Wedding Woes

Happy Monday!

2»

Re: Happy Monday!

• banana468 said:
    Congratulations @Casadena! Sticky dust for you!! 

A friend on another forum had the same thing happen.   Kiddo 1 was after numerous rounds of infertility treatments and Kiddo 2 was after some rounds on a date night.   

Sounds about right!!!

Thank you :)
  • Congratulations @Casadena!! That's so exciting. Sending all the sticky vibes

@MissKittyDanger DD had plagiocephaly (flat head) due to torticollis (stiff neck). She had a hard time turning her head to the left when she was a newborn due to tight neck muscles so she ended up getting a flat spot on the back righthand side of her head. We did PT to correct the torticollis and she's been in a helmet for 13 weeks. Tomorrow is the last check in but we'll most likely keep it on for another 2 weeks (H wants her head to be perfectly round).
  • Sending all of the safe and healthy pregnancy vibes @Casadena

• Congrats @Casadena! Sending the healthiest vibes!
  • Casadena said:
    @charlotte989875 I'm glad babysitting went well!  Good luck with back to work this week!
    @STARMOON44 I'm glad you felt safe at the wedding and everyone was taking things seriously!

H and I got the biggest surprise of our lives yesterday morning in the form of a positive pregnancy test.  I'm still in shock.  Obviously I know it's super duper early and anything could happen, but I'm bursting and need to tell someone!!!!!!!  It took us 5 years and 2 rounds of IUI to get pregnant the first time.  I have an appointment coming up to confirm and to test hormone levels (I was on supplemental hormones for 3-4 months last time).  I'm just kind of in a fog at the moment.  We are definitely excited but OMG.  

My parents were here this weekend and it was so fun to hang out with them and get some stuff done around the house!

oooh!! Sticky baby vibes <3
  • Congratulations @Casadena!! That's so exciting. Sending all the sticky vibes

@MissKittyDanger DD had plagiocephaly (flat head) due to torticollis (stiff neck). She had a hard time turning her head to the left when she was a newborn due to tight neck muscles so she ended up getting a flat spot on the back righthand side of her head. We did PT to correct the torticollis and she's been in a helmet for 13 weeks. Tomorrow is the last check in but we'll most likely keep it on for another 2 weeks (H wants her head to be perfectly round).
    Ahhh okay!
    BK had potential torticollis and we had seen physio therapist before going further because dr wanted to see if they could check about tight muscles.
    Luckily it was just a brief thing and they gave us some things to do at home {mildly tight but could be worked easily} She was very observant, so dr said likely that was trying to off-set the tight muscles.

Glad DD is in better shape now :)  your H knows there is no perfectly round head right? ;)
  • Ahhh congratulations @Casadena!!!! 
  • @MissKittyDanger I keep trying to remind him of that ;) I'm hoping the orthotist tomorrow will also remind him of that and he'll be okay taking it off for good. She doesn't mind it at all but it's been 13 weeks of dealing with it and I'm over it. She does still have one small flat spot but it's barely noticeable and I don't think a few more weeks will help it round out anymore.
  • @cupcait927 Flat spots are good. I hope they explain that until age of 4 or 5, the skull hasn't completely formed and the soft spot still exists. I swear BK has bumped her head so much, I'm surprised it hasn't changed her head shape *face palm*
  • Wow, @Casadena, that's amazing!  Congratulations!

• Congratulations to your brother, @banana468!
  • @banana468 exciting! Adorable how your parents were asked :) 
  • Aww such great news @banana468!!
  • Congratulations @Casadena! So happy for you!

Congratulations to your brother @banana468
  • Congratulations @Casadena! That is wonderful. How far apart in age will they be?
  • congrats to your brother @banana468
  • GBCK said:
    Alright, y'all , apparently we are all posting at 10:04 EST, simultaneously.

Yay for babysitters, charlotte...

Fantasy football...I totally should have researched more or engaged more autodraft because, wow, I'm lousy at this :wink:

I had an adorable time playing with a 3 year old at work yesterday.  He did, however, prove the reason I have to explain to the people who do my bi-weekly covid test "Work requires me to get tested frequently because small children lick things and hand them to me all day"

Against all good pandemic advice, I got to see my sister who was cross-country on a job thing.  (It was kinda inevitable, she was staying w my parents who are my SUnday childcare, so, one way or another we're all in the same bubble)

And my area's numbers are up--so I may have convinced the child of mine that we aren't T-or-T ing, I am setting up a scavenger hunt @ our science center that will lead to a treasure trove of candy.  I'm impressed with myself too.  I just finished x-acto knife carving her mask out of craft foam

How's the rest of the world going (I just finished catching up on like 3 days of threads)?

I think @short+sassy autodrafted and has been in first place like the entire season. I carefully researched players and I’m having my worst season ever! 
    I'd rather be lucky than good ;).

I totally screwed up last week.  I have Kamara and forgot to remove him when the Saints had a bi-week.  The Saints are my team!!!  Of all the teams, I know when their bi-week is and still forgot to update my fantasy team.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations @Casadena! That is wonderful. How far apart in age will they be?

SIB: Almost exactly 18 months apart!!!!!
  • banana468 said:
    I forgot to share the good news - my baby brother got engaged Friday!   His boyfriend proposed when they were OOT on a little get together and he even got my parents' blessing ahead of time!  

They are thinking a year from now to tie TK and hopefully many things have subsided by that point.   I'm THRILLED for them! 
    How exciting!!!!  And very sweet that he spoke to your parents :)  Congratulations!
  • Congratulations for your brother and his FI @banana468