Attire & Accessories Forum

Help!!! Does Any Need a Shapewear Piece Under the Wedding Dress?

Well, I bought my wedding dress, but it seems that I need to control my tummy part, which will make the wedding dress more fitter.  I want my wedding day to be perfect in everything including my look. Does anyone have the same question? I'm looking for some shaper type on this website? Can anyone give me some advice?

Re: Help!!! Does Any Need a Shapewear Piece Under the Wedding Dress?

• First a lot depends on the design of your dress for what the way to go is.  Shapewear will potentially add some bulk, so if it's a "loose but want an area to lay flatter" that's what you've got to consider.  Spanx are a great option if it's just the tummy area and you don't have a low plunging back to the dress.  Otherwise, a busk might be an option (make sure it's metal boning because plastic strapless long-line bras are just junk and for $10 more you go from something meant to wear a max of 4 times (i.e. your fittings only before it gives out) to something meant to last years with frequent use/wearing and is a million times easier to put on and wear...  

• What are the odds that a sock puppet will chime in here with just the thing to help with shaping? 10...9....8....
  • Definitely not! Wearing shapewear or under your wedding dress is a personal choice and completely optional.
  • I would say that wearing the shapewear under your wedding dress might bring you more confidence and peace of mind on the day. You can just relax and don't worry about the photographer taking the wrong shoot. This is applicable mostly to the fitted style dress or A-line dress with thin layers of skirt that can slightly show the stomach area. There are many different shapewear styles you can choose from. They can be with high, low waistline, can be stings and etc. As on of the ladies said it depends on the dress design (open low back, visible corset and etc).