Attire & Accessories Forum

Help me! Fiance's suit is WAY too big and we are 8 days from the wedding

We decided to use Generation Tux for our wedding, after my cousin used it for her wedding and all the guys looked fantastic! My fiancé and his groomsmen ordered their suits back in March, and supposedly the suits were supposed to come 14 days before the wedding. Well... my fiancé got his 9 days out from the wedding (yesterday night) and literally NOTHING fits. It is so huge, it looks like he is a little kid trying on his dad's suit! Everyone else in the wedding party is fine, but his is absolutely beyond saving. I have been trying to get a hold of their customer service all last night and today- by phone, by chat, by email- but haven't gotten any reply.

I am really starting to panic here and I don't know what to do if I literally cannot get through to them. Does anyone have any clever idea on how to salvage the situation? I am losing my mind!!! 

Re: Help me! Fiance's suit is WAY too big and we are 8 days from the wedding

• I would try tweeting at them (hate to say it but shaming a company that hasn't responded is often the only thing left to do), but in the meantime, he needs a suit. Make that your top priority. Get to a tux/suit rental place nearby and explain the situation. Or head to a men's shop and do the same. He may have to buy one off the rack and pay for speedy alterations. Or does he have a friend or family member who is a similar size and owns a decent suit? That's all I've got. Best of luck!
  • If you get nowhere by tomorrow morning then make a trip.  Go to Men's Warehouse or any other store and tell them your situation. Your partner is the groom!  He can look different.    So just start to search your options and see what can be done in a hurry.   If he isn't a very special size then there have to be plenty of options but you may need to think out of the box. 
  • The good news - it's your Groom's, it's okay for him to wear something entirely different from the rest of the WP.  I'd recommend a local Haberdashery or worst case Men's Wearhouse, JoS A. Banks, Kohl's, JC Penny, Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, etc.