Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    kvruns - that might be carpal tunnel related.  You work a desk job with lots of typing mainly, right?  That throw may have aggravated it!

Pam - I think that CEO may be gone?  I recall someone in the VS organization speaking out against having "all sizes" represented in their runway shows, which caused a bunch of bad press for them.  Another lingere company was calling them out over it too and the CEO resigned.
  • Options
    I’m feel joyous today. 
    This pandemic was particularly rough for me. I was pregnant throughout and was laid off from my marketing job 3 weeks before I was supposed to go in maternity leave. It was a super shady situation and I’m fairly certain I had cause to sue, but I couldn’t if I wanted to collect my severance pay. 
    The last week in December a girlfriend of mine asked if I knew anyone looking for a job in marketing. The plan was for me to remain at home until Madison was a school age and return to the workforce, but I told her I wanted to apply. It’s perfect: 100% remote, great benefits, more money, etc.
    I got the job and have been working with this marketing agency for 3 weeks and I’m so happy I took the leap and went back to work. I doubted I could do it, but we’re finding our stride and I’m happy I never gave up hope. 
    That’s my testimony for the day! 
    That’s such good news! I feel you on the pregnancy in the pandemic, it was so hard!!

Do I remember right that your H is a doctor/ in the medical field? That had to be super stressful! 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    I really need to go bra shopping. I am still wearing some of my nursing bra's and My youngest has been weaned for almost a year! I feel like I am a different size now but I never go to department stores or malls since covid to be measured and I don't know what sizes to order online. pre-kids all my bras had underwire (I was A 34DD) Now I hate hate hate underwire. I have some padded sportbras that are okay but I know I need to invest in some new ones.
    I just bagged up my nursing bras to donate and I haven't BF in 3 years. I had 2 that were so comfy (more like a sports bra style) that I've been wearing them still and finally said OK get some new ones
  • Options
    I’m feel joyous today. 
    This pandemic was particularly rough for me. I was pregnant throughout and was laid off from my marketing job 3 weeks before I was supposed to go in maternity leave. It was a super shady situation and I’m fairly certain I had cause to sue, but I couldn’t if I wanted to collect my severance pay. 
    The last week in December a girlfriend of mine asked if I knew anyone looking for a job in marketing. The plan was for me to remain at home until Madison was a school age and return to the workforce, but I told her I wanted to apply. It’s perfect: 100% remote, great benefits, more money, etc.
    I got the job and have been working with this marketing agency for 3 weeks and I’m so happy I took the leap and went back to work. I doubted I could do it, but we’re finding our stride and I’m happy I never gave up hope. 
    That’s my testimony for the day! 
    That’s such good news! I feel you on the pregnancy in the pandemic, it was so hard!!

Do I remember right that your H is a doctor/ in the medical field? That had to be super stressful! 
    Yes, he’s in podiatry. He was only doing telemedicine from March-June which was lessened the stress, but when he went back he was in full PPE and very careful. In NJ he couldn’t come to any appointments and he missed out on a lot of the visits. He’s vaccinated now so I feel much better. I’m hoping more vaccines will be made available soon! 
  • Options
    Sorry about the pregnancy funk @Casadena. I don’t know if this helps but the pandemic pregnancy stress and anxiety is real! Probably more so than regular pregnancy hormones and stress. Hang in there! 
  • Options
    I have 3 everyday bras.  I also have a black bra that is the same as the everyday ones, I just rarely wear it as I have more light clothes.  I have about 3 old "everyday" ones that I've retired, but wear if laundry hasn't been done in a bit.  I also have sexy or fun bras that I rarely wear and a good long line bra.  I also have not worn an underwire bra in AGES - probably 10ish years.  They have so many good options without underwire now, even with my large boobs - there is no going back! clicky is the closest I see to what I bought last.  I love them!  Before I purchase my last bras, I figured out how to measure myself online and that helped tremendously with fit!

Ei - It seems like a medicine may be needed, but would your daughter eat prunes?  We tell DD they are big fruit snacks and she gobbles them up when we give her some.  We usually give her 3 at a time, when she hasn't gone in a few days.  I've also heard of other moms who need to give Miralax daily for their kid.

Climbing - Have you tried a chiropractor for your hip?  If the alignment is off, they can help get it back in place.  

Monday was good.  I have a few tests my GYN needs to do, including an internal ultrasound to check on my PCOS.  I naturally haven't had a period since June 2019!  So I need to check on the uterine lining thickness, then I will medically induce a period and have an IUD implanted afterwards.  Anyone else have an IUD?  I know it will be easier since I have birthed a child, but any tips?  I will have H there to drive me home, just in case.  And another mammogram since I'm turning 40 this year.

Not much going on today.
    I had my IUD in at 6 weeks pp and I remember it being uncomfortable at insertion and maybe a little cramping afterward but not bad. I did bleed for 6 weeks after...which was fun after 6 weeks of postpartum bleeding too. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I am VERY small chested so take these comments with that info.   Those needing more support may have different feedback:

Current favorites are Natori and Third Love.  

Natori gets into Rue La La and Haute Look sales plus Nordstrom sales frequently.  

For bralettes I have gone w/ Aerie  and Free People I think.  I don't care about that fit as much.
  • Options
    Re: Third Love (which of course I'm now seeing endless ads for), I like that they have half sizes. The fit is pretty spot on and they are comfy. 
  • Options
    I feel like I am the opposite end of the spectrum in regards to bras. There was awhile I owned 55. I was absolutely obsessed and VS semi annual sales were my jam. Did I ever wear them? Nope, I wore the same three over and over. Now I don’t even know why I own any normal bras because for the past year and a half all I’ve worn are sports bras. 

Weekend was okay. It did not play out at all like I thought it would. FSIL A and her FI had FBIL over on Saturday night. He is literally one of the most COVID unsafe people I know. Raves, sharing vapes, smoking, travel, all of it. So we cancelled going over to see super bowl with them. They’re pissed at us. Actions have consequences. If you’re going to break the quarantine bubble we have with one of the most unsafe people around, then don’t expect us to put ourselves at risk. I’m disappointed and hurt they couldn’t just chill for one night. 

I am having a rough morning. I didn’t eat much yesterday and then I took vitamins this morning on an extra empty stomach which then led to me puking in the parking lot before work. So not a great day back. Lol. But FI and I were able to spend some time together with just the two of us which was really nice this weekend. I

• Options
    @levioosa that is me too! I also am getting rid of a bag of basically new without tags push up bras from VS that were all bought during the semi-annual sales but never worn after I had a kid. Hoping someone else can use them and enjoy.

I hope you're feeling better after the puking, ugh 
  • Options
    I love my Lane Bryant bras.  I get the back smoothing one and it's super comfortable.  Having 4 usually means they'll last about 2 years with delicate washes and air drying.  I usually have 2 light colored, 2 black, and then a few fun ones meant to be taken off. :smiley:

IDK if anyone is watching the impeachment trial, but the video that the Democrat Party put together to show the process of events is chilling, terrifying, and angering.  I'm tearing up from rage and disgust, TBH.  There has to be massive accountability for this.  Some of the footage I hadn't seen before.  Congressional members must have been terrified.  The video makes obvious members were being hunted by the mob.
  • Options
    Re: Third Love (which of course I'm now seeing endless ads for), I like that they have half sizes. The fit is pretty spot on and they are comfy. 
    does it explain how to measure? I feel like that would benefit me too lol
  • Options
    I took yesterday off.  It was a glorious day of not wearing a bra and napping on the couch.  It was the last day of DefConn's quarantine.  

I own, 7, or so regular bras.  I only wear 2-3 often.  I own a shit ton of sports bras (probably 15 or so).  I wear sports bras most of the time.  I have been casually shopping for new bras.  I need to get one or two more and retire some of my older ones. 

Congrats on the job @NBSquared2017!

The weekend was alright.  DH replaced our bathroom fan.  We had people over for the Superbowl.  I made all the snacks. 

I'm so over winter.  I'm feeling all sorts of blah.  And it's going to get really cold this week.  
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom, I'm on my third Mirena and I love it. I've had no side effects, no periods, no pregnancy scares in 11 years. I've never been pregnant, so it will probably be easier for you, but I highly recommend asking the doctor for meds to dilate your cervix for insertion. I've heard people have had a rough go of it, but I've always managed to drive myself home (and to get a pint of ice cream) after.  

I've got 2 regular rotation bras, but probably 10 sports bras. I pretty much only wear a sports bra if I'm WFH or just running errands on weekends. I guess I used to have more real bras, but with being mostly WFH and now pandemic, I haven't replaced ones that have worn out in a while. 

The long weekend was really nice. Yesterday got up to 60 degrees, so I spent most of the afternoon outside with the dog. I'm really looking forward to spring. Nothing much else going on. I'm thinking about whether it's time to start looking for my next role, because I'm bored. 
  • Options
    does it explain how to measure? I feel like that would benefit me too lol
    It doesn't but gives a comparison of "what are the current bras you're wearing" questionnaire.  

My gripe is that  Third Love rarely goes on sale so at nearly $50/bra it's not insignificant.  That said - they're far better quality than the VS ones. 
  • Options
    Information no one asked for, but here you go :)

M & I are trying to better ourselves/jobs while parenting, so we've had conversations about things we want to accomplish. I definitely have a longer list so my timeline is a little more ridged {which M fears sets up for a meltdown if something skews - yep definitely a possibility}

So I find out probably the EARLIEST around the 18th if I passed my exam.
    If that's good, then I can do my next step and start practicing driving again.

Why wait? If I fail exam, I want to retake in summer so I don't want to focus on 2 things. That doesn't work for me.

Ideally I wanna take my drivers exam in fall BUT I am willing to push until spring 2022.

Since BK starts kindergarten in fall 2022, I would like to get a car {small - think like ford focus size} because with hours, I would do drop off, BK would be at the after school program for a bit and then M would be picking her up.

Also M wants to take a course, so I want him to be able to focus on that instead of helping me drive. If I can drive solo, that would save him hassle about doing errands. He could keep eye on BK while I do grocery pick up or whatever.

I'm considering next year taking yoga or something.

In 2023 {when BK is 5} I'm likely taking a math course. Eventually this will lead me into another course option for work. Math isn't a necessary thing for this course HOWEVER knowing there is math involved, I would like to know I can do it easier. Math is not my strong subject so this would benefit me. Depending on how long that course is, I may start work course shortly after finishing.

Also M would like to take a calculus class for funsies but I told him to wait until he does the other program first as it would benefit his job.

THIS IS LITERALLY A 2.5 YEAR PLAN!!

So are we insane? Maybe. lol

We're hoping while 1 is in course, the other can pick up house/family load.
  • Options

M & I are trying to better ourselves/jobs while parenting, so we've had conversations about things we want to accomplish. I definitely have a longer list so my timeline is a little more ridged {which M fears sets up for a meltdown if something skews - yep definitely a possibility}

Why wait? If I fail exam, I want to retake in summer so I don't want to focus on 2 things. That doesn't work for me.

Ideally I wanna take my drivers exam in fall BUT I am willing to push until spring 2022.

Since BK starts kindergarten in fall 2022, I would like to get a car {small - think like ford focus size} because with hours, I would do drop off, BK would be at the after school program for a bit and then M would be picking her up.

Also M wants to take a course, so I want him to be able to focus on that instead of helping me drive. If I can drive solo, that would save him hassle about doing errands. He could keep eye on BK while I do grocery pick up or whatever.

In 2023 {when BK is 5} I'm likely taking a math course. Eventually this will lead me into another course option for work. Math isn't a necessary thing for this course HOWEVER knowing there is math involved, I would like to know I can do it easier. Math is not my strong subject so this would benefit me. Depending on how long that course is, I may start work course shortly after finishing.

Also M would like to take a calculus class for funsies but I told him to wait until he does the other program first as it would benefit his job.

I’m just stuck on taking calculus for fun 🤣
    ((Cue look of horror on my face))  That was the only college class I did a "withdrawal" and then took again in a different semester.

But, seriously.  That's awesome, @MissKittyDanger!  It's great you all have thought about specific goals and timelines you want to achieve them in.  Plus the "pros" to enjoy when they are accomplished.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I said the same to him
    Me: for .... funsies?
    M: yes
    Me: I AM TAKING A BASIC MATH CLASS AND YOU WANT TO TAKE CALC FOR FUNSIES!?
    M: :| yes?
  • Options
    ((Cue look of horror on my face))  That was the only college class I did a "withdrawal" and then took again in a different semester.

But, seriously.  That's awesome, @MissKittyDanger!  It's great you all have thought about specific goals and timelines you want to achieve them in.  Plus the "pros" to enjoy when they are accomplished.  
    It's partly because with BK getting older, we want to take advantage of her still being young and able to kinda go with the flow more - instead of trying to do things while she has homework, and potentially after school activities. Kindergarten age has a largely black hole when it comes to programs for kids - there are very few and the ones out there fill fast.

I'm also specific on timelines. M is not, but he will be if I have a timeline for my plans lol
  • Options

I said the same to him
    I mean, I want to what was essentially math camp for grad students when I was in school. I took calculus as an extra class. For fun. 
  • Options

I mean, I want to what was essentially math camp for grad students when I was in school. I took calculus as an extra class. For fun. 
    We didn't have that in grad school, but I took 3 calc classes in college because I liked it, lol.  Math has ALWAYS been my favorite subject. 
  • Options

I said the same to him
    I spent a Saturday with my high school math teacher friend re-learning calculus when I had to take econ in grad school. I wouldn't say fun, but it turns out that it's a lot better than trying to force higher level math concepts into your Red Bull addled brain at 2 in the morning before an 8 am exam while your roommate is snoring in the bunk above you. 
  • Options
    kvruns - that might be carpal tunnel related.  You work a desk job with lots of typing mainly, right?  That throw may have aggravated it!

Pam - I think that CEO may be gone?  I recall someone in the VS organization speaking out against having "all sizes" represented in their runway shows, which caused a bunch of bad press for them.  Another lingere company was calling them out over it too and the CEO resigned.
    I did think about carpal tunnel bc it seemed to fit with what I read online. I had CT when I was pregnant so I figured maybe I have some lingering issues from that (or maybe always will).