Wedding Woes

March Monday

It is the last Monday of March, the worst month of the year! My weekend break was just so good- a hotel! Eating inside! Seeing my best friend! 

For a change I’m actually in a good mood on a Monday morning. 

Re: March Monday

• The weekend went well until yesterday afternoon. 

Saturday we cleaned and had MIL, FIL and FIL's younger brother for dinner (all guests are fully vaccinated!).  There's some extended family drama with the younger brother that does not involve anyone in our home nor MIL or FIL and it was nice to sit with him and talk before he heads home.  

Sunday is my normal clean up from Saturday and bed linens day.  While cleaning up I was in my downstairs bathroom and my toilet starting bubbling.  I brought it to DH's attention who listened and didn't see anything.  Flash forward to 5 PM and the toilet has no water, looks gross (all that cleaning Saturday LITERALLY down the drain) and the shower is flooded.  

There's a clog in the pipes.  

We don't know where exactly it is but it's in the main part of the house.  Kitchen sink works, dishwasher works but the shower upstairs (that we use daily) is backed up and the toilet is too.  I gave the kids fast showers last night and the toilet over flowed so DH was feeling GREAT.  

We have a 3rd toilet and shower so we aren't shit out of luck (pun intended) but we obviously need to get this fixed and soon.  
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    Glad to hear it @STARMOON44, for some reason I thought you were doing a longer weekend.

Tested negative, yay! And my shot can go forth Wednesday.  

Yesterday, I was waiting on my nutrisystem food.  When I got home from testing, the fed ex truck was infront of my house. He came from the neighbors across from me and left.  15 minutes later, I got an email saying my Nutrisystem order was delivered.  I checked and nada.  I checked ALL DAY and nada. I thought I saw a box on the porch of the house across from me, so around 5 I put on a mask and headed there.  Nope, it was a base of a shovel, standing upright, so I left.

both the neighbors across from me were outside, and the box clearly has “prepared especially for _____” with my name on it in big bold letters.  I’d think this was a case of fed ex checking off “delivered” too soon but it was really suspicous that 10-15 min after the fed ex truck leaves the front of my house, that notification came!  If it’s not there tonight when I get home from work, I’ll call nutrisystem about it. 

• Weekend was fine; the Covid vaccine knocked me out Saturday and was still tired yesterday so we didn’t do much. Feeling better today. 

It snowed this morning. I know that’s still normal for Buffalo but I’m so ready for nice weather. I really want to see people but I’m not comfortable with in-person yet so I’m relying on outside and at 30 degrees and snowing I’m not about to sip wine outside! 

I know Amazon is a trash company that treats it’s workers poorly. But I sent something to an incorrect address and they just shipped out a new one to the right address as a replacement even though it was clearly my fault. 
  • @charlotte989875, I felt pretty yucky on Saturday after my shot on Friday too. Yesterday I was fine. We had people over for dinner yesterday which was fun. We've been getting together during the pandemic and now we are all vaccinated so yay for that. I made some delicious lemon cookies that we had for dessert along with limoncello.  

Yesterday the weather sucked after having an absolutely gorgeous day on Saturday - welcome to spring in the midwest.Today is nice again but it's suppose to go below freezing tonight! I'm delivering an early birthday present to a friend today in case baby comes early. H and I are starting to pull stuff together so we can make a quick exit if needed. Not much else going on.
  • Weekend sucked. I was just in a shitty mood.

Saturday BK woke up at 6am with a nightmare, so I brought her down for some water.
    It felt chilly, but I'd been basically cold all Friday. Still checked the Nest app on M's phone.
    2 degrees lower than what we set as lowest .... t.f?
    Cue 2hrs of anxiety and maybe passed out. About 8am I "woke up" {which feels like I just opened my eyes from blinking} and told M to wake up - to which I got "No, it's Saturday" {we trade sleep in days}
    I'm like "Uh no ... the furnace may not be working."
    We were in limbo with stuff, so I had to pay extra for the new company to come because I hadn't set the account up today.
    It's set up now.

M got a space heater.
    So we spent all weekend cold & trying to be sure the toddler didn't touch it, nor did the blind cat singe his damn whiskers.

I have never wished for a rogue heatwave so much.
  • I’m off work today. And I needed it. 

Friday, we had a low key night at home. Saturday, we got up early af to head to the Air Force museum. It was a good day, but long. I got some quality time with dad in the car (we had to take 2 cars since there was 6 of us). I had the best time with my nephews. They are so ridiculously fun. Yesterday was DefConn’s bday. It was cold and crappy, so we had pretty quiet day. I got super sad toward the end of the day with missing my mom. It caught me off guard. I ended up falling asleep on the couch last night and woke up around 2. Whoops. Glad we’re just chilling at home today. 
  • @STARMOON44, I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

@CharmedPam, yeah negative test and yeah first shot scheduled!  Were you able to get a closer place then the previous appointment you had?

@levioosa, I'm sorry there's been such a rift in the relationship with your FSIL.  Congrats on the continued weight loss!

I heard a sad 'tip" for getting a vaccine appointment.  Think about towns near you or parts of the city that are more strongly Republican.  And look for vaccine appointments there.  Because about half of Republicans have said they will absolutely not get a vaccine vs. about one third of Democrats.

It really burst my bubble!  I'd been so proud of how fast Louisiana and MS had opened up vaccines for everyone and it's easy to get appointments.  But they are both really red states and now that explains a lot (sigh).  

Short week this week!!!  I'm only working M-W.  I am very excited about that.  Good Friday is a holiday at my work, which pushes my half day to Thursday.  So I'm taking a few hours of vacation on Thursday, just to make it a 4-day weekend.  And today is almost half over.  Just 2 1/2 more days to go, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, I'd heard the same thing about "red" areas. That's why we got our first one up in the mountains. Here at least, our corrupt governor is prioritizing red, rural areas, but those areas don't even want the vaccine. So everyone in Atlanta with a car is driving out to the country to get vaccines. Which of course means poor people in Atlanta just have to wait. Fuck my state. 

It was a pretty good weekend here. We got a ton of yard work done, ran some errands, and got the house ready for BIL + family. We had some more storms so I'll need to blow off the driveway again, but at least we kept power the whole time. 
  • @STARMOON44, I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

@CharmedPam, yeah negative test and yeah first shot scheduled!  Were you able to get a closer place then the previous appointment you had?

@levioosa, I'm sorry there's been such a rift in the relationship with your FSIL.  Congrats on the continued weight loss!

I heard a sad 'tip" for getting a vaccine appointment.  Think about towns near you or parts of the city that are more strongly Republican.  And look for vaccine appointments there.  Because about half of Republicans have said they will absolutely not get a vaccine vs. about one third of Democrats.

It really burst my bubble!  I'd been so proud of how fast Louisiana and MS had opened up vaccines for everyone and it's easy to get appointments.  But they are both really red states and now that explains a lot (sigh).  

Short week this week!!!  I'm only working M-W.  I am very excited about that.  Good Friday is a holiday at my work, which pushes my half day to Thursday.  So I'm taking a few hours of vacation on Thursday, just to make it a 4-day weekend.  And today is almost half over.  Just 2 1/2 more days to go, lol.
    Yep, that is how DS1 figures they were able to get an appointment where they did on Saturday. The clinic told him that they were getting a lot of people from his town coming to them for the vaccine. Their state is red but apparently that county is really red.
  • We can make appointments on Thursday! 

I am hoping that neither DH nor I get an appointment before my birthday which is a week from tomorrow.  Not to be a downer and I don't want to get Covid either (duh!) but DH has a history of needing some additional time to deal with a vaccine and often runs a low fever and has side effects.  They are short in duration and it's fairly predictable.  I'm feeling a little bummed knowing that it's the 2nd Covid birthday (and clearly we need to be smart about that) and he hasn't called the contractor yet to move forward on redoing our kitchen.  I know I *can* pick up the phone and do that but doing so means it's outside of his comfort level and it's not a fight I want to pick right now.

So I would really like it if on my birthday he wasn't mopey and fatigued but also need to acknowledge that we both need to get this done as soon as we can. 
  • My small gripe for the day.  One of the engineers I support was on the verge of wanting me to work o/t on Friday, but decided it could wait until Monday.  But he was teetering because what he needed was very, very urgent to get out.

I sent him one requisition to review at 10am and the other one at 2pm.  It's now 15 minutes before the end of the day and he hasn't replied back about either one, lol.  

I mean, it's fine.  It's no skin off my nose.  But then it just makes me question how much of a hurry it really was.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm late - it's actually happy Tuesday.  Had to work very late, and might have to work until about 1 AM on Wednesday too.  We shall see.

I just wanted to say that it's so heartening to hear all this talk about vaccines and people being able to get theirs or schedule appointments.  We are not really there in Ontario yet.  I was speaking to my neighbour who works in a hospital and because her ward doesn't have as much "contact" with Covid, she hasn't even gotten her vaccine yet.  I find that crazy!  I hope she gets it soon so that she feels safe.  

• kerbohl said:
    I'm late - it's actually happy Tuesday.  Had to work very late, and might have to work until about 1 AM on Wednesday too.  We shall see.

I just wanted to say that it's so heartening to hear all this talk about vaccines and people being able to get theirs or schedule appointments.  We are not really there in Ontario yet.  I was speaking to my neighbour who works in a hospital and because her ward doesn't have as much "contact" with Covid, she hasn't even gotten her vaccine yet.  I find that crazy!  I hope she gets it soon so that she feels safe.  
    Oh no!  I'm sorry you have such late hours this week.  I hope vaccines start picking up for you all, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker