Texas-Austin

DJ and cupcakes!!!

I need some suggestions for a DJ! Our venue only had one on the vendor list and he hasn't got back to me.

Also, we are wanting to do cupcakes instead of a cake. Any suggestions there? Preferably someone that has the cupcake tower to go with it.

Thanks ladies!Laughing
~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ and cupcakes!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi there! My FI and I are meeting with Tim from Austin Party Machine this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Greenbelt DJ gets some amazing reviews on this board, but he was a little out of our price range. If you plan to spend $1000+ he might be your guy! And if you need any more recommendations, you can always search this board. I think I've seen a few posts about DJ recs in the past. :)
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greenbelt DJ gets alot of positive reviews on the site.   We used Complete Music for our wedding and were very pleased with their service.

What about Hey Cupcake ?  DH and I love their cupcakes.
  • edited December 2011
    The Grune Flour Cupcakery in Grune Texas has the BEST Cupcakes. Not sure where you are getting married, but I am sure that they would deliver. They are AWESOME.

http://www.grueneflourcupcakery.com/
  • geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with RPM Productions.  They are local to the Austin area and Rodney is REALLY FUN & AWESOME!  He totally knows how to get a crowd going, and they are really reasonable too.  I'm not sure what his current deals are, but we got him for under anything we priced out elsewhere.  

You can email him at rodneyrodiguez722@yahoo.com.  

Hope this helps!  He's taken for 11/12 though :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with galaxy bakery in georgetown.  Shannon is awesome and he has some very cool "cuptail" flavors...jack and coke (perfect for our wedding at the ranch), margarita, strawberry champagne, mimosa, etc...

• edited December 2011
    Joel at Greenbelt is awesome - so is Josh at Penguin Entertainment.

Hands down the best cupcakes I have tried in Austin are Lick it Bite it or Both on Burnett & they do rent stands as well. My sister got my bridal shower cupcakes from Toot Sweet and they were cute (in my wedding colors!) & pretty tasty, not sure about stands though.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing cupcakes and getting them from hill country bakery. They are awesome and super nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree with PP's regarding Greenbelt DJ.  Joel will be doing our wedding and every aspect of working with him so far has been amazing.  As for him being pricey, I honestly found that he was a LOT less than several other companies I researched.  I think it would be worth a call to him.  

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I'd check out Delish cupcakes.  They're on 2nd street and is a local woman-owned business.  The cupcakes are so good and she comes up with some of the most interesting flavors.

• SSPRODJAustinSSPRODJAustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the newer Dj Services in Austin that has a proven track record is Sensational Sounds LLC, they are the best in Colorado Springs, Colorado and have recently moved down into Austin. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards