Wedding Woes

Cuz it's FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY

2»

Re: Cuz it's FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY

• The prices are amazing @MissKittyDanger.  Usually amazon has cheaper prices but they’re selling the exact same Making Mauves palette for $45.  It’s $14 on the CP website and what? Free shipping after $30?  (American mind you)

• @charlotte989875 awesome news!!! Bring out the (insert drink of choice) this weekend!

• @VarunaTT my heart is hurting for you. 

Infection rates are going up here too, so more/new guidelines. Restaurants, bars and gyms have to be closed by 10pm. A lot of schools are moving to all remote learning. Meanwhile, my aunt must be mad that her son/my cousin won't host them for Thanksgiving because she posted some dumb meme about celebrating the holidays anyway, and don't live in fear, and you never know how much more time you have. UH, if you are going to travel (they live a few states away) into a state with a high infection rate, you could very well catch Covid, and you might die. So was eating turkey at your son's home worth it? I'm sure my cousin also wants to keep his family safe - he has a daughter in college and one in HS. 

I'm also annoyed by my job and the owners' insistence on us all being in the office. Protocols are not being followed, and even when I brought this up to HR, she brushed it off. Not much more I can do, unless I want to lose my job. I'm sure we're headed for another shutdown and it's just a matter of time. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2020
    @charlotte989875, congratulations to your H!

@VarunaTT, I'm so sorry. I hope K signs. (((Hugs)))

@MissKittyDanger, I like that first option.

Infection rates are going up here too, so more/new guidelines. Restaurants, bars and gyms have to be closed by 10pm. A lot of schools are moving to all remote learning. Meanwhile, my aunt must be mad that her son/my cousin won't host them for Thanksgiving because she posted some dumb meme about celebrating the holidays anyway, and don't live in fear, and you never know how much more time you have. UH, if you are going to travel (they live a few states away) into a state with a high infection rate, you could very well catch Covid, and you might die. So was eating turkey at your son's home worth it? I'm sure my cousin also wants to keep his family safe - he has a daughter in college and one in HS. 

I'm also annoyed by my job and the owners' insistence on us all being in the office. Protocols are not being followed, and even when I brought this up to HR, she brushed it off. Not much more I can do, unless I want to lose my job. I'm sure we're headed for another shutdown and it's just a matter of time. 
    The website for the illegal musical event I mentioned had a line on it that was something like (I'm paraphrasing), "Don't let a disease with a 99% recovery rate keep you from celebrating Jesus."

I do agree with the general premise that we don't know how long we have on this earth so it's important to enjoy the present.  But there is a line and people should take steps to try and not shorten that time.  For example, I don't eat fried chicken and cheesecake every day.  Or even every month because those are not healthy foods.  Much as I would like to, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

The website for the illegal musical event I mentioned had a line on it that was something like (I'm paraphrasing), "Don't let a disease with a 99% recovery rate keep you from celebrating Jesus."

I do agree with the general premise that we don't know how long we have on this earth so it's important to enjoy the present.  But there is a line and people should take steps to try and not shorten that time.  For example, I don't eat fried chicken and cheesecake every day.  Or even every month because those are not healthy foods.  Much as I would like to, lol.
    To @climbingwife did anyone respond to your aunt?  I'm guessing the issue is that she's pissed and has taken to social media to air social grievances against her son?  That seems healthy.   

And to @short+sassy I would love to know if any of the people will ever respond, "How Christian is it to inundate a hospital with a case I contracted at this event when I celebrate Jesus each and every day?"   
  • DD got tested yesterday because she had the sniffles (she had constant sniffles and bloody noses when pregnant before). It came back negative today - thank goodness. Their nanny is exhibiting symptoms now so she will get tested. Ugh! I feel for the people who can't afford testing just anywhere. We paid out of pocket yesterday because all the places that accepted insurance were booked.

I'm not sure how Thanksgiving will shake out. DS2 will definitely be here since he has lived on and off with us during quarantine and doesn't see anyone when he isn't here. DD and her family have been in our bubble too but who knows. DS1 & DIL were still planning on being here as of yesterday morning but that could change. They don't go out either since they are WFH and are extremely cautious. I'm planning on them all being here but will understand if only DS2 actually come.

Good vibes to all who have had to be tested. Prayers for negative results!
    No way!  I didn't know it was like that in other places, smh.  In my area, there are a bunch of test sites open every day.  Most of them drive-thru.  Tests are free.  Anyone can have one, symptoms or not.  No appointment needed and they don't even ask for insurance info.

Costco sent me an e-mail that they are selling at-home, self administered COVID tests now.  But they are $125!
    We have plenty of free testing sites but sometimes they run out of tests early in the day. 
  • @CharmedPam as someone who performs paps, that gyn is full of bullshit and you should fire him and find someone else. I will say that the tenaculum is the worst part of the insertion experience. The actual insertion itself is very quick, albeit not painless, but more like one really long bad cramp. But you don’t have to deal with that and you should find someone who isn’t a giant asshole. 

That’s great news! @charlotte989875

It’s a Friday the 13th here. Staff called out, patients are angry, and I just want a glass of wine. Lol. 

• Thanks ladies.  Cervix!  Cervix.  I always spell that wrong.  He even said he’d keep the paragard for me and maybe we can try later if I lost weight.

i KNOW my visceral fat is high, and I’m not in denial.  But the tummy tuck took care of my subcutaneous fat, and what if - what if I was happy where I’m at? Hmmm?

• @banana468 people did respond, and it was not favorable. Basically everyone (friends and family in her age group) telling her they had changed their holiday plans as well, and it's not a big deal to have to skip one year so that everyone stays healthy. Then my aunt 

Meanwhile the day before she had posted something about being thankful for what you have, and then something else reminding people to wear masks. 

Also, my cousin lives in upstate NY so it's not like they can realistically plan for an outdoor dinner. It will most likely be cold! 
  • @charlotte989875 Hooray!  That's wonderful news!

• @Jen4948 I hope you hear back soon!  The waiting sucks after interviews.

• @banana468 people did respond, and it was not favorable. Basically everyone (friends and family in her age group) telling her they had changed their holiday plans as well, and it's not a big deal to have to skip one year so that everyone stays healthy. Then my aunt 
    This is where I’m at too.  It’s ONE YEAR (hopefully)! 

• @charlotte989875, That's fantastic news! I hope you get to celebrate this weekend!
  • So busy, I'm just finally checking in now.  I hope everyone has a good weekend!  Hugs for those who need it and woohoos for those with good news!
  • edited November 2020
    DD got tested yesterday because she had the sniffles (she had constant sniffles and bloody noses when pregnant before). It came back negative today - thank goodness. Their nanny is exhibiting symptoms now so she will get tested. Ugh! I feel for the people who can't afford testing just anywhere. We paid out of pocket yesterday because all the places that accepted insurance were booked.

I'm not sure how Thanksgiving will shake out. DS2 will definitely be here since he has lived on and off with us during quarantine and doesn't see anyone when he isn't here. DD and her family have been in our bubble too but who knows. DS1 & DIL were still planning on being here as of yesterday morning but that could change. They don't go out either since they are WFH and are extremely cautious. I'm planning on them all being here but will understand if only DS2 actually come.

Good vibes to all who have had to be tested. Prayers for negative results!
    No way!  I didn't know it was like that in other places, smh.  In my area, there are a bunch of test sites open every day.  Most of them drive-thru.  Tests are free.  Anyone can have one, symptoms or not.  No appointment needed and they don't even ask for insurance info.

Costco sent me an e-mail that they are selling at-home, self administered COVID tests now.  But they are $125!
    They are tons of free testing sites here in NY, too. CVS is free with insurance and our county sites are all free too. They just changed the county criteria such that anyone, regardless of symptoms or potential exposure can get tested for free. 
    Yes, CVS is free here too. There are other free places too. However, it is hard to get an appointment, and there are few walk in appointments. It is almost impossible to get a rapid test (results in less than 24 hours). We are having to wait 48 hours. @kvruns when I googled testing sites I didn't even see state ones come up - maybe I just missed them. As it turns out, we didn't need to get the tests done super quickly after all. Better safe than sorry though. Now we are staying put and waiting for the results. 

I can't remember if I mentioned that DD had to be tested. She has the sniffles and her hospital told her to get tested. It came back negative - thankfully. She didn't think it was covid but you have to be careful.
  • @banana468 My aunt had posted this really stupid meme saying not to live in fear and have your holidays anyway because you never know how much time you have left, blah blah. It was directed at my cousin/her son because he won't let them come over for Thanksgiving. So basically she was just trying to publicly lay a guilt trip on her son which is just gross. They'd have to travel from DE to upstate NY. 
  • @banana468 My aunt had posted this really stupid meme saying not to live in fear and have your holidays anyway because you never know how much time you have left, blah blah. It was directed at my cousin/her son because he won't let them come over for Thanksgiving. So basically she was just trying to publicly lay a guilt trip on her son which is just gross. They'd have to travel from DE to upstate NY. 
    Got it.  

So she's shaming and laying a public guilt trip on them while also conveniently ignoring that a gathering is against protocols and can increase the chances that she won' be around next year.    And good for the family who told her where to put her guilt trip! 
  • kerbohl said:
    @Jen4948 I hope you hear back soon!  The waiting sucks after interviews.
    Thanks. I'm in waiting mode right now. You're right, it does suck.
  • edited November 2020

@banana468 My aunt had posted this really stupid meme saying not to live in fear and have your holidays anyway because you never know how much time you have left, blah blah. It was directed at my cousin/her son because he won't let them come over for Thanksgiving. So basically she was just trying to publicly lay a guilt trip on her son which is just gross. They'd have to travel from DE to upstate NY. 
    My stepsister posted that meme too! I was pissed off because my SM has congestive heart failure. Granted this could be her last holiday season, but not necessarily but the chances are higher if you don't follow protocols.

ETA:words