Wedding Woes
Options

Wacky Wednesday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited January 2021 in Wedding Woes
Hi my name is CharmedPam, and I’m addicted to gym equipment.  Buying. Not using.  Haha.

I bought this on Monday and it already shipped!  I should get it in about a week.  Way better than boflex’s 3 month wait. 

And help me because I may have a problem.

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• Options
    We just got our treadmill set up so now I’m addicted to buying indoor gym clothes because most of my stuff is outdoor cold weather gear. Im Charlotte and have a gym clothes addiction. 
  • Options
    LOL I, too, have a gym clothes addiction. I have bought so many leggings since the pandemic has started. I just got fleece lined leggings because I've been freezing for the last week. I justify it by saying I can also just wear them at home! Pam, if I had the room I would have more gym equipment. I would love my weights but they are so expensive and difficult to find right now. Let me know how you like that ski machine. I'm sure I will be getting ads for it now on FB.

I didn't sleep well last night because the old pup was up during the night. I went back to bed after H got up this morning. Now I'm getting ready to go work out. Why is it so damn hard to lose weight.
  • Options
    So M & I were discussing stuff in "bigger picture" sense, and we both agreed that even if Angel passed away tomorrow, we are not ready to move in the physical sense. We started discussing the house and there's a fair amount we want to do. So holding off indefinitely.
    Are we eventually going to move? For sure. But at this rate it won't be for a long while.
    Angel is 15, he could have another solid 5 years.

We're focusing on doing stuff for the house. If we have to financially wait on stuff - our kitchen is not gonna be cheap - then we're downsizing. Or doing things that are lesser expensive {like painting, etc}

We did just get good news that we don't have to purchase new dining chairs. While going thru my nana's place, we are taking a new dining set. Our current table may not last, but we really needed chairs.
    The good part is we could get a booster for BK instead of her highchair. If she were taller, we would just put her in a chair but alas she is tiny.

It's good to have a new focus - especially when part of it is decor and declutter. We really need to do it asap.
    I'm gonna try to convince M to do some this weekend. We'll do more focus on it when I'm done my exam next week. I wanna get some solid reviewing this week/weekend.

Side question, does anyone have a shelf they like for the bathroom?
    One bathroom we have a shelf I wanna replace. Other bathroom has nothing. I'm thinking similar to this for both bathrooms but obv do not like the price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Floating-Bathroom-Decorative-Detachable-Antiqued/dp/B07ZVDHFL5/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=bathroom+shelf&qid=1611762455&sr=8-5
  • Options
    That looks interesting, Pam. I'm curious to see how you like it once it arrives. I'm somewhat convinced that I'd manage to fall off of it, but I love space saving options like that. Add me as addicted to indoor gym clothes. It's what I wear to WFH, so basically my entire wardrobe now. I'm not even sure I need a closet anymore, except maybe for shoes. I've bought like 4 pairs of tennis shoes since pandemic. 
  • Options
    I too have an athleisure addiction.  I had a small fit on Saturday because I literally had nothing to wear.  I ended up finding something cute, but I was super annoyed.  I have some GC's to Amazon, so I may try a wardrobe box from them and AVOID athleisure/casual pieces.  My other shopping issue is jeans.  I have so many pairs. 

FIL took us out to dinner last night.  We ended up being so full from dinner that we didn't have our cupcakes.  They'll keep another day or so, LOL.  I got DH a bottle of Metallica's whiskey, Blackened, for his bday since he loves both things. He was so surprised.  It's very smooth.  I was impressed.

SSDD, still cold and dreary.   We might get sun on Friday.  Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    I wish I had room for gym equipment. I want something so bad but we don't have a good spot for it even though we don't have a small house. I feel like this house has so much wasted sq footage.

I have still been doing my youtube zumba type videos and I like that there are any where from 5 min to 30 min options so depending on how much time I have I can string a few together or just do one short one
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    Oh sorry - I actually did buy that from seeing it on facebook so much.  Sorry if you start getting it too.  I have a feeling ya’ll aren’t suckers like I am, and will hide those ads. I will say my bike is really working my legs! So that’s great.  Def need more core workouts though.

i come home and put on my capris leggings and a tank (I keep it at 72 in my place).  It’s my after work clothes, jammies and next morning’s workout clothes. Simple Addiction has amazing legging capris. 

More snow for us too, this weekend.  Enough of it!

@MissKittyDanger, all great things to sit and talk about. Kitchens ARE $$$, yes.  Maybe if you redo some stuff you might stay longer than anticipated?  Be a “love it” and not “list it” couple :)

edit, words 

• Options
    I’d love an elliptical in the basement.  
    Glad the meeting the teachers went well @Casadena!

Still in SSDD mode here.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam We definitely want to enjoy it, since at this rate it may be almost $7K *dies* We definitely know we'll "grow out" of our house. It was never the 'forever home' and especially with BK growing up, our living room is a bit chaotic and cramped
  • Options
    Speaking of comfy clothes, what are your favorites for warm pajamas that don't run hot?  I want ones that are cozy for the pre sleep and early sleep stages but that don't turn me into a sweaty beast by the middle of the night.   Do they exist or is that the holy grail of pajamas?
  • Options
    @banana468 if you figure that out, please share!!!  
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Speaking of comfy clothes, what are your favorites for warm pajamas that don't run hot?  I want ones that are cozy for the pre sleep and early sleep stages but that don't turn me into a sweaty beast by the middle of the night.   Do they exist or is that the holy grail of pajamas?
    Unfortunately, I firmly believe they do not exist.  I don't usually wear pajama pants but, the few times I did this year, I had really bad mornings every singe time.

It was a vicious cycle!  I'd only wear them to bed on especially chilly nights.  But, at some point during the night, apparently I would get too hot and got covered in sweat.  Which made my hair, tee-shirt, and sheets wet.  So then I would wake up the next morning shivering from cold, even though I was still under the covers.

I knew I would feel so much better just getting out of bed and changing out of my wet clothes.  But the 5-10 minutes of doing that would be freezing torture.  So I'd stay in bed too long because I couldn't bring myself to be even more miserably cold for a few minutes! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I go with cotton and extra blankets. I have great sweatpants but they don't exist anymore in stores.
    But I am a firm believer in layers. I have 2 blankets and a cat when I fall asleep, then when I go to get M to come upstairs, I lose at least a blanket.
  • Options
    I love Soma pajamas. I can't recall the name of the material but they market them as cool nights. I swear by them and the night gowns during the summer. I also love the robes - I have short and long. They aren't cheap but are worth every penny. Sometimes they run sales. They sell them in sets and as separate pieces.
  • Options
    I love Soma pajamas. I can't recall the name of the material but they market them as cool nights. I swear by them and the night gowns during the summer. I also love the robes - I have short and long. They aren't cheap but are worth every penny. Sometimes they run sales. They sell them in sets and as separate pieces.
    I've eyed those and will scout sales!   

• Options
    So, my mom got me these pajamas for Xmas back in 2019. They are totally NOT my style, however, they are silky and I tend to stay cool in them. And I usually always overheat at night. 

https://www.pajamagram.com/women/womens-collections/naturally-nude-pajamas-for-women/naturally-nude-pajamas-blue/PJG-W2427.html

SSDD here. We're also supposed to get that storm. Maybe Sunday into Monday? 

My new desk and chair were just delivered so I'm excited about that.
    I have yet another call scheduled with my lawyer though, so I'm just a ball of nerves. My ex is such a piece of garbage. He's trying to get a permanent OOP against ME. A 6 foot, very strong man that has physically assaulted me (I'm barely 5'2", and small and very not strong) multiple times. But he lied to get an OOP against me back in October, and now wants is permanent. I haven't contacted him since I moved out. AND the OOP he was even granted says I'm not allowed to harm him. 

Sorry for the rant. I'm just so fucking fed up. 
  • Options
    OMG @climbingsingle.  That is a massive amount of bullshit.  Doesn't he need more than his 'word' for something like that?  I mean, wouldn't some evidence be necessary? God he sucks. 
  • Options
    I had to google, and then felt stupid since I should have knon that acrynom. Anyway, he’s doing it to get an advantage in the hearing:

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/the-nuclear-weapon-of-divorce-orders-of-protection/

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    OMG @climbingsingle.  That is a massive amount of bullshit.  Doesn't he need more than his 'word' for something like that?  I mean, wouldn't some evidence be necessary? God he sucks. 
    Apparently not. He just lied and it was granted. He has zero evidence, because nothing actually happened. 
  • Options
    I had to google, and then felt stupid since I should have knon that acrynom. Anyway, he’s doing it to get an advantage in the hearing:

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/the-nuclear-weapon-of-divorce-orders-of-protection/
    Yup, he used it to have me removed from the house. Like I said, he's a fucking piece of shit and I hope he burns in hell. I never put my hands on him. I never threatened him. He has pushed me, shoved me, hit me. He tried to rape me in August. He told me he'd put a bullet in my head. And yet, I'm the one with an OOP against me. 

• Options

Yup, he used it to have me removed from the house. Like I said, he's a fucking piece of shit and I hope he burns in hell. I never put my hands on him. I never threatened him. He has pushed me, shoved me, hit me. He tried to rape me in August. He told me he'd put a bullet in my head. And yet, I'm the one with an OOP against me. 

Is this his way to taunt you, hold any items you may still have and force you to stay away?  It seems like the legal equivalent of "I'm....not....touching....you...." as he has a finger inches away from you.  
  • Options
    @climbingsingle 😞 😞 😞 

• Options

F*ck that guy.  

That’s all I have. The system is so broken where abusers can get OOPs but real victims are so often shut out of being able to access protection because they can’t afford/access/use powerful attorneys. 
  • Options
    Finally some good news and the solution to a problem that's been plaguing me for months.

For the two duplexes I refinanced out of last year, the company (A) who previously held the loan had "force purchased" insurance on the property because they are total, GD morons who ignored my inquiries and the FIVE TIMES I sent them my proof of insurance...both e-mail and Priority Mail, with a tracking number  Then, a different company (B) who was sub-contracted out to handle collecting my mortgage payments and all that financing stuff, ended up charging me an additional $421 on my last payment.  No explanation whatsoever and it was under a line item called "Miscellaneous Fees".  

I got those issues fixed before my closing, but not soon enough to adjust the payoff amount.  I was assured by everyone that it was NBD.  This happens all the time.  It would all come out in the wash and Company A or B would refund me what I was entitled to, usually within a few weeks after the closing.

Company B e-mailed me last week that I had $50.13 due back to me and would I like that in an ACH or mail.  Though to send it via ACH, I'd need to reply back with my routing and account number.  Over something totally unsecure like my Yahoo e-mail?  Really?  But, never mind that, what are you talking about 50 bucks?!?!  Try over $1400.  I BLEW UP AT THEM.  That was on Friday morning.  I got an e-mail back late Friday that they would look into it.

No word since.  So I e-mailed them back this afternoon.  I thanked them for looking into it and asked if they had heard anything, because it has already been three business days.  I got a response back, apologizing that they had not notified me, but the money would be wired into my account tomorrow (it is the correct amount).  I never supplied them with my account information over Yahoo and told them why I wouldn't.  But had told them they could use the same checking account for my refund that they had auto-debted my payments from.

Plus I got almost $300 in checks from the title company for overestimating my property taxes during the closing on those duplexes.  I wasn't upset about this.  It's done on purpose when it's the cusp of property tax amounts being released for the next year, but hadn't been yet at that point in time.

It's such a breath of fresh air to finally be made whole (soon).  But, ffs, why did something this simple have to be this difficult and involve me wasting hours of my time, repeatedly sending the same e-mails over and over again because of their huge mistakes.  And being without my money for over a month.  They never did explain why they charged an extra $400+ for my last payment, but I can tell by the amount of the wire that all/most of it is included. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh ffs @climbingsingle, he needs to step on a rusty rake, barefoot, and have it whack him in the head. 
  • Options
    So glad it was just a cyst @mrsmitten.  Big relief! And don’t be shy about posting “after hours”, we’ll read it in the morning. Always good to hear from you!