Wedding Woes

Happy Tuesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2021 in Wedding Woes
This spoke to me this morning.  LOL

May be an image of 1 person and text that says amber fnlau remember when you were like 12 years old and youd sing along to blink 182 like WORK SUCKS KNOW but you had no idea how much work sucked know now i really do know
It's cold and dreary.  Today is DH's bday.  FIL is coming for dinner.  Maybe the kiddo too. 

At least there will be cupcakes from my fave local store.  (I'm really buying them for me since I didn't get any for my bday, hee) 

SSDD otherwise. 

Re: Happy Tuesday

• My morning bike ride had Float On by Modest Mouse in it and that was stuck in my head until this.  So thank you! That's going to be stuck in my head throughout the day.   

"Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na
    Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na
    Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na
    Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na"

I have meeting after meeting today and need to run to get the mail between them when DH's birthday gift shows up today.  I ordered him a Go Pro camera figuring it would be great for boat time and better than the phone which is waterproof but ....is a phone. 

I have a huge bag of lemons from Costco and I think I'm going to try a new recipe for lemon pesto and possibly chicken piccata so I don't carb load. 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    Didn’t we all change those lyrics to “school sucks”? I don’t even think I was working when that came out! Actually, that had more to do with lack of a greencard than it did with age. 
     So the 3 hour cabinet job turned into 8! But he did take a lunch break in there. He was at my house till 5:40. My floor is not level so this was not easy. And he said he would drill holes for the knobs - and still ran out without doing the holes for the top cabinets. But I can do those I guess. Or my parents. He was in a hurry to leave, I know. He thought it would take 1 day and it took 2. That seemed to be the case in everything we attempted. Double the estimation time. 
     In other news, I made these last night and they are AWESOME. I think it would make a fabulous wing rub too. I’m going to try that next since I’m not much of a thigh fan. @banana468, I used 3 lemons so this could help you with your lemon overload.
    Pic for proof. (Edit to make it an attachment) 

• Those look delicious!  We have a toaster/convection oven so we'll have to see if that could work. 

I'm also going to pester DH to buy grain alcohol to make limoncello. 
  • @banana468 My brother and his wife have been experimenting making "cellos" of sorts with different citrus and seeing how well it works. I still think limoncello is the main one for a reason.

I have the internet drama song from Lubalin about recipe stealing stuck in my head, so I'm going to need some help with that.
  • Its cold and dreary out, but the snow stayed away from us!  

Cassie ate the rest of our chocolate chip cookies that H made on Friday.  So that gave us the sads, I think that the expensive tupperware container will still be usable.  We popped over to my parents house to change the lightbulb outside on the front porch.  They are supposed to show the house today to the prospective buyer.  ::All Things crossed::.  They need this so bad!

I have the periodontist today, I have a feeling I will be told I need some gum scalings done.   He said it was coming, but I've had some pain in a few quadrants so it is inevitable.

Still waiting for photo proofs!
  • Those look delicious, @CharmedPam. I'm going to have to try them. I just got an air fryer this fall and have been having fun using it.

I have yet to have a homemade limoncello that I like as much as the imported stuff. Giada DeLaurentis had a Capri episode on her Giada Entertains show on the Food Network that was all things lemon. There was a fish piccata type dish, lemon sorbet, lemon grilled cheese and lemon risotto. The grill cheese looked kind of weird but everything else looked delicious.

I'm trying a Chicken Tenga recipe that I saw on the Today show last week. I'll let you know how it goes. It can be done either in a slow cooker or pressure cooker. I'm using my pressure cooker. 
  • Popping in for a bit, I've been in meeting hell this week so far and no break until Friday. Normally January is a slower time for me but it hasn't happened this year. And I'm not usually in a ton of meeting so not sure what the heck is going on. Also working on vaccine education for work right now and then I imagine we will get another stimulus package soon which will lead to more quick work since we always try to be first to market compared to competitors. 
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    @banana468 My brother and his wife have been experimenting making "cellos" of sorts with different citrus and seeing how well it works. I still think limoncello is the main one for a reason.

I have the internet drama song from Lubalin about recipe stealing stuck in my head, so I'm going to need some help with that.
    OMG, now I'm stuck too. She a cristin lady! I'm no help at all, but I'll join you

It's a weird day here today. We had storms last night and apparently more are coming tonight, but today is just warm. It's actually kind of muggy. 

Nothing much going on here today. I had a coupon for 50% off 4 weeks of hellofresh, so we're doing that to get out of our winter chicken soup/spaghetti rut. Tonight is taco Tuesday. Actually Taquito Tuesday, but close enough. I've been so uninspired in the kitchen for the last few months. 
  • I loved that Blink 182 song.  
    Good luck at the periodontist @OliveOilsMom!  

Snow flurries here.  The pretty kind, it’s not supposed to stick.  Just willing the day to move along.
  • It's snowing here today. Well, I guess it will eventually be sleet and ice. Fun! 
  • I still think it’s crazy that it snowed all across Southern California yesterday. It snowed on and off all day at work and there was snow on the ground this morning. Crazy. I’m outside screening today and it’s freezing, literally. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

• I saw that it was snowing in Vegas yesterday too. 
  • Chaotic yesterday.

BK - so when she first scratch tested, her allergy reaction was 10mm, but when they redid it yesterday it was 4mm
    So we're good to continue hummus. I made the sweet one because it's the ingredients we had. I'm making the garlic kind this weekend.
    We had 2 meltdowns, and unfortunately we could have avoided one.

First was because she had to wake up before alarm. BK is not fun to be woken. I was making coffee, and she started crying because she wanted hugs. I stopped, went to give her hug, and once she settled I had her hug M so I could finish and get her food.

Later M had to stop at home so we could swap BK's top and sweater, but apparently that was a terrible idea because she had a meltdown and wanted to stay with me.
    We forgot that BK had a change of clothes at daycare .... so that could have been avoided.

Angel - He had his ophthalmologist appt. They think it's kidney or high blood pressure. They want our vet to retest and review for it. Apparently it's not uncommon for high blood pressure to detach the retina. They question why one didn't try to reattach but not much can be done.
    He's not in pain.

And his wonky eyes is likely an infection that didn't get treated. I got Angel at 3m and he went straight to vet, but we have no idea when it happened. Nothing would have hurt him so idk.
  • I had a crap day at work yesterday with my managers manager talking over me in a 1:1, cutting me off, interrupting me. Then had to review that with my manager today. I’m trying to figure out to best address it even though my manager said he was bring it up as well. I’ve rarely felt that disrespected in a meeting before. 

Its sleeting here so no pretty snowfall. Just can’t wait until the weekend. 
  • banana468 said:
    I had a crap day at work yesterday with my managers manager talking over me in a 1:1, cutting me off, interrupting me. Then had to review that with my manager today. I’m trying to figure out to best address it even though my manager said he was bring it up as well. I’ve rarely felt that disrespected in a meeting before. 

Its sleeting here so no pretty snowfall. Just can’t wait until the weekend. 
    That's one of my biggest peeves when dealing with colleagues.   I have a meeting in 20 minutes and one of the people on it is someone who has historically asked me a question and talked over me while I answered it.   

I'm sorry that it's happening with you with coworkers.  If you're drinking I hope there's some nice beer in your future or a lactation cookie. 
    People talk over me all the time too. It's really annoying when that happens. And it's exceptionally unprofessional. I had bad weather over the weekend and for the most part checked out, but things seem a bit better now.
  • mrsconn23 said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says amber fnlau remember when you were like 12 years old and youd sing along to blink 182 like WORK SUCKS KNOW but you had no idea how much work sucked know now i really do know

All you young whipper-snappers on here!  If I'm remembering correctly, that song came out about 2-3 years after I graduated from college.  I was freshly learning how much work sucked, lol.
    hahaha..I was 20 when this song came out, and already working a desk job while I was in college. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

All you young whipper-snappers on here!  If I'm remembering correctly, that song came out about 2-3 years after I graduated from college.  I was freshly learning how much work sucked, lol.
    hahaha..I was 20 when this song came out, and already working a desk job while I was in college. 
    I had p/t jobs in both HS and college.  Primarily as a bank teller.  But I never worked f/t until after I graduated.

My second to last year, I scored a college student's dream job!  P/t job doing reception and filing for a roofing company.  On my first day, the manager told me to bring a book or my homework, because there would be a lot of down time and I was welcome to do what I wanted between phone calls, if all the filing/office work was done.  I was able to do most of my studying and assignments while I was working.  I had SO much more free time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:

I was closer to 16/17 when it came out.  I was definitely still in HS.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:

FWIW I was in high school.  I happened to love work (can’t remember if it was the bakery or concessions at a Rookie-league Toronto Blue Jays affiliate summer stadium with all my friends, but something fun).  I cringe a bit when I see the millennial page meme/text posts with the “remember when this song played when you were 9...” and I remember it clearly but I was 22 😳 generational differences can be funky 
  • Because I had to know, “All the Small Things” was released January 2000. I was a freshman in high school. 
  • Because I had to know, “All the Small Things” was released January 2000. I was a freshman in high school. 
    OK, so I was 18 in and in the last half of my Sr year.  
    Thanks for looking that up! I was 20, waiting tables in college. It sucked so much. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Because I had to know, “All the Small Things” was released January 2000. I was a freshman in high school. 
    class of 2000!
  • edited January 2021
    Kitchen design coming :)
  • kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Because I had to know, “All the Small Things” was released January 2000. I was a freshman in high school. 
    class of 2000!
    Woot, woot!
  • I was 19 and in my sophomore year of college.  Wow! 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    I was in 10th grade ☺️ Any other class of 2002??
    eta- which would put me at my bakery job, if anyone was burning to know, lol 
  • High school for me.  I may have had a job mucking out horse stalls in exchange for lessons, but I loved it!  One of the advantages of a bad sense of smell.