Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @VarunaTT I seem to remember you having curly hair and trying out newer products, by any chance was it LUS? I’m looking for some new shampoo/ conditioner and products but would love a recommendation. 
    I looooove LUS. I have the liter bottles of the shampoo and conditioner, their intensive repair conditioner and their hair scent. I fall between a 2c and 3a curl. I have used all 3 of the styling creams. I really like the curly best. When my hair was super long, I did use the kinky/coily and liked it. The wavy wasn't enough to encourage the curly i wanted. 

I have lots of fine curly hair, so products that didn't weight my hair down was a must. One of the best ways I found was to wash and condition, put the cream on in the shower,  then wrap hair in microfiber towel,, then spray it down again [their ever lasting mister is awesome by the way], put the cream in wet hands, use the praying hands method and scrunch. The product is water activated, so you need wet hair.  It sounds lengthy, but it was fast once I had it down. 2nd and 3rd days curls possible with rewetting and maybe a bit of refresher cream in wet hands too. 
    It sounds like we have very similar hair and this is SUPER helpful. My hair is really long now, but fine also and between a 2c/3a so I’m with you on products weighing it down! 

If you workout each day do you just rewet and refresh? I definitely can’t wash it everyday it will get too dried out. 
    I just rinsed in the shower, skipped applying in the shower, then would scrunch and determine if I needed to reapply more cream. I found the microfiber pulling off all the water [but then also product] and then doing just that fine layer back over was key to the product or I ended up struggling with some frizz.  This is also why I bought the hair scent, because it smelled so good and if I wasn't washing, it made it smell fresh again. 

And they have loads of videos of all sorts of hair and examples of how people use it. That trick i picked up from one of their videos and it was seriously amazing.
  • Options
    Oh and i use their intensive conditioner once a week with a cap and anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes. I don't think my hair has ever been so healthy. Even now that I'm not really doing curly because I lopped it all off, im still using the shampoo and conditioners, just to keep it healthy.