Wedding Party
Options

Your Opinion: Father and 2 Brothers Walking the Bride Down the Aisle??

My beautiful daughter is getting married this summer and would like to have me (her father) AND her two brothers walk her down the aisle. Not sure how that would look just yet. Perhaps one brother takes her part way, then the other brother takes her part way, then I (dad) take her the rest of the way to her groom. Have you ever heard of anything like this? I think it's very sweet, as she's quite close to her two (older) brothers, but I, as her father, can't help but feel a bit hurt by not making the whole walk with her myself, as I've always envisioned. Am I being too sensitive?

Re: Your Opinion: Father and 2 Brothers Walking the Bride Down the Aisle??

• Options
    I think it is going to look a bit cumbersome and have never heard of anything like that being done. It is sweet that she wants to include her brothers. However, it is her decision to do this. It is understandable that you are a bit hurt, but it is your daughter's wedding so you should just going along with what she decides to do.
  • Options
    downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2021
    Personally, unless the venue has an unusually long walk down the aisle, I'd recommend that her brothers both walk her part of the way down, one of them on each side, and then you walk her the rest of the way. Most of the weddings I've been to, the walk down the aisle wasn't all that long, and I think it would be a bit choppy/awkward to divide it among three people. Just my opinion.

As for whether you're being too sensitive - I don't think so. It's perfectly understandable that you would've liked to be the only one walking your daughter down the aisle. However, it's ultimately her day and her decision, and you should respect that (I chose to walk down the aisle by myself - an unusual decision, but it felt right for me). Besides, if it helps, I think it's a positive reflection on your family that the three of them have such a good relationship that she wants to include her brothers in such a special moment. Try to think of it that way and maybe you'll feel a little better about the whole thing.