Wedding Woes

Friday

I'm in the office today and it is DEAD.  I love coming in on Fridays when no one else is here.  

We tried the Costco chicken pot pie for dinner last night and it was great!  Thanks for the recommendation @banana468! Little man wouldn't eat it but he's going through a weird food phase all of a sudden and doesn't want to eat anything but yogurt and bread.  

It's supposed to be 70+ degrees here all weekend so we'll be spending most of it outside.  What is everyone doing this weekend?  Easter plans?

Re: Friday

• Work is dead for me too. I have a couple of short meetings this morning, and then not much all afternoon. Almost everyone that I need to talk to is out. 

It's supposed to be nice here this weekend too. Tomorrow BIL and family will still be around, so I'm thinking we go to the park or for a hike. We're going to my parents' for Easter. It will be pretty relaxed: late morning mimosas and then a big meal in the afternoon. I'm still in a weird funk with my sister, so I'm wondering how that's going to be. 
  • Morning!!  So ready for the weekend. 

Tonight, I have to run to my dad's to put a package coming to day in his house.  He's OOT visiting some family.  We're then returning some stuff and going out to dinner.   We may hang our TV in the bonus room tonight. 

Tomorrow, I'll be working a couple hours since we're still slammed at work and on mandatory OT for the next few weeks.  I've got to run to the store and finish Easter shopping.  DH has a haircut and may have an outing with DefConn.  I'm going to clean house and prep for Easter. 

Sunday, the family is coming over here for Easter.  We're also celebrating DefConn's bday with my family.  It's going to be a gorgeous day.  

Looking forward to spring-y days ahead!  
  • Happy Friday. Four people have called off at work. Ugh. I still haven’t heard a peep from FSIL and I’m an anxious mess about it. FI thinks I should just apologize and address the rest of it at a later time to smooth things over but I don’t want to do that either. I’ll take responsibility for the things I said that were hurtful but I was really hurt too and I don’t think it’s right I just act like it was all my fault. I’m not even excited about our trip any more which really sucks. 

Otherwise, SSDD. I’m running my hike tonight. I wonder if I’ll see FSIL. Last time she saw me on it she wouldn’t even acknowledge me. Family drama is the worst. 

• @levioosa I am sorry things are still awkward between you and FSIL. 

We are going to brunch with our friend group tomorrow. It 100% disrupts DS's nap so we are going to see if he can go no nap tomorrow. FX it doesn't blowup in our faces.
    I am going to try a new hair salon beforehand. I can't decide if I like my haircut or not so maybe they will have some insight. I am also getting my eyebrows waxed and my lashes dyed??? I honestly don't know what I am getting myself into. Its called LVL lashes, I think it stands for Length, Volume, ... Something else. I have never done anything like this before so we will see.
  • I'm not sure I've ever been so happy for a Friday.  Work is finally starting to settle in and I've been at work for 2 full weeks with no major new drama in my personal life interfering in my professional life.  I'm not sure what my new normal is going to look like and I still have some things to go through, but I'm starting to feel back in control of things...mostly.

No plans for the weekend.  I am going to watch Godzilla v. Kong, clean my place, do laundry, get my laundry room organized, and just chill.  I'm just truly exhausted with what 2021 has handed me so far and the time at home with quiet has become so important for me.
  • I finally activated my Sam's Club membership that I bought through Groupon.  My H and I just got back.  Loaded down with new goodies!

That's it for my weekend excitement, lol.  My H and I don't have anything planned for Easter.  It would be fun to dress up our dog or cat like a bunny.  But I don't think either one of them would appreciate that, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    Applying for lots of jobs, employee and contractor, full-time and part-time. I've picked up some freelance writing projects (including for my old employer), and hopefully that will help with $.

I'm usually not too sorry for the end of Passover, but this year, for some reason, I actually am. In 18 more days I get my second Moderna vaccination.

@levioosa, I'm sorry to hear about your continuing problem with your FSIL and hope you are able to get things back on an even keel.