Wedding Woes

Fun Friday

2»

Re: Fun Friday

• @ILoveBeachMusic i go to Noblesville. There's another not far but ever since they changed 37 (to make it like 31 as the limited access highway) it is nearly impossible to get into unless I was headed north already. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That’s hard @Casadena, sounds like the right decision but still get having all the feels.
    Im sorry for all your allergy struggles @charlotte989875
    Ugh with ya on all the kid activities @banana468 the kids are enjoying but what a time (and money 😝) suck!

I love TJs cards too.  Actually one of my go-to moves is popping in to grab one of their cards and pairing it with something from their lovely floral department...perfect gift!  (No, perfect gift would be if the TJs by me sold wine, I hear some stores do?)
  • @ei34 at least DH and I can divide and conquer with some of these.  In a few weeks though I think I'll have Chiquita doing a performance, Chiquito will have a game and DH will be at his cousin's wedding.  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2021
    kvruns said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic i go to Noblesville. There's another not far but ever since they changed 37 (to make it like 31 as the limited access highway) it is nearly impossible to get into unless I was headed north already. 
    My  home town. <3  I used to go to the one that was at the mall all the time.  I miss the convenience of that area.  
  • ei34 said:
    That’s hard @Casadena, sounds like the right decision but still get having all the feels.
    Ugh with ya on all the kid activities @banana468 the kids are enjoying but what a time (and money 😝) suck!

I love TJs cards too.  Actually one of my go-to moves is popping in to grab one of their cards and pairing it with something from their lovely floral department...perfect gift!  (No, perfect gift would be if the TJs by me sold wine, I hear some stores do?)
    Ours do.  My parents have gotten their favorite kinds from TJ’s.  One line was going out of business and they bought them out in their store in TN.  They asked me to look into IL and I did.  I was “uh there’s like 24 bottles here?!?”
    ”buy ‘em! Buy ‘em all!” It wasn’t the 2 buck chuck but not that much more either.  $6ish/bottle maybe?

• mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic i go to Noblesville. There's another not far but ever since they changed 37 (to make it like 31 as the limited access highway) it is nearly impossible to get into unless I was headed north already. 
    My  home town. <3  I used to go to the one that was at the mall all the time.  I miss the convenience of that area.  
    Oh I forgot about that one! It's so weird bc the mall is not far from me but I don't get over there much. Then again I've never understood outdoor malls in IN
  • I don't understand outdoor malls in Indiana either. I grew up in NC where there where outdoor "shopping centers" everywhere. This was the '60s and '70s then the first indoor malls opened and the shopping centers were no longer popular. In NC they make sense because the weather is much milder year around. Christmas shopping in an outdoor mall in Indiana is brutal!
  • I don't get it for Indy. But when I lived by HTC, it was so easy to get in and out if I just needed to go to one place.  I could have almost walked there if I wanted to.  I know the kiddo rode his bike up there with friends a few times before we moved. But now, the closest mall is 25-30 min away from me.   
  • I do agree that it is good for getting in/out for one store (assuming you can find parking...) -- I liked that about Clay Terrace too when I used to work by there. Definitely easier than going in a true mall in that aspect. But if you want to do a lot of shopping or browse from store to store I'm fine if the weather is nice but that's it. They used to do some nice free programs around the holidays and various times of the year but those started to die down a bit even before the pandemic
  • Aargh, I wish it was 5 o'clock already.  I'm sick of being at work, I'm reviewing this file and it's a danged nightmare and I'm fussy and irritated about it.

No big plans for the weekend.  I'm getting my phone back this afternoon.  It's going to have to be sent to Alabama for a 2-3 week time frame, b/c it's so new the local firm doesn't have the software new enough to break the extra layer of encryption.  They can send it off to the main company and they can get it done.  But they'll still just charge me the $425, b/c it's a professional connection.  I needed the messages for the 29th, but I'm just going to get them anyway.  there might be another time we need them and I'd rather just get them.  I would still have them for the future things that have to happen.  So, I'm going to get phone numbers off this weekend, borrow a friend's extra line/phone for the few weeks, and send it off on Monday.  Fucking mess.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I think over half of my office is gone and the rest of us are just blah.  The snow in the middle of the week really threw everyone for a loop, I think.
  • I am FREAKING OUT. 

I am sitting in my car watching DD at practice and catching up on work. 

I can hear the mice in my car over my head.    

• banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

Wait, what?! Nice? In your car? Nope. Nope nope nope. 
  • banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

I could hear the scratching overhead.   
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

Oh no that’s the worst!!

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

Oh no that’s the worst!!

I am hoping that DH takes a look this weekend.   I routinely go days without driving and park outside so my car is prime nest territory. 
  • kerbohl said:
    @charlotte989875 Good luck!  Can H recommend you so you at least get interviewed, or is that not allowed?
    He can’t but his manager can! 
    Good luck @charlotte989875!

Busy day for me, but I still have to get work done tonight and this weekend.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

I am going to giggle if there was low hanging branch you were parked under. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I am FREAKING OUT. 

I am going to giggle if there was low hanging branch you were parked under. 
    Nope!  Got out of my car and even looked!!
  • That would be a strong nope. H found a box of tissues shredded into a nest one time in his car. No mice we in residence at the time.
  • ei34 said:

You mean some of them don't sell wine, lol?  It's a huge section at the only TJs near me.  They sell hard liquor also.  It's the last row and then tons of displays taking up the rest of the room on that side of the store.  It has as much, if not more, selling space real estate then the produce section.

The only other TJs I've been in was back in my hometown in CA.  They sold at least wine/beer at that one also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That would be a strong nope. H found a box of tissues shredded into a nest one time in his car. No mice we in residence at the time.
    Once in his old car DH turned on the A/C as we were driving and we were pelted with scraps of paper towels.  We knew what the mice used for their nests in the air filter.