Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!!

Also, new tooth day! 

Well now I know why the baby has been so cranky- his first tooth broke through. 

Other than that it’s cold here and probably going to snow. But I’m taking tomorrow off!!

Re: Prudie Day!!

• Those teeth can be horrible mood breakers! Hope his mood improves considerably.

Headed out to get my eyebrows done in a minute. Baking pies this afternoon to take to DD's tomorrow for Easter. We are also taking a dresser up for the boys' room. H refinished it and it turned out really well. I'm packing extra stuff just in case baby decides to make an early arrival. Doctor told her yesterday that if she didn't want to induce a week early that is ok with him so she's going to let things go until due date if necessary. I really hope he comes early though.
  • charlotte989875 Those teeth can be the root of a lot of crankiness! 

I didn't realize until I was driving this morning that it is my Friday! We are closed to Tomorrow.  I have a lot of work to do but I am so not feeling it. I got my vaccine Tuesday and I am feeling kind of blah still.

My H works tomorrow but my Dad might come up and go to the Zoo's rainforest with us. Saturday I need to get all the things done because Easter is Jam-packed. My in-laws are coming over for brunch and an egg hunt. Then  we drive to my parents for Easter dinner.
  • So M isn't in a great mood.
    He's fully wfh now. His office decided not to renew lease on the space, so they're clearing it out.
    I'm trying to show benefits of this - because he is the kind of person who'd rather work in office - and he gets it, but it is what it is.

BK is so funny lately. So last night we waited in the car while M went to get her steroid script, and I thought she was telling me she was tired because she tends to ask to "lay down" or "go take nep" when she's tired.
    In the back, she starts going "lay down, take nep" so I say we're going home for dinner but she can lay on the couch.
    She continues saying that she had lunch, and book.

*face palm* She was telling me about her friggen day! Lol
    This week they're learning about animals, so she's been a goat, horse and donkey at home LMAO!
    This morning she was telling M "2 ponies!" all excited and M is just like "uh ... sure?" And apparently with BK being into counting and unicorns, she found her a book about counting unicorns!!

Like .... what?
    Benefits of BK being solo at daycare is that she can do some preschool stuff. Apparently she catches on pretty fast to things.

I got some craft eggs to colour, so we may do that tomorrow morning. After nap, I'm probably facetiming my mum so BK can open her easter gifts from her.

Even though we're going back into lock down, M, my mum's bf, aunt and uncle are still moving shit out of my nana's apartment Saturday. Depending on weather, I may take BK out to the front for some chalk drawing and fresh air. Maybe a bit of the park behind us, but depends on weather and timing.
  • Oh teething hurts like a mofo.  

Today is the day I can register for my shot.  I have spent a LOT of time refreshing my browser thus far and have no appointment yet.  Bah!
  • I'm glad the tooth broke thru. A picture of DefConn just being sad came up in memories recently and the caption was about teething.  It's so rough sometimes.  

Yesterday, I was off.  DefConn and I did ALL the running around.  He was a trouper about it.  I saw a couch DH and I had been contemplating for our bonus room in stock, so we went back and bought it last night. 

We bought a rug from Ruggable, but it's way too big.  So it has to go back in exchange for a smaller one.  But as far as quality, totally recommend.  Also, the rug we bought for our bonus room doesn't work now.  We were going round and round looking for a different one online last night.  We had to give it up because designs and patterns were literally melding together.  LOL IDK why we bought rugs without buying the couch and/or measuring.  Feels like a very 'durr' thing.  Haha. 

The kiddo got bad food poisoning. We went to check on him and took him Gatorade early in the evening.  His GF ended up taking him in for fluids and nausea meds because it was so bad.  He went home, and seems to be better.  But it was stressful and I'm tired today from being up off and on worrying.  

We are so close to being done with both rooms.  The last stretch over the finish line feels like it's taking for-ev-er. 

Prudie coming up.  
  • @charlotte989875 BK always was miserable when teething. Honestly her 2yr old molars were the least issue but the canines were THE WORST!! She always got multiples so canines came all together.
    So fx tiny tot is good!
  • Good to know about Ruggable @mrsconn23! I see the ads for them all the time and I’ve wondered if the quality is the same as a traditional rug! 
  • Thanks for those charts @CharmedPam
    Also, this is why is makes no fucking sense that states are 'reopening' or removing mask mandates while the vaccines are being ramped up.  End of May would be a better time to remove the mandates.  
  • @mrsconn23 when we do BK's room reno, we're doing to doing an accent wall with wall blush or a rug from ruggable - neither are cheap but figured we wanna spend on one now and other maybe later.
  • @mrsconn23 when we do BK's room reno, we're doing to doing an accent wall with wall blush or a rug from ruggable - neither are cheap but figured we wanna spend on one now and other maybe later.
    IDK when you plan to do if, but I think I could get you a 15% off code.  Also, these rugs come with custom pads.  The pad affixes to the floor and the rug velcros to the pad.  You pull just the rug up to wash and the pad stays down.  We bought an 8x10, which we really need a 6x9. 

The 8x10 was only about $50 more than what we were looking at in stores to buy a rug + pad for a mid-range rug.  The 6x9 will be about the same price as an 8x10 w/o buying a pad.  Once we dug in, we found them to actually be pretty in line with what we could get in a store and the advantage of them being machine washable is huge.  
  • @CharmedPam M is very much of the factor that he works better in office vs home because of distractions. {adhd problems} but I know personally, even if my coworker and I don't talk entire day, having that knowledge of them here gives me that social interaction.
  • I'm struggling to get motivated with work. Worked hard Tuesday so catch up after being out but then yesterday and part of this morning was a struggle. Trying to get some stuff done today since we are closed tomorrow. And daycare is open - woohoo!  I'm getting together tomorrow for brunch with 2 friends. 2 of us are fully vaccinated and the third gets her's tomorrow after our brunch so she felt comfortable. We've gotten together a handful of times through all of this but not since fall when it seemed like things were spreading more. 
  • I'm just very tired and sad today.  I have a mess going on in my life that I'm hoping comes to an end, one way or another, in the next few months.  It's not related to the breakup; can't say much more than that, sorry to vague post.

Had a good meeting with immediate boss today and my caseload is moving forward again.  I have a lot to do and have been able to keep busy at work, which has been good for me.  I've been trying to cut down my drinking, but it's been pretty hard.  I've been drinking a few times a week, but keeping myself to the 2 drinks pretty successfully, so I'm just trying to give myself some grace right now.

I'm getting a haircut today and then my eyebrows done soon.  We have to sit for headshots at work. I wish they wouldn't put the support staff online, but they don't ask me.  **shrug**  Otherwise, SSDD.
  • @MissKittyDanger, funny you should mention the office closing, my admin and I were talking about what she heard on the news and many Chicago comapnies are seeing the benefit of wfh, and permanently closing offices too.  We kinda figured that would happen. But she raised a good point, the younger folk are missing out on a LOT of socialization and conversation. It wont be the same.  Maybe zoom helps a little, but face to face is where it’s at. I’m old school, though.

My 1st dose went smoothly.  It was a very well organized place. I brought my meds and was ready to show my MyChart on why I’m b1+, since general public isn’t open till the 12th. Some places say be prepared to show proof of eligibility, but it was all honor system where I went.  Maybe they post that so people who are not in that category think twice about booking before the 12th? How did yours go @climbingsingle?

Edit: our posts crossed Climbing!  Good to know yours went well.  Sore arm here too.  I’m never not tired so...

also, incase anyone needs to see this, it was posted in my vaccine FB group.  A study came out today saying pfzier protection can last  “at least” 6 months.  I know it wasn’t a “two and done” thing - but was hoping for it to be annually, like the flu shot. 
    And that at least 6 months can change to at least a year. When the vaccines came out they were saying 3 months. That was three months ago. They are still getting data. It could still very well be like a flu shot or even less frequently. I don't care as long as people get it. I'm totally fed up with the people that say it doesn't work or that it hasn't been tested enough.
  • I'm sorry @VarunaTT. Sending you all the vibes.

It's been a mellow day here. Tomorrow isn't a holiday, but a lot of people take vacation days, so almost no meetings scheduled. I'm enjoying having BIL's family around. The kids are like 10-13, so they're old enough to take care of themselves, but young enough to still be fun. Tonight we're going to get BBQ take out and learn how to play Risk. 

• also, incase anyone needs to see this, it was posted in my vaccine FB group.  A study came out today saying pfzier protection can last  “at least” 6 months.  I know it wasn’t a “two and done” thing - but was hoping for it to be annually, like the flu shot. 
    And that at least 6 months can change to at least a year. When the vaccines came out they were saying 3 months. That was three months ago. They are still getting data. It could still very well be like a flu shot or even less frequently. I don't care as long as people get it. I'm totally fed up with the people that say it doesn't work or that it hasn't been tested enough.
    Oh, so that “at least 6 months” was a positive thing? 

• @CharmedPam, yes as new data comes in they change their information to the public. They have updated efficacy too. Oh and the flu shot only lasts about 6 months but flu season is really only around six months. My doctor recommends getting the flu shot in October so that it lasts through spring break season - which as we all know is a high transmission of those types of viruses. While there is flu at other times of the year, it isn't as prevalent as it is from September/October through March/April.