although her fever went away and it seemed like a reaction to the shots. Seemed to be the pneumonia piece for her since she always gets a flu shot and never had issues before. 
    The fever can be the immune response to the vaccine & an indication your body is making the antibodies it should in response to the vaccine! So it sucks but it’s actually a good thing. 
  • kvruns said:
    @short+sassy  did you have any aches or flu like symptoms? My mom got flu + pneumonia and that evening and the next day she felt awful. She went ahead and got a covid test to be safe although her fever went away and it seemed like a reaction to the shots. Seemed to be the pneumonia piece for her since she always gets a flu shot and never had issues before. 
    The fever can be the immune response to the vaccine & an indication your body is making the antibodies it should in response to the vaccine! So it sucks but it’s actually a good thing. 
    I had mild aches and felt lethargic.  I didn't have a fever.  But it was more just an overall "meh" feeling.  Some of that might also have been from lack of sleep on Sun. night.  My arm was really sore and hurting a little, so I didn't get a good night's sleep.

I'm almost positive it was the pneumonia vaccine.  I have been getting a flu shot every year for the last 25 years!  That one will make me feel a little yucky on the same day I get it.  My arm will be sore the same day and the next day.  But that's it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I like # 1!  I've been debating doing something like that myself, actually.

• kvruns said:
    I specifically got both my flu shot and B's on Fridays just to be safe since a fever at daycare would lead to quarantine or having to get tested. Figured better safe than sorry 
  • kerbohl said:
    Pre apologies for links because NOTHING is done yet but I want a group reference.

I like # 1!  I've been debating doing something like that myself, actually.
    Both seem super easy but 1 is paint vs 2 is contact paper
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:
    I specifically got both my flu shot and B's on Fridays just to be safe since a fever at daycare would lead to quarantine or having to get tested. Figured better safe than sorry 
    We didn't have to stay home when BK got a mild fever because she's solo at daycare but they also knew it was flu shot.
    Would it make a difference if they knew you got your flu shot?