Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Knottie of the week: Pokepoke27

Post away! Looking forward to learning more about you :)

Names of the Couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't
(Because you missed your original turn due to computer issues:))
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: Knottie of the week: Pokepoke27

• Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names of the Couple? Daniel and Amanda

Wedding Date? Haven't set one yet, but we're filing the paperwork next week!!! 

How old are you? Your FI? 20 and 23

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple? He has a small online store and I work 2 jobs - traveling with my dad as a photo assistant and counter person at a dry cleaners when I'm in town. He wants to have his own store one day and I want to be a teacher.

How long have you been dating? 5 1/2 years

Where did the you meet? Online in a chat room. We chatted online for about four months and I went away to visit relatives in New Orleans and didn't really have internet access, and that's when we realized we'd developed feelings for each other. We were "cyber dating" for about a year before he came to see me for the first time.

What was your first impression of your FI? My first impression of him online was that he was a very cute and dorky guy that could have very deep and intelligent conversations with me. My first impression of him at the airport was that he was HOTT! : )

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far? Filing the paperwork, that makes it all so real!

Any wedding-related challenges yet? I would say the biggest challenge at the moment is not being able to set the date. Every time I go online to get a quote on something they require you to put a wedding date, which is so frustrating because I just don't know.

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like! I put the dress on layaway. The hardest part was not buying it outright! I could have with my last paycheck, but then I wouldn't have any money for anything else!! 

Any favorite vendors yet? Since I can't set a date I can't book any vendors, so no.

Colors or theme? Blue and Ivory and we're going with a Southern Belle theme. 

What are your top three wedding-related priorities? File the immigration paperwork, Book the venue, get a good caterer

Any children yet or furbabies? I live in a basement apartment at my parents house, so we don't have any furbabies of our own but we love their boxer to death!! No children.

Kids at wedding? Of course. I love kids! Plus, the majority of my family is from New Orleans and we can't tell them to leave their kids behind, nor can we tell my family here that they can't bring their kids if New Orleans kids are coming. 

Where are you honeymooning? North Georgia mountains. We're going to rent a cabin for a week and do all sorts of fun stuff like white water rafting, hiking, horseback riding, and visiting towns like Helen and dahlonega
    Favorite book? That's a really hard one I love to read! i woiuld have to say the Harry Potter series. I'm such a nerd.

Favorite movie? Disney's Beauty and the Beast lol.

Favorite tv show? Criminal Minds!!! 

Favorite wedding dress designer? I don't really have one, I got my dress at Davids Bridal. It's one in their plus size collection.

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't Probably a photo booth. I looked into it and it seemed out of my price range, even trying to DIY one. 
    (Because you missed your original turn due to computer issues:))
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad to FINALLY read about you :)
    Because I too really wanted a photo booth, I know that you can ask your photog if there is any way that they can set something up for you. It's atleast worth looking into.
    And I am soooo jealous that you get to be a photo assistant! I would love to do that.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at this site for a DIY photobooth:  http://offbeatbride.com/2010/08/diy-photo-booth

It seems fairly easy and shouldn't cost more than about $100 (for software and the paper) if you already have a laptop, printer and webcam.

I'm going to try it out at my wedding next spring -- TOTALLY excited about it!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards