Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Preparation for 1st Anniversary

My wedding is in 2 weeks, small outdoor gathering. I'm trying to think of things that my fiance and I (or the whole family) can do at the wedding so that we can save them and have at the time of our first wedding anniversary (example: writing a letter to each other to read in 1 year on the wedding anniversary) but I'm trying to think of some ideas that are a little more creative than just writing letters... Doesn't matter if it's just us doing or or something every guest can participate in! I appreciate any ideas! Thanks. 

Re: Preparation for 1st Anniversary

• Options
    Traditionally the top layer of the cake is saved and frozen to be eaten on the first anniversary. I had good success with this - the cake was extremely well wrapped. Others have just bought a small cake that replicates their wedding cake. Writing a letter to one another is a fine idea. You could have your guest write in your guests book words of advice for the newlyweds - other than that, I wouldn't ask the guest to participate in anything else.
  • Options
    My wedding is in 2 weeks, small outdoor gathering. I'm trying to think of things that my fiance and I (or the whole family) can do at the wedding so that we can save them and have at the time of our first wedding anniversary (example: writing a letter to each other to read in 1 year on the wedding anniversary) but I'm trying to think of some ideas that are a little more creative than just writing letters... Doesn't matter if it's just us doing or or something every guest can participate in! I appreciate any ideas! Thanks. 
    My suggestion is sort of writing letters, but not quite that involved. I printed on clear labels "Please leave a note for X&Y to revisit on our # anniversary," made the # huge relative to the other text, and put the labels on those little 3x5 kraft notebooks. We used the notebooks as our table numbers, propped up on some little gold wire stands.

Therefore, the people at table 6 got to write the notes we read on our 6th anniversary. Some tables did increasingly drunk chronicles of the night and their wishes, haha. We've got 15 of these little books, and have been looking at them every anniversary.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    My suggestion is sort of writing letters, but not quite that involved. I printed on clear labels "Please leave a note for X&Y to revisit on our # anniversary," made the # huge relative to the other text, and put the labels on those little 3x5 kraft notebooks. We used the notebooks as our table numbers, propped up on some little gold wire stands.

Therefore, the people at table 6 got to write the notes we read on our 6th anniversary. Some tables did increasingly drunk chronicles of the night and their wishes, haha. We've got 15 of these little books, and have been looking at them every anniversary.
    I love this idea. ❤