Wedding Woes

Today is Tuesday

I posted in Monday's discussion thinking it was today. I just realized today is Tuesday! Lol. We are off this Friday for good Friday so hopefully that makes this week fly by!

Re: Today is Tuesday

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2021
    This Tuesday is better than most.  I was off yesterday and I'm off tomorrow. I do have to work Friday, because it's not a holiday for my company.  Womp, womp. 

I'm watching the Tina Turner documentary.  It's so good.  Some of the stuff from the 80's/90's is infuriating (some of the interview footage is so cringey), but seeing how she feels about her life in current day is the sweetest thing.  She and her current H are the freaking cutest.  I told my dad to watch it, because he loves music documentaries. 

Our new rug is coming today.  I can't wait.  We're also ordering a couch today or tomorrow for our bonus room.  

I'm scheduled to get my jabbin' on April 15th.  
  • @Jstump2, me too and I am hoping for the same!

Work should be fine with nothing left hanging for the week.  But I do have some personal stuff I need to get tied up today or tomorrow, so it's not hanging over me on the long weekend.

I also want to set some goals for myself with the extra time off.  De-cluttering.  Cook a few entrees/appetizers to munch off of all weekend.  Ooohhh!  Try making a sugar-free French 75.  I forgot I'd been wanting to try my hand at creating that cocktail.  Do some reading...both for fun and education.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's a blah Tuesday for me. Thursday is my official first day in my new role. (Weird, but HR has us make changes concurrent with pay periods.) I've given away all of my normal duties and am basically hanging around for questions. I should be working on documenting this last piece of work, but it's god-awful boring, so I'm screwing around instead. 

Last night we went over to the park near the river for the first time this season. My dog jumped right in the river after a goose. I thought we got her well wiped down, but she's hanging out in my office smelling like wildlife. I hate to give her a bath knowing it's going to be muddy again tomorrow, but I might have to. 
  • Why does chaos just keep happening?
    So heat works. Apparently it was a faulty water sensor? Tbh we're not fully clear. 2 things had to be fixed but 1 was the issue.

Anyways, the tech needed to use water to test the sensor {to be sure it was working and not giving fucked error codes} We didn't realize the cup he used was still full and on our front hall table.
    Well BK discovered it this morning and dumped water on herself.
    Luckily M was upstairs and could grab her a new shirt, but good lord. 

Enjoy some joy. BK turns 3 in 2 months so I've ordered a bunch of her bday stuff.

Decor:
    Mickey and Minnie Themed Party Supplies Red and Black Minnie Garland Balloons Happy Birthday Banner for Boys Girls Birthday Baby Shower, Decorations - Amazon Canada

instead of hats:
    Mabingo Set of 12 Mickey Minnie Mouse Costume Deluxe Fabric Ears Headband White Polka Dots Bow Boys Girls Birthday Party Hairs Accessories Baby Shower Headwear Halloween Party Favors Decorations (Red Black): Amazon.ca: Beauty

her outfit:
    HenzWorld Little Girls Dress Polka Dots Costume Headband Princess Birthday Party Cosplay Clothes Outfits Red Toddler Baby Kids: Amazon.ca: Clothing & Accessories

And her gift {which may be late but whatever - I'll probably pick up a little something before her bday if that's the case}
    The Nugget | The original play couch | Free U.S. Shipping (nuggetcomfort.com)
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    Awwe its going to look great @MissKittyDanger! I was going to say I love the colors but then realized those ARE Minnie’s colors.  Duh. And now my browser probably  switched to the canadian version of amazon (I actually use both ca and us)

So when I got home last night, my food order wasnt there. I was just about to pick up the phone and call fed ex to tell them, when there was a knock at my door.  Neighbors. 2 teens.  With my box.  It’s all shelf stable food thank god (the frozen items were delivered 2 days before), and unopened.  They thought I had gotten their delivery instead, but nope.  And don’t act like you didn’t get this box at 10:54 on Sunday! Anyway, it’s in my hands now and no phone call had to be made.

• @climbingsingle you'll need to dye eggs!

The clog is still here!   It's old now and I can't do laundry.   Kiddos are going to start flipping things inside out and DH will start to hear what I sound like when I run out of under pants. 
  • Yay for all of the vaccine appointments! 

It’s our busiest day of work of the week today. I have a staff member who has called off almost two weeks straight. If they show I won’t have to be outside. If they don’t show...well I am not quite mentally prepared for 88 degrees. Ugh. Summer you can hold off a little longer. 

I’ve started running my hike since I’ve been doing it without FSIL and I don’t want to be on it alone in the dark. I’m pleasantly surprised at how well I’ve held up. I haven’t run in years. I mostly stopped running due to the constant shin splints so I’m kind of waiting for that to happen. But for now I’m just enjoying running again. 

• @CharmedPam Lol! We decided to stick with the typical red/black idea for a few reasons - throw to our wedding, which was a red & black colour theme - but also I didn't wanna do just Minnie {which is often pinks}
    Amazon doesn't always change for me when I click to US version {it actually won't let me use it .... } so that's random!
  • I just found out Office Depot/Office Max are offering free lamination of the CDC vaccination cards through July 25th.  But supposedly you need the coupon.  Here is the link to it:

21007_046_8.5x11.indd (officedepot.com)

I'm not sure it takes you right to it, but the first thing on the search is a PDF of the coupon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    I heard about that, @short+sassy, but I also was advised (media) not to laminate because boosters will be needed and they want them on the same card.  I went and bought card protectors from amazon for me and my family.  10/pk for like $5?

Edit:  sorry, not $5. $12.99! I think they had some other options for lower packs though. This is what I got.  I’ll give out the other 9 :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YFJ9C96/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HYZ0WZ1CXPXZAXV9148P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Has anyone painted with chalk paint before?

I need help. MIL has an old toy box I wanna reno this summer for BK.
    To use chalk paint - do I need to sand it before? Idk quality but is it necessary?

I want to glue letters on {BK's initials} Should I do that before I put on a top coat or after?

If I wanna do an easy liner inside the box, has anyone done contact paper or fabric?

I am not a pro about these things obv lol
    This should not be that hard in my head lol

To use chalk paint - do I need to sand it before? Idk quality but is it necessary?

I want to glue letters on {BK's initials} Should I do that before I put on a top coat or after?

If I wanna do an easy liner inside the box, has anyone done contact paper or fabric?

I painted on a wall so not the same but you want to make sure the surface is as clean and smooth as possible. Not so much for the paint but for any writing you’ll do on it. You want to minimize any bumps or imperfections that will make writing/ coloring hard. I’d say do any add-one after you’re finished. I don’t know that you’ll want a separate top coat? I’d guess that makes it hard to use the chalk on it. We just did two coats of the chalkboard paint. 
  • Not much here, the weather is super beautiful so I’m hoping to get outside sometime today. 

Something is going on at work but I don’t know what it is. My manager is usually easy to get a hold of, even when he’s busy & really attentive in meetings and the last week he’s been- none of those things. Today I asked how’s it going and he said “it’s going. Not sure about good”. I’ll know when I need to know but my spidey senses are tingling that something is up. 

I painted on a wall so not the same but you want to make sure the surface is as clean and smooth as possible. Not so much for the paint but for any writing you’ll do on it. You want to minimize any bumps or imperfections that will make writing/ coloring hard. I’d say do any add-one after you’re finished. I don’t know that you’ll want a separate top coat? I’d guess that makes it hard to use the chalk on it. We just did two coats of the chalkboard paint. 
    I'm not going to draw on it - chalk paint is just ideal in this situation {according to a few sites} because it's pretty durable.
    The letters are going to be wooden ones {painting those separate}

I assume I'm going to have to minimal sand it since it's been in storage for so long, I just hope it's not dry a.f 
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2021
    Has anyone painted with chalk paint before?

I'm not going to draw on it - chalk paint is just ideal in this situation {according to a few sites} because it's pretty durable.

I assume I'm going to have to minimal sand it since it's been in storage for so long, I just hope it's not dry a.f 
    One of the biggest positives about chalked paint (which is different than chalkboard paint) is that you don't need to sand.  It's not going to hurt it at all if you want to and have the time though!  I would definitely do a topcoat of some kind or you will be able to see every little fingerprint and grease mark. 

TBH I actually prefer a regular paint for most furniture I've redone - it seems to look nicer for longer, imo.  If you do that you could always just get a regular matte paint if that's the look you like.  For regular paint, i would sand first for sure though.  

ETF: words

• I heard about that, @short+sassy, but I also was advised (media) not to laminate because boosters will be needed and they want them on the same card.  I went and bought card protectors from amazon for me and my family.  10/pk for like $5?

Edit:  sorry, not $5. $12.99! I think they had some other options for lower packs though. This is what I got.  I’ll give out the other 9 :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YFJ9C96/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HYZ0WZ1CXPXZAXV9148P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Oh!  Thanks for that.  I didn't realize there could potentially be more info put on the card at a later date.  I bought some protectors on Amazon yesterday, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Casadena said:
    Has anyone painted with chalk paint before?

One of the biggest positives about chalked paint (which is different than chalkboard paint) is that you don't need to sand.  It's not going to hurt it at all if you want to and have the time though!  I would definitely do a topcoat of some kind or you will be able to see every little fingerprint and grease mark. 

TBH I actually prefer a regular paint for most furniture I've redone - it seems to look nicer for longer, imo.  If you do that you could always just get a regular matte paint if that's the look you like.  For regular paint, i would sand first for sure though.  

ETF: words
    What's difference between chalk and matte?

I was seeing matte paint today and the price isn't different
  • Matte finish is just a latex paint with a non-glossy finish, chalk paint is a the totally separate kind of paint.  you really can't go wrong either way, but you will have way more color options with "regular" paint vs. Chalk!
  • Vent: my rug delivery has been rescheduled FOUR TIMES now and is supposed to come tomorrow.  I know it's in the area, so hopefully it's true. But way to over-promise and under-deliver, fedex.  And I just got notice another delivery has been rescheduled. 

FWP, but it's very irritating. 
  • I heard about that, @short+sassy, but I also was advised (media) not to laminate because boosters will be needed and they want them on the same card.  I went and bought card protectors from amazon for me and my family.  10/pk for like $5?

that's cool @CharmedPam  I have mine in my purse and it is already getting messed up and I wasn't sure what to do. I wonder if I can find a smaller pack somewhere
  • Glad you had a nice vacation @kvruns and your grandma had a good time with you guys.  
  • kvruns said:
    I heard about that, @short+sassy, but I also was advised (media) not to laminate because boosters will be needed and they want them on the same card.  I went and bought card protectors from amazon for me and my family.  10/pk for like $5?

that's cool @CharmedPam  I have mine in my purse and it is already getting messed up and I wasn't sure what to do. I wonder if I can find a smaller pack somewhere
    after looking at these it makes me think some of those name tag holders from conferences would work for this purpose too although I think I've thrown all of mine away 
  • How is he so big @kvruns!!
  • Baby B is a FULL ON KID!  What the heck?!  He's adorable.  
  • @kvruns NO! HE IS A TEENAGER!!!
    you: couple pics
    actual meaning: CUTE A.F BIG KID MAKING EVERYONE DIE A BIT
  • I've never heard of olive oil cookies but lemon sounds yummy so I bet they're delicious